Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roster CUT for the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Roster CUT for the Steelers

I'm crazy to think that a HOF QB makes a big difference, especially if he is healthy ...

If he is healthy and when the rust will gone, our offense should be fine.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Oops, went against the narrative and the natives are pissed again. Ben is the bestest best QB in the world and will save the Steelers season in 2020.

We have people on here with expectations that the Offense this season will be Top 10 this season. Optimism is good I guess.

I believe subpar everything was the problem Steelers Offense last season, but it doesn't matter. It's all okay. Ben is back and will fix everything. That's the narrative. It was my mistake for questioning it.

You've been questioning "it" for many years now. Eventually, you might be right......but it only means you've been wrong for a decade.

Waiting for Big Ben to physically decay isn't an argument. We all know he's very close to the end of his career. You have been knocking him for many years. When you say that he wouldn't be an improvement over Duck and Reindeer Games, you expose yourself as a hater and a fraud. Nobody is buying your bullshit.

You keep chopping that wood though...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Oops, went against the narrative and the natives are pissed again. Ben is the bestest best QB in the world and will save the Steelers season in 2020.

We have people on here with expectations that the Offense this season will be Top 10 this season. Optimism is good I guess.

I believe subpar everything was the problem Steelers Offense last season, but it doesn't matter. It's all okay. Ben is back and will fix everything. That's the narrative. It was my mistake for questioning it.
    For me it's not about a narrative so much as experience with and without Ben. To say Ben will not make a HUGE impact is just negative and foolish.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You've been questioning "it" for many years now. Eventually, you might be right......but it only means you've been wrong for a decade.

Waiting for Big Ben to physically decay isn't an argument. We all know he's very close to the end of his career. You have been knocking him for many years. When you say that he wouldn't be an improvement over Duck and Reindeer Games, you expose yourself as a hater and a fraud. Nobody is buying your bullshit.

You keep chopping that wood though...

Yeah, I can understand those who doubt Roethlisberger after his injury .... Even me I'm not 100% convinced that he will return to the level of the 2017 season, which I want ... But to say that he wouldn't have made a difference between Ben and a QB who was an undrafted rookie for 6 start and a QB who was benched to this undrafted rookie, it's really being a true hater.

No need to go after the 2 extremes!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

How about this
    -The Steelers offensive struggles had to do with more than just QB struggles. There was blame to go all over the offense.
    -It is unclear if Ben will return to form at age 38 coming off an injury
    -If Ben does return to form the offense will OBVIOUSLY be better and Ben will OBVIOUSLY make the offense better (OBVIOUSLY)

All three can be right