Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,629

    2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Even though the season is up in the air, I still am making this prediction if there is a season

    Week 1 @ Giants: I project the Giants to once again be one of the worst teams in the league, so naturally in typical Tomlin fashion, the teams struggles mightily. The offense has issues gelling but the defense keeps them in the game. In OT, the offense is finally able to put together a solid drive for the win. Steelers win 19-13 (OT). 1-0

    Week 2 vs Broncos: The offense again has it's struggles but the defense is lights out making play after play against the Broncos. Ben does manage to make enough plays to make this not close. Steelers win 24-3. 2-0

    Week 3 vs Texans: The offense breaks out. Ben has 3 TDs 0 INTs. The D dominates again. Bill O Brien once again folds in a big game. This one is a laugher. Poor DeShaun Watson. Steelers win 35-6. 3-0.

    Week 4 @ Titans: All of the elements of the Titans late season run bite Pittsburgh in the butt in an ugly game. Derrick Henry tops 100 yards pounding the rock, the Titans defense is steady as Vrabel coaches circles around Fichtner and Tannehill even gets a long ball. Steelers lose 31-10. 3-1

    Week 5 vs Eagles: Ben is able to make some big plays and put up some points but Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz are able to engineer a solid offensive showing with a well put together offensive gameplan. Steelers blow a 4th quarter lead and the Eagles win with a last second field goal. Steelers lose 30-27. 3-2.

    Week 6 vs Browns: Steelers set a franchise mark with a 17th straight home victory over the Browns besting the run from 70-85 which led to the moniker Three Rivers Jinx. Bad blood remains though and Myles Garrett and the rest of the Browns come after them. In typical fashion though Pittsburgh finds a way to win and Cleveland finds a way to lose with Pittsburgh getting their 2nd OT win of the season. Steelers win 26-20 OT 4-2

    Week 7 @ Ravens: Pittsburgh's offense can't get anything going against the Ravens defense and the Ravens get their ground game going in an ugly loss as Pittsburgh falls further behind the Ravens in the divison. Steelers lose 27-10. 4-3

    Week 8 Bye

    Week 9 @ Cowboys: Steelers lose for the 4th time in 5 games. The Steelers up and down offense has another down in Dallas and Zeke Elliot controls the game with over 100 yards. Steelers downslide continues. Steelers lose 23-6. 4-4

    Week 10 vs Bengals: The Bengals are the perfect medicine for any Steeler team struggling of late. No Joe Burrow is not the savior of the universe he was his senior year of LSU (not in his rookie year anyway). Steelers let all of their frustration out on the Bengals and their rookie QB and dominate for their 11th straight win in the series. Steelers win 34-7. 5-4

    Week 11 @ Jaguars: He does it again. Another entry into the typical Tomlin lost to an awful team files, this time against a Jaguars team for whom the best you can say about them is that they are deliberately tanking for Trevor Lawrence. This features many of the characteristics of your typical Tomlin loss to a bad team: slow start, double digit deficit, multiple turnovers/mistakes. They fall behind by a lot and never fully recover to lose their 5th in 7 games. Steelers lose 20-17. 5-5

    Week 12 vs Ravens: Facing a must-win game against the Ravens, the Steelers rally and step up. Ben throws a couple of nice TD passes and the Steelers do a better job of stopping the Ravens ground game. They force Jackson to win by throwing and while the Ravens rally the Steelers turn them away in the redzone to close out a big Thanksgiving day win. Steelers win 24-16.

    Week 13 vs Redskins: Steelers pick up back-back wins for the first time since September. It's not easy though. Ron Rivera and Chase Young lead an improved Redskins defense that limits Pittsburgh offensively. But the Steelers defense does enough to make up for it. Steelers win 13-10. 7-5

    Week 14 @ Bills: The Steelers almost won even with Duck Hodges INTs and Fichtner's caveman offensive gameplan. Ben has never lost to the Bills. However, they are in Buffalo this time. TreDavious White carves out a reputation as a Steeler killer with 2 INTs of Ben. This is the same score as last year. Steelers lose 17-10. 7-6

    Week 15 @ Bengals: The Bengals are more competitive and Burrow has himself a better game. Ben however torches the Bengals defense as the Steelers get their 12 straight win and 8th straight win in Cincy. Steelers own the Bengals. Steelers win 30-23. 8-6

