Thread: Steelers cut eight, put Jaylen Samuels and James Washington on COVID list

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers cut eight, put Jaylen Samuels and James Washington on COVID list

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Steelers cut eight, put Jaylen Samuels and James Washington on COVID list

James Washington and Jaylen Samuels were added to the reserve/covid list by the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, becoming the third and fourth players to be placed on the list since training camp began July 28.
    The Steelers also waived eight players: quarterback J.T. Barrett, running back Ralph Webb, wide receiver Quadree Henderson, offensive lineman Christian Montano, linebackers Christian Kuntz and Dewayne Hendrix, safety Tyree Kinnel and defensive end Josiah Coatney.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...aive-8-others/
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It is disappointing there was someone named Christian Kuntz on the team and I didn't find out about it until he was cut. I guess the term will still have to be reserved for the Jehovah's Witnesses that come around every month or two.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Josiah Coatney was the Steelers highest paid UDFA I believe, interesting that he was cut.

Really unfortunate those players won't get an opportunity to make the team, or practice squad.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I get the sense that teams are gonna play fast and loose with the 'COVID list' in the same way that Belichick used to monkey-hammer the injury report. It's just going to be another way to use creative accounting to maintain a 53-man roster.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Washington is back...