Thread: Old Dogs and New Tricks on Offense in Week 1 for the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Old Dogs and New Tricks on Offense in Week 1 for the Steelers

Use of motion by the offense: https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/st...e-in-week-one/ from 26th to 5th

Route Combinations for picks and rubs? https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/fi...-the-red-zone/

Gosh, golly. The next thing we will see is play action passing!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Old Dogs and New Tricks on Offense in Week 1 for the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Use of motion by the offense: https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/st...e-in-week-one/ from 26th to 5th

Route Combinations for picks and rubs? https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/fi...-the-red-zone/

Gosh, golly. The next thing we will see is play action passing!
    Don’t get crazy now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I saw Ben do one play action pass. Can't remember the outcome because I was in shock.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

It's like watching the "old" Patriots play.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

There was one aspect of the motion that I wasn't a fan of. They kept putting DJ in motion on jet sweeps and faking the handoff to him, then giving the ball to the up-back. NY wasn't biting on the jet sweep at all. All it did was take a WR out of the picture entirely from a blocking perspective, and the corner had a free, uncontested shot at the running back.

That play needs to go into the circular folder.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They can draw up all the new O they want, but 0 INTs was one key to victory.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    There was one aspect of the motion that I wasn't a fan of. They kept putting DJ in motion on jet sweeps and faking the handoff to him, then giving the ball to the up-back. NY wasn't biting on the jet sweep at all. All it did was take a WR out of the picture entirely from a blocking perspective, and the corner had a free, uncontested shot at the running back.

Its a setup play. They are putting it on film so teams play the up back. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the first or second time they show that look against Denver, DJ will get it on the sweep.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Its a setup play. They are putting it on film so teams play the up back. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the first or second time they show that look against Denver, DJ will get it on the sweep.
    Very true. No one is going to respond to moving a bunch of guys around when they have little film of you doing it. I'm not explaining myself well, but the payoff will come down the road.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post

The thing is, all those non-handoffs on the jet sweep set up the game-sealing play when they handed the ball to Claypool for the first down. He got the corner because the defense probably wasn't ready to bite on the jet sweep because they hadn't handed it off all game. That's how you call a game to set up a play later in the game or in future games.