    Week 16 vs Colts: This game moves to Sunday night as this is a big game. Both teams are 8-6 and the top wildcards at the moment. Winner clinches a playoff spot. The Steelers have historically owned the Colts and Phillip Rivers is no match for the Steelers defense. The Steelers put together arguably their best performance of the season. A blowout win that clinches them the 5th seed. Steelers win 37-14. 9-6

    Week 17 @ Browns: This is a meaningless game for both teams. Pittsburgh has the 5 seed wrapped up and Cleveland is out of playoff contention. Despite some people's insistance that Cleveland will be winners this time, they disappoint again (fool me once...). In this meaningless game, these two teams again go to OT with Pittsburgh again winning in OT. Steelers win 20-17 (OT). 10-6.

    Wildcard @ Titans. A rematch of the week 4 game. The place where the Steelers lost their first game of the season is the same place the Steelers lose thier last game of the season. While this game is closer, the Titans once again win with Derrick Henry grinding out a 100+ yard game and Vrabel's defense badly outcoaching Fichtner's offense. Multiple turnovers and clock eating drives decide the game. Steelers lose 23-14.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,994

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    19-0

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    19-0
    20-0 is also possible if an AFC team which is not in our schedule like the chiefs since the second seed did not have longer a playoffs bye!

    I don't know what the tiebreaker would be if two teams finished at 16-0!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array title="j-d-s has a spectacular aura about">

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Erlangen, Germany
    Gender
    Posts
    490

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Strength of Victory (how many games the opponents of the teams have won), and after that, "Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed".

    I always thought it would be more fun to have the net points scored tiebreaker right at the top, so running up the score would actually be necessary.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Strength of Victory (how many games the opponents of the teams have won), and after that, "Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed".

    I always thought it would be more fun to have the net points scored tiebreaker right at the top, so running up the score would actually be necessary.
    in 1999....


  6. #6
    Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west is just really nice"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Posts
    427

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Steelers are not losing to the jaguars and Bills. And they won’t be one and done in the playoffs. Ben will have his best season since 2017 and the defense will pick up where it left off from last season.

    That’s assuming there will be a somewhat normal season

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Interesting prediction to say the least. I see a butt load of things being said about the offense losing games but not much about our defense. Do you not have much faith in them after what they were able to do last year with basically having rookie QB's behind center? What are your thoughts on the defense stepping up in a big game or is the offense just that bad? I also see how you mention a lot about Ben losing games but what about the other offensive weapons, do they ever have a break out game and maybe step up in a big game? You focus a lot on Ben and Tomlin but not anyone else. No doubt those are 2 very big keys to our success but why no faith in our defense or others to step it up?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    19-0
    Good to see you back on track.
    I agree.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,629

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Interesting prediction to say the least. I see a butt load of things being said about the offense losing games but not much about our defense. Do you not have much faith in them after what they were able to do last year with basically having rookie QB's behind center? What are your thoughts on the defense stepping up in a big game or is the offense just that bad? I also see how you mention a lot about Ben losing games but what about the other offensive weapons, do they ever have a break out game and maybe step up in a big game? You focus a lot on Ben and Tomlin but not anyone else. No doubt those are 2 very big keys to our success but why no faith in our defense or others to step it up?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Good to see you back on track.
    I agree.
    I do mention the defense multiple times. I mention how they keep them in the game in wins over the Giants and Redskins. I mention defensive dominance in weeks 2 and 3, I mention them turning away Baltimore in the red zone in the Thanksgiving game, I mention how they dominate Phillip Rivers in the hypothetical playoff clinching game, that's 6 of 10 wins. And if you add up the points surrendered in the regular season, I have them giving up an average of 17.3 points per game (that's really good in today's NFL).

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    7,098

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Almost intermediate story telling.

    There are 8 games I see as 90% winnable so I predict 8-8 at worst.

    Home games vs Ravens(Rivalry game 50/50), Eagles(always seem to struggle vs Eagles), Texans(usually play well vs texans), and Colts(usually play well vs Colts) puts my prediction at 10-6 at worst.

    Away games vs Ravens(Rivalry game 50/50), Titans(50/50 game), Cowboys(Tomlin is 5-1 when traveling to a dome), and Bills(50/50 game) moves my prediction needle to 12-4 at worst.

