Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Dobbs is back!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Josh Dobbs is back!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Josh Dobbs is back!

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh, ok

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Remember how Colbert is an idiot though...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What IS a bit humorous is Dobbs moves Duck and Lynch both off the roster. Still talking about 3rd string QB?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What IS a bit humorous is Dobbs moves Duck and Lynch both off the roster. Still talking about 3rd string QB?
    It will be more humorous in the next 24 hours when we will be talking about the practice squad QB. Just wait for it.

- - - Updated - - -

...and actually Hodges moved Lynch off the roster. Dobbs is just moving Duck off the roster.

Say what you want about the importance of the 3rd QB but Ben missed 3 or more games in a season in 2005,2010,2012,2015 and 2019 and each of his seasons our 3rd QB played at least 2 games and won at least 1 game in his 5 seasons.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Superbowl!

Do you agree with Rod?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Do you agree with Rod?

Rod may be on to something.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Rod may be on to something.
    I agree with him. MR always has the deer in the headlights look to him. At least Duck brought a little moxie with him, as well as some mobility.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If Hodges clears waivers and signs with the Steelers, it will be a pretty clear indication of how he is valued around the NFL. If he either gets claimed or is able to choose between multiple offers, then I will re-evaluate him. Until then, he is just another not very good QB floating around the bottom of the league. One or two draft picks away from moving on to his next career.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Josh Dobbs got cut originally because his short-ranged accuracy blew. He does make a good #3 though.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If Hodges clears waivers and signs with the Steelers, it will be a pretty clear indication of how he is valued around the NFL. If he either gets claimed or is able to choose between multiple offers, then I will re-evaluate him. Until then, he is just another not very good QB floating around the bottom of the league. One or two draft picks away from moving on to his next career.
    We know he is no Lynch or Rosen and not in their league. Guess we shall see soon if he gets pick up.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    We know he is no Lynch or Rosen and not in their league. Guess we shall see soon if he gets pick up.
    Lynch? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Josh Dobbs got cut originally because his short-ranged accuracy blew. He does make a good #3 though.
    Steelers never cut him
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    He'll (Duck) probably end up in The Rock's XFL

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He'll (Duck) probably end up in The Rock's XFL
    That would actually be pretty cool and probably the best career move for Duck. IF Duck had a better game from a physical ability standpoint he would be my favorite for Ben's backup. He has the understanding of the game(better than Lynch), the 'moxie' to extend plays and try to make things happen(better than Rudolph). He's just not as physically gifted as a guy like Dobbs to pull it off at this level. Purely based on what I witnessed from him last season but he's a 'Flutie', IMO. You love the effort and everything about his 'want to'. You love having guys like him around.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I like Duck but he just doesn't have NFL athleticism. We saw his ceiling last year and it was very limited. Rudolph showed the ability to make NFL throws

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

They traded him. He wasn't cut.

Yeah he's basically Tim Tebow without the 26 inch pythons lol

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Thought it was a good idea to trade him at the time. I think its a good signing to get him back now. As has been said he is a 3 rd string player. What can you reasonably expect from your 3rd QB? You just have to hope he brings something. Duck did. He brought a hyper confident, take no prisoners, attitude that worked for a couple games. It's run out. Dobbs? Could he win a game with his athletic ability? Maybe with a great defensive game. That's all you can expect if your down to your 3rd QB.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

That would actually be pretty cool and probably the best career move for Duck. IF Duck had a better game from a physical ability standpoint he would be my favorite for Ben's backup. He has the understanding of the game(better than Lynch), the 'moxie' to extend plays and try to make things happen(better than Rudolph). He's just not as physically gifted as a guy like Dobbs to pull it off at this level. Purely based on what I witnessed from him last season but he's a 'Flutie', IMO. You love the effort and everything about his 'want to'. You love having guys like him around.
    That's a fair statement about Duck and kinda how I feel. To bad we can't transport Ducks brain into Masons body lol.

Cool just seen Duck is on the practice squad.

I know people hate on Dobbs, but I truly believe if he were on the team last year, we'd have made the playoffs. Not because Dobbs is the be-all-end-all, but because I think he brings more to the table as a total package than Mason or Duck. The question is whether he can finally put it together and make it happen on the field. Right now, the arrow has to be pointing down, but we'll see.

I'm pretty confident that he's one of the best third string QBs in the league.

(And, I'm very happy to see Duck on the practice squad).

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Cool just seen Duck is on the practice squad.
    Yup, anybody know where Paxton Lynch ended up?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yup, anybody know where Paxton Lynch ended up?
    I believe he is a street free agent , and likely will remain so, I think he has cashed his last NFL paycheck
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now