Thread: Alex Smith has been activated off the PUP list.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Alex Smith has been activated off the PUP list.

Re: Alex Smith has been activated off the PUP list.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Wow.

Even if he only plays a few snap this year, he must be the comeback player of the year.

Only coming back to the game after what he's been through is a major accomplishment!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'll be very happy for him if he makes it all the way back to the field. I'm proud for him for what he has accomplished this far.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Makes the Redskins 100 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I do not know the medical terminology for it but since I broke my leg in 3 places ( complete breaks not cracks )I have something I call heavy leg , it doesn't lift as far naturally when walking it doesn't react the same as my other leg its almost as though the connection with the brain isnt quite the same ...I have fallen several times because of it , it seems so easy to get my feet tangled up in almost nothing and my leg doesn't react ( that is what causes the fall ) I know I have fallen at least once every hunting season since my accident by a simple twig .......

now my leg was not nearly as bad as his and his walking in that video reminded me of myself , the leg lacks the same coordination as his opposite leg ...its so clear to me ..

I do not believe he will ever play a meaningful down again , its not from a lack of effort but I just do not see him over coming this again mine wasnt nearly as bad but I am 6 years removed from it and still have very real issues

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294847236300517376
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 08-17-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I do not know the medical terminology for it but since I broke my leg in 3 places ( complete breaks not cracks )I have something I call heavy leg , it doesn't lift as far naturally when walking it doesn't react the same as my other leg its almost as though the connection with the brain isnt quite the same ...I have fallen several times because of it , it seems so easy to get my feet tangled up in almost nothing and my leg doesn't react ( that is what causes the fall ) I know I have fallen at least once every hunting season since my accident by a simple twig .......

now my leg was not nearly as bad as his and his walking in that video reminded me of myself , the leg lacks the same coordination as his opposite leg ...its so clear to me ..

I do not believe he will ever play a meaningful down again , its not from a lack of effort but I just do not see him over coming this again mine wasnt nearly as bad but I am 6 years removed from it and still have very real issues

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294847236300517376

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Even as is, Smith makes that team better over Haskins.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

A QB whose arm has always been questioned but has been mobile enough to extend plays or be a threat to take off for a first down. NOW take away his mobility? He may have just become 2019 Mason Rudolph. Good enough in a pinch but not reliable enough to count on. Drop Foot sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    . Drop Foot sucks.
    Depends on what caused it. I have it from shrapnel wounds that nicked my perineal nerve in enough places to paralyze it. They transplanted the nerve that turned my foot inward and I retrained it by thinking "turn the foot inward" and it would dorsiflex the foot. It didn't take long for it to become automatic. In Smith's case I didn't read anything about nerve damage.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Depends on what caused it. I have it from shrapnel wounds that nicked my perineal nerve in enough places to paralyze it. They transplanted the nerve that turned my foot inward and I retrained it by thinking "turn the foot inward" and it would dorsiflex the foot. It didn't take long for it to become automatic. In Smith's case I didn't read anything about nerve damage.
    Post #8 this thread.

Post #8 this thread.
    The requested page "/washington/washington-football/alex-smith-needs-brace-aid-movement-his-foot-his-physician" could not be found.
    Couldn't bring that page up this time. I read it before though. I didn't see anything about nerve damage. I'm not saying he doesn't have a drop foot, I'm asking how did he get it? Maybe it was nerve damage and I missed it. Then again, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Couldn't bring that page up this time. I read it before though. I didn't see anything about nerve damage. I'm not saying he doesn't have a drop foot, I'm asking how did he get it? Maybe it was nerve damage and I missed it. Then again, maybe not.
    That would be the way.

That would be the way.

Anyway, the guys got some balls.

That would be the way.
    Apparently not. It's due to muscle loss not nerve damage. Interesting video.