    Although 10-6 is not a bad season, I think this offense will be very much improved with Ben back at the helm. The confidence level will certainly be much higher than last year. This team is ready to win and win they will. 12-4 or better.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,898

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    starting to think they won't win a game or lose a game .....

    doubting there is going to be a season because of a virus that kills as often as the yearly flu ....

    and if anyone ever doubted the power of the media ..... they should never make that mistake again .....
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,792

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    I think this is the kinda thing that drives guys to opt out. However rare it may be.


    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ue-heart-issue

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    7,098

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    And if there is a full season.....??? Any thoughts?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Outside of travel, being at home or on the road this year will have no impact with probably no fans in the stadium...

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,898

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    And if there is a full season.....??? Any thoughts?
    Ben becomes NFL comeback player of the year , throws for 4500+ yards 30+ TDs and wins a dozen games

    he likely starts a little slow but by week 3 or 4 hits his stride and goes off on the league ... I am basing this on him " first time not feeling no pain in several years " statement it was just a few years back he threw for 5k yards ( supposedly with pain )

    I also believe we have a more talented group of WRs now than we did then .... yes even with Brown gone .... they may not be as " decorated" but they also do not have such swelled heads or such me attitudes ... I looks for 3 guys to have around 1,000 yards in receptions ( maybe even 3 break 1000 ) Washington with Ben will be night and day I feel a breakout year .... JuJu back to form in a contract year .... Johnson is gonna have a huge year .... Claypool is gonna make a mark as well and we have a new TE that is pro bowl capable ....
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Ben becomes NFL comeback player of the year , throws for 4500+ yards 30+ TDs and wins a dozen games

    he likely starts a little slow but by week 3 or 4 hits his stride and goes off on the league ... I am basing this on him " first time not feeling no pain in several years " statement it was just a few years back he threw for 5k yards ( supposedly with pain )

    I also believe we have a more talented group of WRs now than we did then .... yes even with Brown gone .... they may not be as " decorated" but they also do not have such swelled heads or such me attitudes ... I looks for 3 guys to have around 1,000 yards in receptions ( maybe even 3 break 1000 ) Washington with Ben will be night and day I feel a breakout year .... JuJu back to form in a contract year .... Johnson is gonna have a huge year .... Claypool is gonna make a mark as well and we have a new TE that is pro bowl capable ....
    I think that Ben is going to have a similar year to 2017...I think he will start slow(He will be like a good game manager and the defense will carry the team in the first few games) but after that he will be better and better if of course he is not washed up.I prefer this scenario that his 2018 season.

  16. #16
    NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    35,632

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)



  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    I agree with dwins that there won't be a season or if there is it will be short lived unless they come up with a vaccine before the start of the season.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    7,098

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I agree with dwins that there won't be a season or if there is it will be short lived unless they come up with a vaccine before the start of the season.
    I do too. However, there are other threads discussing that. This discussion is predicting a full season game by game. Why crush every football discussion with the same stuff?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Array title="Ezra Tank has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    2,611

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    0-19 (somehow they find a way to lose 3 playoff games), Tomlin gets an extension!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,898

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I agree with dwins that there won't be a season or if there is it will be short lived unless they come up with a vaccine before the start of the season.
    it takes YEARS for a vaccine to be vetted as safe , they are gonna rush this along when its as survivable as the flu ... its gonna cost far more lives than actually getting covid is my belief and long term who knows the repercussions ...

    no way in hell they are injecting me
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  21. #21
    Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Gender
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I do too. However, there are other threads discussing that. This discussion is predicting a full season game by game. Why crush every football discussion with the same stuff?
    I think you got the wrong impression. My intention is not to crush the discussion just stating my opinion. If there is a season put me down with us going undefeated.

  22. #22
    raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    richmond va
    Gender
    Posts
    1,603

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    starting to think they won't win a game or lose a game .....

    doubting there is going to be a season because of a virus that kills as often as the yearly flu ....

    and if anyone ever doubted the power of the media ..... they should never make that mistake again .....
    Just curious where you get that info. From what i see the flu kills about 40,000 per year and covid so far had killed 157,000. What am I missing?

    "Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

  23. #23
    Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    in a cave
    Gender
    Posts
    3,898

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Just curious where you get that info. From what i see the flu kills about 40,000 per year and covid so far had killed 157,000. What am I missing?
    a lot apparently .....

    they are counting people who have clearly died from other things as covid deaths if they have a positive test prior to embalming so we have not honestly had 157,000 covid deaths would be point number 1 this is well documented .....

