Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell on IR already

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell on IR already

This is exactly why you don't pay someone who had injury and suspension issues this much guaranteed money. I'm glad the Jets got left with that bill and not us

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell on IR already

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    This is exactly why you don't pay someone who had injury and suspension issues this much guaranteed money. I'm glad the Jets got left with that bill and not us
    Doesn’t mean he’d necessarily been hurt with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Only come playoff time...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If you’re the GM, given his history would you be comfortable giving him 40M guaranteed? Knowing that if he fails to perform to the level of his contract, your team is fucked cap wise for years?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    If you’re the GM, given his history would you be comfortable giving him 40M guaranteed? Knowing that if he fails to perform to the level of his contract, your team is fucked cap wise for years?
    At the time, I would’ve signed him to the deal the Steelers offered him. He was extremely productive and in a much, MUCH better situation with Pittsburgh than he is with the Jets.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Would he have borrowed someone else’s hamstring if in Pittsburgh? Epitome of poetic justice, too bad he still gets paid.

The bigger story is Frank Gore starting a game in 2020. Lol. Think about it...that would be like Dalvin Cook starting a game in 2032...

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Would he have borrowed someone else’s hamstring if in Pittsburgh? Epitome of poetic justice, too bad he still gets paid.
    It’s most likely a different series of events. So doesn’t necessarily mean he’d “injure” his hamstring...if it’s even a real injury...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It’s most likely a different series of events. So doesn’t necessarily mean he’d “injure” his hamstring...if it’s even a real injury...lol.
    Bell is better than any RB on the Steelers roster. Why people wouldn't want him around is kinda hard to follow to me.

I agree, I don't think he is legit injured. Gase wants him gone. Gase is also the worst coach in the league.

I think Bell is an increasingly common Steelers FA departure story. Guys get drafted into the NFL by the Steelers. Assume that the Steelers are similar to every NFL organization and coaching staff. Leave the team for a massive $$$ payday or a chance at increased playing time. Realize that the Steelers are a high functioning organization and staff while a decent % of the NFL is barely functional. Like the cash and regret the place of employment.

Watch Colbert trade the Jets a conditional 4th round pick or something for Bell after he gets healthy and have the Jets pay his salary as well.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bell is better than any RB on the Steelers roster. Why people wouldn't want him around is kinda hard to follow to me.

I agree, I don't think he is legit injured. Gase wants him gone. Gase is also the worst coach in the league.

I think Bell is an increasingly common Steelers FA departure story. Guys get drafted into the NFL by the Steelers. Assume that the Steelers are similar to every NFL organization and coaching staff. Leave the team for a massive $$$ payday or a chance at increased playing time. Realize that the Steelers are a high functioning organization and staff while a decent % of the NFL is barely functional. Like the cash and regret the place of employment.

Watch Colbert trade the Jets a conditional 4th round pick or something for Bell after he gets healthy and have the Jets pay his salary as well.
    Same reason I don’t want AB around. Both quit on teammates. But yes he is better than any Steelers RB

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He was better, but his head is no longer in the game. No way any team will ever get a full season out of him again.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    He was better, but his head is no longer in the game. No way any team will ever get a full season out of him again.
    I’d be willing to bet if he came back to Pittsburgh he’s be revitalized...

He gambled on himself and a market that wasn’t there and lost...and looking like he lost big time!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Same reason I don’t want AB around. Both quit on teammates. But yes he is better than any Steelers RB
    Wouldn’t want him at all.
    Saying he’d be the best RB on the Steelers only holds a little water because you’re comparing him to oft injured Conner and second year Benny.
    He’s nowhere near the physical back he used to be and he’s not nearly as quick.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Why are we still having conversations about how it would be good to re-sign Bell after he quit on the team and has since been a dud?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Head case + $40m guaranteed = No play Jose'

He will be dreaming of carrying the ball in Madden 2020 and counting his digit$ and checking his retirement account balance from his couch.

JaMarcus Russell created the business model.

NFL is turning into the NBA with helmets.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In light of Conner's continued struggles, I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers take Bell back either, to be perfectly honest - but only at a bargain basement salary which he would never accept, however.

No way does he merit a top-5 RB contract at this point. Hell, he doesn't even really merit a top-20 RB contract, especially when he'll be 29 years old in February with 30 being the unspoken "point of no return" for NFL RBs.

Sorry, but 2017 was eons ago in NFL time...and even more so for a RB. Especially one who has literally shown NOTHING since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That would work too.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

He was back today

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He was back today

Wasting his talent in New York. Gotta be one of the biggest blunders in sports history...

He was back today

Doesn't want to admit his stunt in 2018 was a terrible decision

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Doesn't want to admit his stunt in 2018 was a terrible decision
    Booger sorta called him out on primetime lol, "Those big holes that were opened in Pittsburgh, they ain't there anymore"

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...w4y-story.html

Bell made his bed and he’s got to lie in it. However, Gase has had a negative attitude towards Bell since day one and has been dicking with him ever since. Gase is the one who should get traded but Bell will be better off wherever he goes. He’s not a terrible guy...just made some shitty contract decisions and now karma is a bitch.

Some day guys like Bell and AB will realize that they don’t make the teams, more often than not, the teams (and players/coaches around them) make them. Probably not...

OH MY GOD!!!!

If I were the Steelers, Bears, Cardinals, Dolphins, Id be on the phone with the Jets.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

If I were the Steelers, Bears, Cardinals, Dolphins, Id be on the phone with the Jets.
    Why would the steelers even consider taking this ass back?

Personally, I don't want to see Bell back for 2 reasons

He's not the same RB that he was in 2016...Far from it

And what happened in 2018 was a disgrace.I don't miss the drama of the Killer B's era.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Personally, I don't want to see Bell back for 2 reasons

He's not the same RB that he was in 2016...Far from it

And what happened in 2018 was a disgrace.I don't miss the drama of the Killer B's era.

Here comes the part where people try to convince others that spending draft capital and salary cap money on a Smokey Bell is a "Good idea" because "Adam Gase ruined him" and "He will be better with us I swear" even though

a. He was never reliable, typically injured or suspended, rarely available

b. He's not the same RB he was in 2014 or 2016

c. His disgraceful exit will disqualify any sensible organization on the wrong end of such an exit from ever returning. Le'Veon burned that bridge

d. They really don't need him. RBs are a dime a dozen, Ben is doing fine without him, the offense in general is doing fine without him. Why pay good amount of money and draft capital for any RB, let alone a RB with THAT history?

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

No draft capital needed he just got released.