Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone who follows the Steelers is jealous of the cowboys front office!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Someone who follows the Steelers is jealous of the cowboys front office!!!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Someone who follows the Steelers is jealous of the cowboys front office!!!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

I get it ... but one must admit those are some pretty nice team friendly deals .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Is this the same team that falls short of expectations almost every year and has for the better part of a quarter century? Is this the same team that hired a retread from Green Bay who wasted most of Aaron Rodgers' prime and couldn't do anything without a franchise QB carrying the rest of the team?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I wonder if the Rooneys will start running around drunk with a bunch of whores?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I get it ... but one must admit those are some pretty nice team friendly deals .....
    I'm not saying that the cowboys didn't do a good job in the offseason, but to say that they would like our front office to do the same business that the cowboys, I say a big no in that.

And, I believe that Dupree is underrated by many steelers fans and it will not be easy for his replacement in 2021 to have a similar production that Dupree (I don't believe his 2019 season is a fluke and yes Watt helped him but it takes 2 very good edge rusher to have a very good defense.)

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Here is why this kind of comparison is just about worthless. Where would half those signings by the Cowboys play on the Steelers roster?

Are you sitting Heyward or Tuitt for Griffen? I wouldn't. Griffen isn't going to be play OLB at this point in his career. So he's a depth piece at $5 million per year.

Aldon Smith had one year where he demonstrated astounding talent. He's been drunk, suspended, or both since then. So, what's the point of wringing one's hands on a 31 year old might have been? Plus Smith has reportedly bulked up and is now more 4-3 DE than mobile OLB. So where does he play in Pittsburgh?

Clinton Dix costs $1 million more than Edmunds and just a bit over $2 million more than MF. Is he that much better than either of those guys? Would he come here and play a sub package role? I think the answer to both of those questions is "No".

McCoy is basically the same as Griffen. Are you going to sit Tuitt or Heyward? Would McCoy take small $$ to play a small role instead of starting?

That leaves Poe. Poe is the only player on the list who fills a role/need on the current Steelers roster. He is certainly better than Big Dan. I'm honestly not certain he's any better than Alualu at this point in their careers. And according to this information, the contract #'s in the original Tweet are wrong (shocking) and Poe is more expensive by $300K than Alualu this season (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-c...tari-poe-9821/ and https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...n-alualu-6519/).

So the Pittsburgh Steelers chose to pay a player who fit their defense $15 million rather than multiple players who do not fit their approach on defense, or are blocked from playing time by either better or cheaper players (in some cases both). So WTF is this dude's point? Other than to demonstrate, once again, Twitter is full of people with incorrect information and useless takes?

His article....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

His article....

That's even dumber. His argument is to replace an athletic 3-4 OLB with an older 4-3 DE and a guy who still isn't eligible to play in regular season NFL games.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Interesting how did they handle the Dak Prescott contract? Isn't he playing on a franchise tag? Imho I would rather have Bud on a tag than Prescott. Prescott hasn't done a Damn thing without Zeek

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Another "momma's basement-dweller" heard from...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

McCoy already out for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    McCoy already out for the year.
    Unlucky, but 2.5 millions wasted!

And Aldon Smith, his last nfl snap was in 2015!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So, how are these "great" free agent signings helping that worthless defense, Jerrah Skeletor Jones?

So, how are these "great" free agent signings helping that worthless defense, Jerrah Skeletor Jones?
    Lucky for them,the Falcons and maybe the Browns later can choke like crazy...and they are in the NFC east.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Clearly the Cowboys know how to assemble a defense.

Has any team ever given up this many points through 4 games? I’m guessing the Cowboys in some rarified air with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Clearly the Cowboys know how to assemble a defense.

Has any team ever given up this many points through 4 games? I’m guessing the Cowboys in some rarified air with this.
    They have some competition with the Current Falcons team!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

They have some competition with the Current Falcons team!
    That’s true, but the Falcons will have to give up almost 40 points this week to keep pace.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    That’s true, but the Falcons will have to give up almost 40 points this week to keep pace.
    This is very possible since this is against Green Bay!

- - - Updated - - -

This one is bad!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So, tell me more about how great dem Cowboys supposedly are.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Aldon Smith has certainly paid dividends

even as good as Ben has been for such a long layoff as of right now Aldon Smith is the come back player of the year winner ... perhaps the lone bright spot on that Cowboys defense
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Is this the same team that falls short of expectations almost every year and has for the better part of a quarter century? Is this the same team that hired a retread from Green Bay who wasted most of Aaron Rodgers' prime and couldn't do anything without a franchise QB carrying the rest of the team?
    Rodgers has also played like pure shit in a few of those playoff runs.
    take the glasses off

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Aldon Smith has certainly paid dividends

even as good as Ben has been for such a long layoff as of right now Aldon Smith is the come back player of the year winner ... perhaps the lone bright spot on that Cowboys defense
    3 of the 4 sacks of Smith was in the same game and he don't had a lot of pressure according to the advanced stats...He is not bad but the real competition for Ben for the comeback player of the year is Cam Newton

3 of the 4 sacks of Smith was in the same game and he don't had a lot of pressure according to the advanced stats...He is not bad but the real competition for Ben for the comeback player of the year is Cam Newton
    Yeah, now Cam gets to comeback twice in one year. Lol

If they end up finding out that Cam got Covid from some unsafe activity, then he shouldn’t be eligible for any award.

The New York Giants had only under 12 PPG before this game.Against the Cowboys,this is 34 points.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

This thread becomes more laughable with each passing week...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This thread becomes more laughable with each passing week...
    absolutely!

As I said in the other thread. Mike McCarthy and Mike Nolan brought to you the great work of the 2005 49ers.

Thank god Skeletor Jerrah is still in charge so I can laugh at all the "We Dem Boyz" statements

As I said in the other thread. Mike McCarthy and Mike Nolan brought to you the great work of the 2005 49ers.

Thank god Skeletor Jerrah is still in charge so I can laugh at all the "We Dem Boyz" statements
    Imagine Tomlin saying this after losing by 28 points....