    79,000 people in the US died from the seasonal flu in 2018 with no political agenda padding the numbers .... https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season...-2018-2019.htm

    my best friend lost his mother last week , she was in a nursing home at age 93 with a bad heart and lungs as well as being a diabetic and passed away , the bad heart wasn't it the bad lungs wasn't it the diabetes wasn't it the fact that she was 93 wasn't it and there is proof of all that ... nope she died of covid 19 with no symptoms of having it as he face timed her every day ...supposedly she got swabbed after she passed and it came back positive so her death certificate states covid as the cause of death and the nursing home gets an extra $13,500 from the federal government ... yes this system is RIPE for fraudulent claims aka fraudulent numbers 70% of all Covid deaths in the state of Pa. are in nursing homes that is a LOT of extra funds for those failing and close to failing institutions who NEED that money to survive ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtT7MrRCkk



    turn off the msm on tell-lie-vision and do some independent digging




    and this https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...navirus-deaths
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 08-03-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @Dwinsgames

  24. #24
    Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    7,098

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Crushed.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Denver
    Gender
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    a lot apparently .....

    they are counting people who have clearly died from other things as covid deaths if they have a positive test prior to embalming so we have not honestly had 157,000 covid deaths would be point number 1 this is well documented .....

    79,000 people in the US died from the seasonal flu in 2018 with no political agenda padding the numbers .... https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season...-2018-2019.htm

    my best friend lost his mother last week , she was in a nursing home at age 93 with a bad heart and lungs as well as being a diabetic and passed away , the bad heart wasn't it the bad lungs wasn't it the diabetes wasn't it the fact that she was 93 wasn't it and there is proof of all that ... nope she died of covid 19 with no symptoms of having it as he face timed her every day ...supposedly she got swabbed after she passed and it came back positive so her death certificate states covid as the cause of death and the nursing home gets an extra $13,500 from the federal government ... yes this system is RIPE for fraudulent claims aka fraudulent numbers 70% of all Covid deaths in the state of Pa. are in nursing homes that is a LOT of extra funds for those failing and close to failing institutions who NEED that money to survive ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtT7MrRCkk



    turn off the msm on tell-lie-vision and do some independent digging




    and this https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...navirus-deaths
    To further this point, CO cut its Wuhan Virus death numbers by 36% for the same above reasons, but the CDC is not going with those adjusted numbers for CO.

  26. #26
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Back to the topic...


  27. #27
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,792

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Back to the topic...

    There are a good number of reasons to be very positive. But, the expectations for the defense need to be tempered. I think the sacks and pressures will be there. Those are repeatable numbers and the defense has been in the same rough #'s for a few seasons with those. But the turnovers almost certainly won't repeat. I think they will generate turnovers. But year and year out, that # has proven to be highly variable.

    Hopefully, the offense can improve enough that the "drop" by the defense will be more than balanced out. 10-6 almost certainly gets you into the expanded playoff field. Then, from there, who knows...

  28. #28
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,912

    Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    There are a good number of reasons to be very positive. But, the expectations for the defense need to be tempered. I think the sacks and pressures will be there. Those are repeatable numbers and the defense has been in the same rough #'s for a few seasons with those. But the turnovers almost certainly won't repeat. I think they will generate turnovers. But year and year out, that # has proven to be highly variable.

    Hopefully, the offense can improve enough that the "drop" by the defense will be more than balanced out. 10-6 almost certainly gets you into the expanded playoff field. Then, from there, who knows...
    I agree that no way the steelers will repeat the turnovers ... I think they will have between 20 to 25 .... But even without the turnovers, it was still a great defense last year and they have been great in the fourth quarter for the first time in a long time when the game was very close .... And if they were just fine against the run(like last year for the most part), they'll be elite once again since they loaded and they are great against the pass. ... I expect steelers to be in the top 5 or even top 3 ... To be the best is not impossible...We will see

    The important thing will be our offense ... We need Ben to return to the form of the 2017 season if the steelers want to play to their full potential

    I put no ceilling or floor on the steelers, since we never know .... I mean every year we see teams or players being better than their ceilling before the season (like the Ravens, titans in the playoffs and 49ers last year ) or big disappointments, so to put a ceiling or a floor on the team and make predictions, it's a waste of time for me ... I prefer to take it one game at a time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •