Thread: Is Mitch Trubisky as bad as advertised?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Is Mitch Trubisky as bad as advertised?

https://www.nfl.com/players/mitchell-trubisky/stats/

PFF ranks the Bears' OL 25th with an average pressure allowed time of 2.37 secs which ranked 29th overall. Tied with the Dolphins for most sacks allowed at 58 as well.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Is Mitch Trubisky as bad as advertised?

Maybe he's not bad as others think (I don't know) but his biggest problem is that he was drafted 2nd overall in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson after that ... just an all-time bad decision no matter what, especially since the bears haven't had a HOF caliber QB since the 1940s!

And this is possible that he is the starter in week 1 and in the games that I saw by him in 2018, he was very innaccurate

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Napoleon Dynamite will end up starting...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Maybe he's not bad as others think (I don't know) but his biggest problem is that he was drafted 2nd overall in a draft that had Mahomes and Watson after that ... just an all-time bad decision no matter what, especially since the bears haven't had a HOF caliber QB since the 1940s!

And this is possible that he is the starter in week 1 and in the games that I saw by him in 2018, he was very innaccurate
    I don't get to see many Bears games. So I have no idea. Just looking at stats and need some context to put with them.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't get to see many Bears games. So I have no idea. Just looking at stats and need some context to put with them.
    From the one Bears game I watch a season, Trubisky hasn't been surrounded by a lot. But it wouldn't matter. He's horribly inaccurate. Like, no idea where he was even trying to throw to bad. He seems to have no ability to read a defense or make adjustments. He's athletic as all get out. He seems pretty gritty and all that. But he just doesn't have the ability to consistently execute the basics.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

[QUOTE=SteelMember;738148]Napoleon Dynamite will end up starting...[/QUOT

Bears should call Uncle Rico.

Uncle Rico > Da Bisky

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    From the one Bears game I watch a season, Trubisky hasn't been surrounded by a lot. But it wouldn't matter. He's horribly inaccurate. Like, no idea where he was even trying to throw to bad. He seems to have no ability to read a defense or make adjustments. He's athletic as all get out. He seems pretty gritty and all that. But he just doesn't have the ability to consistently execute the basics.
    And this is the curious part to me. He has a 63% career completion percentage on average 7 yards per throw. This is with a horrible OL according to the rankings. If given just a second more than his average 2.37secs before having to get rid of the ball or take a sack, is he so inaccurate it wouldn't matter? Or is there something there better protection could help develop? There really isn't enough college tape on him to show development, nor have the Bears really given him much to work with. Not arguing he's better than he looks, just that the numbers point to a guy that could be successful in the right system. I don't know, probably not even worthy of discussion.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So apparently the Super Bowl MVP is worse? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So apparently the Super Bowl MVP is worse? Lol.
    Foles is at his best when he is the backup and he has nothing to lose when he plays...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Foles is at his best when he is the backup and he has nothing to lose when he plays...
    He’s always been that way and would’ve been an excellent guy to sign as Ben’s backup back before he went to KC and then again before he went back to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s always been that way and would’ve been an excellent guy to sign as Ben’s backup back before he went to KC and then again before he went back to Philly.
    Yes, but Roethlisberger was healthy for the most part during Foles' contract with the chiefs and eagles (2016 to 2018), so it wouldn't have had an impact

Ben only missed one game because of an injury from 2016 to 2018 .... Also I don't think the steelers could give the same contract as the eagles to Foles

Yes, but Roethlisberger was healthy for the most part during Foles' contract with the chiefs and eagles (2016 to 2018), so it wouldn't have had an impact

Ben only missed one game because of an injury from 2016 to 2018 .... Also I don't think the steelers could give the same contract as the eagles to Foles
    I think he only signed for $11M or something like that for two years maybe? But the guarantee, if I remember, was only about $3-$4M/year.

Didn’t need him to have an impact, just a quality back up to have and who knows...he could still be here today with a couple extensions? Would’ve been nice to have him last year...

Trubisky beating out Foles. Or at least on par with him through training camp. Bears need to build the run game to help a QB out. Only 1458 yards with 8TDs in 2019. That is very similar to the injury plagued Steelers numbers.