Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp News around the NFL

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Training Camp News around the NFL

I’ve read in the NY Post that Bell’s already mouthing off that he’s not getting enough reps in practice.
    Could be he is the second best RB in Jets camp.
    Gore is still very good.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good riddance Le'Veon never took that $14 mil a year deal. Do people honestly still think they should trade actual draft capital to bring him back?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Good riddance Le'Veon never took that $14 mil a year deal. Do people honestly still think they should trade actual draft capital to bring him back?
    He quit on the steelers, even though the steelers had offered a generous contract (better than he got in the open market), so I'm never going to be interested in seeing Bell back.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gase was never a fan of Bell and he never wanted him on the team. Bell is by far a waaaaaaaay better back at this stage than Frank Gore. Now that Gase has a competent back, he’s going to bury Bell. And let’s not forget, Gase had some really good backs in Miami as well and refused to use them. He doesn’t know how to put backs in good positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Gase was never a fan of Bell and he never wanted him on the team. Bell is by far a waaaaaaaay better back at this stage than Frank Gore. Now that Gase has a competent back, he’s going to bury Bell. And let’s not forget, Gase had some really good backs in Miami as well and refused to use them. He doesn’t know how to put backs in good positions.
    No doubt, Gase is a terrible coach with a huge ego and his offenses, outside of his years with Peyton Manning have never been average ... Since he is an HC, it's even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Gase has got to be one of the worst coaches in the league right now. The reports I have seen indicated that his biggest problem with Bell is that he doesn't take the ball and hit the hole. Like, have you ever watched tape of the guy play before? Why would you want to change the running style of a successful back? Oh. Right. Because Gase is a moron.

He's just sticking with Gore because he plays to Gase's preset expectations. Honestly, and I am sure people are sick of it by now, but this is just another check mark in the "Tomlin coaches better than you think" list. Being able to adjust to the unique abilities or needs of your roster is (for me) WAY better than just running everyone through the same this is the way its always been done assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gase has got to be one of the worst coaches in the league right now. The reports I have seen indicated that his biggest problem with Bell is that he doesn't take the ball and hit the hole. Like, have you ever watched tape of the guy play before? Why would you want to change the running style of a successful back? Oh. Right. Because Gase is a moron.

He's just sticking with Gore because he plays to Gase's preset expectations. Honestly, and I am sure people are sick of it by now, but this is just another check mark in the "Tomlin coaches better than you think" list. Being able to adjust to the unique abilities or needs of your roster is (for me) WAY better than just running everyone through the same this is the way its always been done assembly line.
    Who is the worst HC for you in his 3?....Matt Patricia, Adam Gase or Bill O'Brien

3 coaches who are not good and they have a huge ego.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Who is the worst HC for you in his 3?....Matt Patricia, Adam Gase or Bill O'Brien

That is a hard one. Obrien is "better" than the other two because at least he can coach an offense to score points. Or at least allow Watson to keep pulling off miracles.

Patricia and Gase are in race to see who can be worse at their job. Every single noteworthy player that leaves the Lions runs immediately to a media microphone and just trashes Patricia. Gase is just out of his depth as a HC. I guess I will say Gase because he has won even less than Patricia

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Until proven otherwise, Gase is cemented firmly at the bottom of that group.

To think that he was pure garbage in Miami.....and he gets another gig immediately blows my mind.

Can somebody please start tweeting that I am an offensive guru, and will be one of the hottest commodities on the market this offseason? I can use a 5-year $40 million dollar deal if we can fool just one moron into hiring me.

New RB for the Jets...

Jets acquired RB Kalen Ballage from the Dolphins in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

Just ... why. Ballage is coming off one of the worst running back seasons in NFL history, but since Adam Gase coached him in Miami, he apparently had to have him in New York. Coach and executives' undying allegiance to players they either coached or drafted leads to many bad decisions. It's hard to see where Ballage could earn any work in the Jets' Le'Veon Bell/Frank Gore/Lamical Perine backfield. The conditional pick is likely contingent on Ballage making the 53-man roster, something we doubt happens.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...medium=twitter

Bell could be a backup this year with Adam Gase....

I believe Gase is doing everything for that Bell has an incident like Thomas in Baltimore for that after he can release Bell without paying its guarantee.

Bell must also realize right now that the organization of the steelers was much better, especially the head coach!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I believe Gase is doing everything for that Bell has an incident like Thomas in Baltimore for that after he can release Bell without paying its guarantee.

Bell must also realize right now that the organization of the steelers was much better, especially the head coach!
    I tend to agree with you that Gase is trying to pitch Bell mentally to snap. Bell takes a lot of heat from Steelers fans. Not all of it warranted. Guy wanted a big pay day (could’ve had it with Pittsburgh) but gambled and lost. He wasn’t a bad player, he wasn’t a bad locker room guy, he wasn’t a distraction until the contract holdout and the media made him one.

Gore looks like the more productive back because Gase is giving him the reps and putting him in situations that allow him. I hope Bell can keep his composure but it’s going to be hard to be a talent that Bell is and sit there letting an asshole like Gase try to fuck with you.

If Bell were to get cut, I’d like to see him return to Pittsburgh. If not, I’d like to see New England sign him so he can fuck the Jets and stick it right back to Gase twice a year.

Comment by Gase in the last december...

Another former steelers with the Jets...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Adam Gase may be a moron, but what Le'Veon is getting is a nice dose of karma. Watching his low class stunt backfire on him big time is a thing of beauty.

It would have been better for Bell (financially and for the rest of his career) if he would have asked for a trade in 2018 instead of lying ... He would have been hated, but at least he would not have lost financially and he probably would have been in a better team and better stats and for the steelers, they would move on from him as quickly as possible.

One of the biggest circus I've seen, but not the biggest, since Antonio Brown's circus was worse,especially at the beginning of this situation, the criticisms had been more enormous on Tomlin and Ben than on AB!

The steelers' locker room at this point was toxic and I'm glad the steelers have been drama free since at least 1 year

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

For that matter, of all the players who left the Steelers, is there anyone who had lasting success after that? Wallace, AB, Bell... only Emmanuel Sanders had success when he played with Peyton Manning in Denver.

Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Adam Gase may be a moron, but what Le'Veon is getting is a nice dose of karma. Watching his low class stunt backfire on him big time is a thing of beauty.
    It wasn’t a low class stunt. It was a gamble that he thought he could win and he lost.m and now it’s looking like he lost even bigger...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The Jacksonville Jaguars have decided to move on from Leonard Fournette.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Kay Adams is smoking hot.