Thread: The Ravens are planning to release or trade star S Earl Thomas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Ravens are planning to release or trade star S Earl Thomas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The Ravens are planning to release or trade star S Earl Thomas

It appears to be official: https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/12...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I can't see how the Ravens win Thomas' inevitable appeal for his money. I mean a camp fight? That happens all the time...

This is going to get messy because the Ravens will almost certainly have to drag Thomas through the mud to win their claim that they don't owe him anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It appears to be official: https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/12...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I can't see how the Ravens win Thomas' inevitable appeal for his money. I mean a camp fight? That happens all the time...

This is going to get messy because the Ravens will almost certainly have to drag Thomas through the mud to win their claim that they don't owe him anything...
    I don't think that his fight was Thomas' only incident since he's been with the ravens, so we'll see.

And his fight was with a member of his unit, so it's very rare to see a fight with two members of the same unit.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I don't think that his fight was Thomas' only incident since he's been with the ravens, so we'll see.

And his fight was with a member of his unit, so it's very rare to see a fight with two members of the same unit.
    I just think, with nothing to back this up, that you can take away $10 million in guaranteed money for an argument at practice with no long term injuries.

Ravens can still cut him. That's their decision. But they better plan on that cap hit going to the full $25 million UNLESS they are willing and able to document a pattern of behavior. In doing so, they're going to be seen as trashing a players reputation.

Buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I just think, with nothing to back this up, that you can take away $10 million in guaranteed money for an argument at practice with no long term injuries.

Ravens can still cut him. That's their decision. But they better plan on that cap hit going to the full $25 million UNLESS they are willing and able to document a pattern of behavior. In doing so, they're going to be seen as trashing a players reputation.

Thomas is bound to have his share of supporters in that team so when they do drag his name, those players won’t be happy about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Yeah I get it and we'll see how it ends .... Maybe Thomas' incidents at the end with the seahawks and Pete Carroll will help the ravens on that...We will see.

And it's not the first time we've seen something like this .... The Raiders did the same with Antonio Brown last year, but it was even more obvious!

I am one of those who thinks that players who behave awfully deserve to be punished .... If me or you or other people who are not a millionaire behave horribly at the job, we would be fired and very quickly and it would be hard to find a good job after that .... I don't feel bad for Thomas, since in recent years, his behavior has not been good with the seahawks or now the ravens

But like you say, we'll see if the Ravens win, but I think they have a good case on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Thomas is bound to have his share of supporters in that team so when they do drag his name, those players won’t be happy about it...
    That would be my concern as a Ravens fan. Or the whole if you're gonna do a HOFer like that; what are they going to do to me? I'm going to sign elsewhere.

It all depends on what he did. If he just tried to get away with the nonsense and perks that star players typically do...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So that was fast...what happened to the “or trade” part?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Living in Texas now, I’m not as “up” on things as I was when I was a local. But it sounds as if the team leaders (meaning players) wanted Thomas out. So I think the worry of players getting butthurt when the dirty laundry gets aired is probably not a concern.

I think the vast majority of you will agree that, as a whole, the Baltimore Ravens are a well-run organization. As are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Neither team is going to let a Pro Bowler go without some real justification. Which tells me there is a lot more to this story than just a fight with Chuck Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Living in Texas now, I’m not as “up” on things as I was when I was a local. But it sounds as if the team leaders (meaning players) wanted Thomas out. So I think the worry of players getting butthurt when the dirty laundry gets aired is probably not a concern.

I think the vast majority of you will agree that, as a whole, the Baltimore Ravens are a well-run organization. As are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Neither team is going to let a Pro Bowler go without some real justification. Which tells me there is a lot more to this story than just a fight with Chuck Clark.
    I agree with all that. It all depends on what he did and if Thomas and his agent try to come for the 2020 guaranteed money. If they do, the Ravens are going to have offer up something more than a few missed meetings and a fight with a teammate.

When they do that, IF Thomas did some dirt, those same players that wanted him out are going to also want stuff to stay out of the papers...it could be a bad spot for the Ravens. OR it could all be easy and pain free if an arbiter hears the outlines of the grievance and tells Thomas and his agent to pound sand.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Somebody in Texas is chomping at the bit...

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

for vet minimum .....

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Same guy who flipped off his own team when he got injured because he felt it was a great injustice to play out the last year of his contract without an extension. It's no wonder he's a locker room cancer on his new team. Dude must have an ego as big as the sky.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The story was that Thomas was shopping deals on the visit/tryout circuit and was intended to go to Tennessee next/before deciding....so I'm guessing it is all on pause?

Titans make sense. They are "all in" with the signing of Clowney -- so Thomas makes sense?