Thread: Players would 'run through a brick wall' for Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Players would 'run through a brick wall' for Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Players would 'run through a brick wall' for Tomlin

Amazing what an unexpectedly competitive season will do for a guy's reputation.

People all across the media and the internet were shoveling dirt on Tomlin's grave a year ago.

Now it is all puff pieces about leadership and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

People all across the media and the internet were shoveling dirt on Tomlin's grave a year ago.

This article is about some steelers players say about Tomlin but yes, the reputations of coaches or players can change very quickly, whether this is for the NFL, NBA or other sports .... That's life!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to look in the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins.....

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

It's funny because my friends or coworkers who are NOT Steeler fans wish that Tomlin coached their team. They love the guy.

Then my friends who are Steeler fans (majority not all) don't like him or bitch the moment something bad happens lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's funny because my friends or coworkers who are NOT Steeler fans wish that Tomlin coached their team. They love the guy.

Then my friends who are Steeler fans (majority not all) don't like him or bitch the moment something bad happens lol
    Nailed it!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Don't need anybody to run thru a brick wall, just win championships.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Tomlin’s “weaknesses” as a coach would never include getting players to play hard...motivating them...inspiring them...that’s his best attribute as a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Mike Tomlin’s “weaknesses” as a coach would never include getting players to play hard...motivating them...inspiring them...that’s his best attribute as a head coach.
    And the steelers under Tomlin have always been great when they have adversity and they are able to stay competitive even if sometimes their roster is depleted by injuries or other things ... He deserves a lot of credit on that.I mean, in his career Tomlin is 17-14 without Ben and this is despite that often we had no offense without Ben.

A lot, including me initially gave Tomlin a lot of blame for Antonio Brown's situation, but after what happened with the raiders we were very wrong and I'm an idiot for that.

Tomlin is for me in the same tier as John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Sean Payton ... They all have weaknesses and low moments in their career but in general they have been great and they have all won over 60% of their game in their careers with their current team .... They've been Head coach with their current team for at least 10 years and I don't think his 4 coaches will be fired by their team one day

We also have to admit that in our lifetime we don't know what a bad head coach is, since before Tomlin, it was Noll and Cowher, 2 HOF head coach...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And the steelers under Tomlin have always been great when they have adversity and they are able to stay competitive even if sometimes their roster is depleted by injuries or other things ... He deserves a lot of credit on that.I mean, in his career Tomlin is 17-14 without Ben and this is despite that often we had no offense without Ben.

A lot, including me initially gave Tomlin a lot of blame for Antonio Brown's situation, but after what happened with the raiders we were very wrong and I'm an idiot for that.

Tomlin is for me in the same tier as John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Sean Payton ... They all have weaknesses and low moments in their career but in general they have been great and they have all won over 60% of their game in their careers with their current team .... They've been Head coach with their current team for at least 10 years and I don't think his 4 coaches will be fired by their team one day

We also have to admit that in our lifetime we don't know what a bad head coach is, since before Tomlin, it was Noll and Cowher, 2 HOF head coach...
    Bu bu but Tomlin has a losing record versus Harbaugh, Carroll and Shanahan since 2011... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

IF Tomlin were not a good coach...players would not respect him as a coach...and therefore would not "run through a brick wall" for him. Just based on a NFL coach that has coached the same team for over a decade and NEVER had a losing season makes him a VERY good coach. Add in what this team was able to accomplish just last season with all of the injury controversy, following all the recent AB/Bell/Harrison controversy, just keeping this team focused week to week and then falling only 1 game short of the playoffs....THAT was GREAT coaching. Mike Tomlin will be a 3rd HoF HC of the Steelers when he retires.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Tomlin is simply short a super bowl or two more to get the spoiled Steeler's fans onboard. That's just how it is -- the bar is extremely high in our organization, and Tomlin can be a good, or even great coach, and he just won't get credit without the trophy.

My take is that he is probably our best chance to get another one anytime soon, and the people who like to pick him apart ignore that fact.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

That's the culture we live in where everybody has a voice of social media. Which in and of itself is a good thing. The problem is everybody thinking that opinion is important.

As for the players willingness to run through a brick wall for Tomlin, while I am not surprised by that, it should be pointed out that Tomlin inherited that brick wall from Bill Cowher. I don't believe Tomlin knows how to properly evaluate brick walls.