Thread: 2020 Players to watch this college season.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

2020 Players to watch this college season.

Starting a watch-list thread.

This is the 2nd week of watching Arkansas State Red Wolves play and 2 players have stood out both weeks and are worth keeping an eye on this season.

1. Jr WR Jonathan Adams, 6’3”-220
    2. Sr DL Forrest Merrill, 6’1”-338

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: 2020 Players to watch this college season.

Jonathan Adams: High School footage but look at the catch radius and foot speed. Again, 6'3" and 220lbs.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4739816...d8b70828e8501d

AND he returns punts.

Asante Samuels Jr with 2 INTs in the first half vs GaTech.

Sean Dykes, TE University of Memphis vs Ark State: 10 rec, 137yards, 2TDs. 6'2"-224lbs.

Sean Dykes highlights vs A-State: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy0KsYyTdLA

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Asante Samuels Jr with 2 INTs in the first half vs GaTech.
    With Haden aging and Hilton and Sutton being free agents, cornerback could be an option early.

Samuels Jr is someone to watch. If he declares he checks all the boxes of a Steeler. Underclassman, NFL bloodline.
    "I like football. I like football season and all the things that go with it." -Bill Belichick.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Zach Wilson, QB from BYU.

Fast rising prospect. He could be in the conversation behind Lawrence as the draft top QB's.
    "I like football. I like football season and all the things that go with it." -Bill Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    With Haden aging and Hilton and Sutton being free agents, cornerback could be an option early.

Samuels Jr is someone to watch. If he declares he checks all the boxes of a Steeler. Underclassman, NFL bloodline.
    Add Jaycee Horn to this list. He checks the same boxes. Underclassman, NFL bloodlines(son of 4x pro bowler, Joe Horn).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Plays at a P5 school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Starting a watch-list thread.

This is the 2nd week of watching Arkansas State Red Wolves play and 2 players have stood out both weeks and are worth keeping an eye on this season.

1. Jr WR Jonathan Adams, 6’3”-220
    2. Sr DL Forrest Merrill, 6’1”-338
    Jonathan Adams after 6 games so far in 2020:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jonathan-adams-jr-1.html

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not necessarily one to watch but couple nice plays by Joey Porter Jr. today.

Bama Sr. Najee Harris(of course) 6'2"-220. Will be around 700 total carries for his college career. Watching this guy reminds me a lot of James conner. I think a deal gets done with Conner, and Snell is going to be on roster probably through his rookie contract. But I could see Harris fitting in on the Steelers as a Conner's power meets Bell's receiving year 1(Shaun Alexander?). I'm still very much in Conner's corner but the injuries have me a little concerned how long he will last in the league. I don't think we have seen the best Snell has to offer running the ball but I'm not sure he will get much better as a receiver/pass protector. I really liked Harris last draft but he decided to remain for his senior year. He's not a Henry clone but he's big. Not a Mark Ingram but he has power. Not a Lev Bell but he's a competent receiver.