Thread: Jaylen Samuels might not make the roster?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jaylen Samuels might not make the roster?

According to Ed Bouchette

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Jaylen Samuels might not make the roster?

I prefer Whyte, and the fact they drafted a RB hurts his roster chances also. If Samuels makes the roster then fine, to me he's just an ok player with nothing really great about him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

They are clearly intent on bringing in some competition for Samuels.

Ebron, Whyte, Smallwood, and the RB from Maryland all COULD be used to do things that Samuels has either been asked to do or was envisioned as doing in the offense.

Samuels may just be a guy without a position in the NFL. He doesn't seem to be a great runner. He appears to not have the quickness and movement skills to be a mismatch out of the backfield in the passing game consistently. He is too small to be a TE and he doesn't block all that well. I guess he fits as some hybrid "h-back" type of role...but that does not appear to exist in this offense...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He is like a better Mewelde Moore, good in spots but still seems destined to be a role player. It would be too bad to see him go, but I don't think it would kill us.

On the other hand, for a guy on low-paying rookie contact, he is a decent NFL player, and it seems unlikely we'd find someone better for that amount. I'd be in favor of keeping him until his contract runs out as a solid depth player.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Whyte seems to, at the very least, be able to return kicks...which may be more than what Samuels has offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Whyte seems to, at the very least, be able to return kicks...which may be more than what Samuels has offered.
    same for Smallwood