Thread: “To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, it’s disrespectful.” - Bart Scott

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

“To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, it’s disrespectful.” - Bart Scott

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, its disrespectful. - Bart Scott

Says a former Raven

Re: To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, its disrespectful. - Bart Scott

Bart Scott was with the Ravens in 2008...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Its always weird to me that people compare Ed Reeds INTs with Troys. That would be like comparing the rushing yards for Barry Sanders versus Randy Moss.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: “To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, it’s disrespectful.” - Bart Scott

Bart Scott has always been a guy to try to make a controversial comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Bart Scott loves saying things that bring attention to Bart Scott. He also loves saying things that piss people off. It's what he does.

For Bart Scott to say that comparing Troy to Ed Reed is disrespectful is one of the dumbest things I have heard from a football player that should know better.

Saying that Troy didn't have the ball skills to play deep is incorrect, and disrespectful.

To say that Reed would get his ass kicked playing as close to the line of scrimmage as Troy did is much more a factual reality. Reed got brutalized playing against a certain WR for the Steelers to the point he was crying like a little bitch about it for the rest of his career. What would he do playing with the big boys like Troy did? I can answer that for you......Not much.

I feel bad about making comments like that about Reed, because he is an undeniably great player. I am really not trying to diminish what Reed did. I am simply pointing out what anybody with real football knowledge would know when looking at Troy's career. Bart Scott the Loudmouth Ass Clown strikes again.

The fact that this jackass knows football, and knows that Troy would line up at the LOS and then after the snap race back to defend the back end of the defense at times...and criticize his ability to play deep is near criminal.

Dickheads like this piss me off.

A few years from now when his act gets even older, and nobody.....and I mean nobody......would know he ever played football if it weren't for him opening his big mouth with the "Can't wait!" line he used when he was asked about playing the Steelers in the playoffs the following week and then getting sent home with his tail between his legs when they got slapped down by the Steelers.

What a douchebag.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: “To mention Troy Polamalu in the same breath as Ed Reed? To me, it’s disrespectful.” - Bart Scott

Bart who? Oh yeah that clown who is only known for saying can't wait before his team was beat by the Steelers in the playoffs. Sour grapes from a guy who was foolishly given an opportunity to further cement himself as a clown.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Right Bart WHO? Consider the source and, he always talked crap about every Steeler. If you can't see how great Troy was then you must be blind!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I legit can't understand the amount of disrespect Troy receives. He is an all-time great who helped transcend the strong safety position and did things no one else could ever do yet there seems to be a vocal contingent of "experts" who want to keep him a rung below because he didn't play the position the way they wanted. Same idiotic thinking that to him being left out of the top 100 team

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

bart scott just mad cause he always got his ass beat by us lol

i couldn't hear anything he said except for hate hate hate hate hate

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I legit can't understand the amount of disrespect Troy receives. He is an all-time great who helped transcend the strong safety position and did things no one else could ever do yet there seems to be a vocal contingent of "experts" who want to keep him a rung below because he didn't play the position the way they wanted. Same idiotic thinking that to him being left out of the top 100 team
    Heck, there was a vocal contingent of Steelers fans who consistently criticized him for missing too many tackles, gambling to make plays, and being injury prone. Now imagine these "experts" who don't watch all the games and are paid to come up with controversial talking points...

Vince Williams is 100% right when he said comparing Reed and Troy is like comparing an ILB to an OLB, like Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor.

Even though Troy and Reed were a safety, they had two different roles, so we can't compare his two players .... The thing we can say, they were 2 all-time great safety.Bart Scott is a moron.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I’ve said this before (hopefully for the last time lol). I loathed Polomalu as a Steeler...because he was that good. Which was difficult as he seems to be a genuinely good man. Anyone who denies that he does not belong in the upper echelon of NFL HOF safeties is a simpleton...at best. Or they never watched the man play football.

Bart Scott did. He was a Raven. He’s also an idiot if he truly believes that.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I’ve said this before (hopefully for the last time lol). I loathed Polomalu as a Steeler...because he was that good. Which was difficult as he seems to be a genuinely good man. Anyone who denies that he does not belong in the upper echelon of NFL HOF safeties is a simpleton...at best. Or they never watched the man play football.

Bart Scott did. He was a Raven. He’s also an idiot if he truly believes that.

Exactly. Well said CROW.

It would be equally outrageous to somehow argue that Reed wasn't a great player, or that it is insulting to put him in the same league as Polamalu. Anyone that would make that argument doesn't know a thing about football, or has an agenda.

Their greatness is undeniable. Both are amongst a small group of players that are the greatest to ever do it at their respective positions. To think otherwise is pure stupidity.

I hated Reed because he played for the Ravens, but I was in awe of the way he played the game. Watching those two on the same field was incredible.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Exactly. Well said CROW.

It would be equally outrageous to somehow argue that Reed wasn't a great player, or that it is insulting to put him in the same league as Polamalu. Anyone that would make that argument doesn't know a thing about football, or has an agenda.

Their greatness is undeniable. Both are amongst a small group of players that are the greatest to ever do it at their respective positions. To think otherwise is pure stupidity.

I hated Reed because he played for the Ravens, but I was in awe of the way he played the game. Watching those two on the same field was incredible.
    I always thought Ward and Derek Allen fell into a similar conversation. I hated that dude, but if hed come over in a FA signuphell yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It feels a bit disrespectful to me to mention Bart Scott in the same breath as Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed. I listened to Bart Scott on the radio this past week and he talked about the return of Ben. He editorialized his entire report. He had no idea what surgery Ben actually had, called it TJ surgery 3 times. I had read the report from Ben that it wasn't TJ surgery but the 3 tendon repairs just the day before. And it's not even my JOB to keep up with it. The host corrected him the first 2 times but then just let it go. Bart Scott is a click bait whore. He's going to say inflammatory things, and things he knows are incorrect but just close enough to true to be overlooked as bad reporting by most others in the media. TP43 is the hot button that gets fans clicking away when you talk about him, especially when in a negative way. This was a compliment to Ed Reed to get Ravens fans clicking on a fluff piece about their 'hero', while at the same time a back-handed insult to Troy Polamalu to get Steelers fans clicking in outrage. The brilliance is it worked.

Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu will always be compared to each other because of the way both played the game. Both were incredibly instinctual players. Both made offenses focus on where they were and try to guess what they were up to and thinking on every snap. Both had a knack for being at just the right spot at just the right time in clutch situations. As a tandem they probably would have been terrible together. But they are both deserved HoF players and both will be impossible to replace, IMO.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Ouch!

But...the truth hurts!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Thats a great segment. I could have done without the endorsements, but how cool is it that two of the greatest players to ever play their positions, have a mutual admiration society.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wonder if Peazy and Stabby Ray do something similar