Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chase Claypool

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Chase Claypool

Chase Claypool is the only reason this team won today

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Not even Antonio Brown or Hines Ward took over games like Claypool did today. He's a force all on his own.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Not even Antonio Brown or Hines Ward took over games like Claypool did today. He's a force all on his own.
    As good as AB was it wasn't because of sheer athletic talent. The guy was very dedicated to his craft.

Claypool on the other hand is a physical freak. The combination of his size and speed wasn't seen since Megatron. If he can stay focused he will be a star in this league

Member Array title="Istina has a spectacular aura about">

I'm just glad our sieve of a secondary doesn't have to defend him

Istina

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Reminds me of Julio Jones when he's on the field.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yep, the ONLY reason. His 2 INTs were pretty exceptional too. He also recorded 5 sacks and held the Eagles' rushing attack to 94 total yards(remember 1 went for 74). But it was his 27of34 passing for 3TDs that sealed it.

No doubt Claypool had a game for the record books and one he will always remember, but it is ALWAYS a team win.

You be you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yep, the ONLY reason. His 2 INTs were pretty exceptional too. He also recorded 5 sacks and held the Eagles' rushing attack to 94 total yards(remember 1 went for 74). But it was his 27of34 passing for 3TDs that sealed it.

No doubt Claypool had a game for the record books and one he will always remember, but it is ALWAYS a team win.

You be you though.
    I agree, except for the two interceptions of the Steelers defense, since the second interception cost 50 yards of field position for the steelers!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I agree, except for the two interceptions of the Steelers defense, since the second interception cost 50 yards of field position for the steelers!
    Seriously, with the receiver right there....what was he supposed to do to be safe?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Seriously, with the receiver right there....what was he supposed to do to be safe?
    Agreed. You always take the ball. Incredibly dumb for people to think you don't. Defense=take the ball away. Field position? Unless you're betting the over what the hell does that matter at that point.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Agreed. You always take the ball. Incredibly dumb for people to think you don't. Defense=take the ball away. Field position? Unless you're betting the over what the hell does that matter at that point.
    Especially at that point in the game and that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Well, he was open because they were focusing on Juju and Ebron. Future teams won’t be able to do that, so we should see more passes for Juju I think

Back to the thread . . .

Claypool is going to be a nightmare. Is he there yet? No. Several of those touchdowns were well-designed plays where he had to show average NFL receiver ability. But when he had to show more? he did. I'm excited about this kids future.

Here's the other thing I like. When you think about the vertical ability of both Claypool and Washington, you can't help but salivate. End zone? throw the ball away? Yeah, maybe. But Ben can also throw it just low enough that those two can try to get a hand on it.
    Watch the vertical for both athletes. When was the last time we had this?
    (watch starting at :36)

start at :32

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Catch it, drop to the ground and let the ball hit the ground.
    There was no chance of that because the receiver was still grabbing at the ball. He had to be pulled off of Nelson. Watch the replay if there is one.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

You can go to the ground and let the ball hit the ground without completely losing it to the opposing player. I understand wanting to secure the football. But I do not think it was as close as you're making it out to be.

EDIT: But, either way, it's not a big deal. This is the Chase Claypool thread, and that kid deserves his accolades today!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You can go to the ground and let the ball hit the ground without completely losing it to the opposing player. I understand wanting to secure the football. But I do not think it was as close as you're making it out to be.

EDIT: But, either way, it's not a big deal. This is the Chase Claypool thread, and that kid deserves his accolades today!
    Agreed, and my bad because I usually get after people for going off topic.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    There was no chance of that because the receiver was still grabbing at the ball. He had to be pulled off of Nelson. Watch the replay if there is one.
    Sorry to stay off topic for a response here, but the only reason the receiver was on top of him or trying to pull it free at the end was BECAUSE Nelson caught it. The receiver had no play on the actual ball if Nelson shuts lets it fall or swats it away. The overthrown ball was totally uncatchable for the WR. This is a second reason Nelson shouldn’t have caught it that I didn’t even think of at first. There was an actual chance for the receiver to wrestle the ball away or make Nelson fumble it that simply wouldn’t have existed on a batted or dropped ball.

And the field position ended up not making a difference, but imagine a fumble on the Steelers possession. There was over 3 minutes on the clock. It was not kneel down time. A quick Eagles TD and suddenly they are a FG from victory with time outs and the two minute warning. Totally conceivable. I’ve seen much stranger things happen.

The alternative is Nelson lets it drop and the Steelers have it in FG range. Stuff like this can matter and smart football players know the situation before the play starts and know exactly what they’ll do in that situation. And catching it was NOT the safe play. It was the riskier play.

So yeah, Claypool is awesome! Love the kid!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is it just me or does Chase make Juju look pedestrian?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Through 4 weeks or so of games and Claypool is separating himself from the other "big body" WR in the draft class. I guess Pittman Jr. gets a pass because he got hurt and, honestly, Rivers and company look not good. But Claypool has put up better results than Edwards with the Raiders, Gandy-Golden with the WFT, and Shenault with the Jags.

I was not a fan of the pick on draft day. Nor did I truly hate it. I just bought into some of what I say in the pre-draft rankings and scouting reports that painted Claypool as a totally different player than the one who has shown up in Pittsburgh. I freely acknowledge that there was plenty of information out there that indicated that I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was and am.

It will be interesting to track the careers of the guys in this draft class that fit that "super sized" wideout label. There were several of them. Could add the guys that are just a few inches shorter to the list above as well. Like Peoples-Jones and Aiyuk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Is just teams loading up to stop Juju and making guys like Claypool and Washington beat them? I think Juju can be and is an effective WR and I hope that it is just that there are so many weapons in this offense that there simply are not enough footballs to go around right now.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Is it me or does he seem quicker than what his college tape showed?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

D. Johnson getting hurt has opened the door for this kid and he BARRELED through it. He is going to be a stud. Him and Metcalf in Seattle are the future NFL star receivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It's not just you, but it's a NICE problem to have.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

There are also little mental things that impress me about Claypool. I forgot which game it was, but he was thrown an uncatchable pass and he was interfered with a little, so he really sold it and fell to make sure the ref threw the flag, even though the interference wasn’t the reason he couldn’t catch it.

It was a little thing, but definitely a heads up move in a split second decision to extend the drive.