Thread: 2020 Week2 Thread

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

2020 Week2 Thread

Browns vs Bengals Thursday night. Who wins? Who cares?

Which team starts off 0-2? Vikings at Colts this week.

2 surprise winners face off. Football Team at Cardinals.

Any other non-Steelers game of any interest this week?

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Re: 2020 Week2 Thread

Browns vs Bengals is interesting as one division opponent (can’t say rival) will be 0-2. If Baker loses to Burrow, he’s toast.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Browns vs Bengals is interesting as one division opponent (can’t say rival) will be 0-2. If Baker loses to Burrow, he’s toast.
    I'll take the Bengals to profit from the Browns Browning themselves. OR maybe the Browns profit from another Bengals bungle.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Browns vs Bengals Thursday night. Who wins? Who cares?

Which team starts off 0-2? Vikings at Colts this week.

2 surprise winners face off. Football Team at Cardinals.

Any other non-Steelers game of any interest this week?
    Agree. If Burrow comes out on top, this will begin a major Mayfield slide...possibly into oblivion...it won’t be good...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/2020/reg2/
    Just so everyone has access to this week's schedule.

IF...Jags win at Titans after beating the Colts last week, does the conversation change? I don't think the Jags stand much of a chance in this one but asking just in case. Are the Jags still a basement dweller team?

The Patriots at the Seahawks looks to be the best coaching head to head this week. This may be a good defensive battle too. The Seahawks rush defense against the Patriots pass defense.

The Saints at the Raiders is maybe only intriguing because it's the Saints on the road and without Michael Thomas. But it is intriguing. 2 good running games, 2 stingy defenses, interesting coaching matchup. Looks like a fun game.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

2 good running games, 2 stingy defenses, interesting coaching matchup. Looks like a fun game.
    Yea, ummmm...... the Raiders D is not so good. We could win this game with Thomas being out, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Yea, ummmm...... the Raiders D is not so good. We could win this game with Thomas being out, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
    Maybe not all around defense but the Raiders were a top10 defense vs the pass last season. I know stats need context but that was the basis for that comment.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For all those lamenting the loss of Fred Johnson, watch the Bengals Browns. Multiple penalties after getting blown up and he just might get Burrow decapitated by the time it's done. He's getting smoked.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Man the Bengals suck

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I watched the 4th quarter of the Browns/Bengals game. I’ve gotta say that I’m impressed with Burrow. For a rookie with no pre-season reps, the NFL does not look too fast for him. He’s making quick reads and decisions and appears to be much further along than a kid only seeing his 2nd game at NFL speed.

That having been said, he also looks like Chad Pennington v2.0. Accurate passer, gets the ball out quick, and looks nothing like a rookie above-the-neck. However, that pop-gun arm eventually just no longer gets it done at some point in time. You don’t have to have a howitzer, but you do have to have the ability to hammer the ball into tight windows to succeed at the NFL level. After a few years, that effectively plateaued Pennington’s career into that of just being ‘just another QB’. I won’t be surprised if Burrow’s career follows a similar trajectory. He just doesn’t have the fastball needed to be a true franchise QB.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2020 Week2 Thread

Good victory for the Cowboys...unbelievable...

They were a 98% probability to lose that game.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Good victory for the Cowboys...unbelievable...
    Falcons with the bonehead play on the onside kick

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Justin Herbert gets the start for the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Falcons with the bonehead play on the onside kick

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Really not sure what they were thinking there...

Eagles taking it on the chin again this week...ouch!

Dolphins not going away...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Falcons blow it against cowgirls

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Oh, look - a nobody QB takes it right down the field against the defending SB champs for a TD. Guess the Chiefs are done.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Oh, look - a nobody QB takes it right down the field against the defending SB champs for a TD. Guess the Chiefs are done.
    They’re trash...lol.

Dwayne Haskins....ewwww.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Rookie spot starter Hebert throws for 195 in a half. Better get Andy Reid's replacement lined up. Chiefs are clearly done. Throw in the towel on 2020, they'll never win anything again.

Some thoughts for week 2 (and through 2 weeks)

-First of all, holy injury! Lot of injuries today, which sucks

-Cardinals are looking like a playoff team thus far. I was impressed with what they did week 1 and they pick up a win in week 2. DeAndre Hopkins has been a big boost for them

-The Rams look like they may be getting their mojo back, Jared Goff looking going back to real NFL QB status

-The Cowgirls are every bit as overhyped and overrated as I thought they were. They would be 0-2 if it weren't for the Falcons terrible defense and their pension for blowing big leads. It amazes me how this team gets Super Bowl hype every year for over a decade and every year they come up short. It's gonna happen again, this team is so overrated. Also for Falcons fans sake, I hope they fire Dan Quinn after this year

-Gardner Minshew is single handedly turning the Jaguars from favorites in the tank for Trevor sweepstakes to a competitive football team

-I thought the Packers would regress and that would open the door for the Vikings to win by default but the Packers look real good the first two games getting decisive victories (As opposed to last year winning most games by the skin of their teeth against inferior teams) while the Vikings look like trash

-The Steelers could learn a thing or 10 from the Ravens on closing teams out (certainly if you hand the Ravens a 17-3 halftime lead against Jeff Driskell, it would be 31-3 by the start of the 4th quarter)

-Miami just has no quit in them. Brian Flores so far looks like someone who will get the most out of a team. (Last year got 5 wins out of the worst roster in the NFL)

Seahawks beat Patriots by stopping Cam on the one. Of course it wouldn't have come down to it if on 3rd and 1 to try and clinch the game, PEte Carroll doesn't decide to be an idiot again and upchuck the ball

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The Raiders look pretty good this year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Rookie spot starter Hebert throws for 195 in a half. Better get Andy Reid's replacement lined up. Chiefs are clearly done. Throw in the towel on 2020, they'll never win anything again.
    Their SB win was a Dong win, the niners fell asleep at the wheel and they relied on Patrick Mahomes’ heroics. A truly great team doesn’t need a great QB to win, they just dong it up until he throws for 3 TDS