Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2020 game by game predictions (if there is a season)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Are you predicting the Titan's will take the AFC South division? I think they can, they have the personnel, but they always seem to struggle with division games for some reason. They are also on the road vs Vikings, Ravens, and Packers(12-27). IF they split(3-3) in their division they probably finish in that 9-7 to 11-5 range. I think it will be a tight division this season but the Titans could actually pull it off this time.
    Yes. I like what I have seen from Mike Vrabel as a head coach and even without Jurell Casey and Jack Conklin I think they will have enough momentum from last year to at least get them to a division title

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersNorth View Post
    Hate to break it to you but Ben WILL NOT win CPOY
    He could throw for the stats you said and it will go to a media darling like Gronk or Cam.

Its the same as Super Bowl XLIII (i put this in caps not yelling but until someone can prove me wrong) IF ANY QB PAST OR PRESENT LEADS THAT DRIVE THEY WIN MVP.
    Elway, Montana, The Most Overrated QB in NFL history Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Brady, Peyton, Eli, the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on because they would all win it.

Ben's nickname should be Rodney Dangerfield he gets no respect...
    I have no problem Holmes winning the Super Bowl MVP in 2008, since he was also huge in the last drive, but it's true that if it would've been Manning, Brady, Rodgers or others, they probably would won the super bowl MVP.....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    0-19 (somehow they find a way to lose 3 playoff games), Tomlin gets an extension!
    impossible, Tomlin is never under .500.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I have no problem Holmes winning the Super Bowl MVP in 2008, since he was also huge in the last drive, but it's true that if it would've been Manning, Brady, Rodgers or others, they probably would won the super bowl MVP.....

It was ring #6, I really don't care who won the trip to Disney World!

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    It was ring #6, I really don't care who won the trip to Disney World!
    Its the principals.
    That's why I used other players in the had they done the same we ALLLLLLL know they'd be MVP.
    Hell last year alone Rodgers was MVP of the season after his first and only perfect passing game, but thank fuck there was still 9 weeks to go in the year.

Interesting article!

The Steelers Are a Super Bowl Contender—If Ben Roethlisberger Is Healthy

https://www.theringer.com/2020/8/13/...nse-bounceback

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

a few days later....

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

a few days later....

clickbait ... while he may say it , he doesnt mean it ... he just wants the clicks
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

a few days later....

I still have no idea why some people (albeit a smaller amount) are still pushing the Browns are gonna be a good team this year. Didn't work for them last year and I don't see much difference between this year and last year

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I still have no idea why some people (albeit a smaller amount) are still pushing the Browns are gonna be a good team this year. Didn't work for them last year and I don't see much difference between this year and last year
    I think they'll make the playoffs this year if Baker Mayfield isn't awful ... I also believe the Steelers and Ravens are going to be in the playoffs with now 7 teams in each conference making the playoffs.

Last year, I predicted that the Browns could be a disaster because of the crazy offseason hype and they were not ready for that...It was obvious.... This year they have much less hype and also a better head coach (not hard to be better than Freddy Kitchens!) ... The problem of the Browns were not the talent .... It was the lack of maturity, leadership, no head coach and awful QB play .... I believe the Browns learned from last year, but we'll see .... If Baker is still awful, that won't matter too.

I think they'll make the playoffs this year if Baker Mayfield isn't awful ... I also believe the Steelers and Ravens are going to be in the playoffs with now 7 teams in each conference making the playoffs.

Last year, I predicted that the Browns could be a disaster because of the crazy offseason hype and they were not ready for that...It was obvious.... This year they have much less hype and also a better head coach (not hard to be better than Freddy Kitchens!) ... The problem of the Browns were not the talent .... It was the lack of maturity, leadership, no head coach and awful QB play .... I believe the Browns learned from last year, but we'll see .... If Baker is still awful, that won't matter too.
    Aside from fewer people willing to buy into the hype this time, there isn't much difference this year. Same terrible ownership, same game of hot potato at head coach and GM, and there are still plenty of hot-headed personalities in the locker room. Also there were reports that the FO wants a say in play-calling which is idiotic. The only major difference is a new head coach who may be limited by the idiotic FO, the addition of a 3rd rate TE, and adding some O-line help which is good on it's own but that alone won't solve problems (as evidenced by how little the Browns won with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Browns are going through the same diva BS the Steelers went through with Bell and AB. I think they may have more than just the 2 making issues though. IF those WRs can just shut up and play football the Browns' offense CAN be very good. The defense is already pretty strong.

I think the division comes down to between the Steelers and Ravens just like pretty much every season. I like our chances better now that we have film on the MVP and the personnel to get after him. Should be fun.

I agree that the two divas WR and some others divas for the Browns could be a major problem, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns win 10 games if they play as a team,the focus is at the right place and they let their HC be their HC!.... They have talent so they have no excuse ... Another losing season and it's gonna be another fire sale for them.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Fun fact: Under the new playoff formula, where the 7th seed gets in, Tomlin would have made the playoffs every year except 2009.

So, even at 8-8 we probably get in this year.

His predictions are not bad.

It's another sport but we can see in this video the talents of Cowherd on his analysis and his predictions...

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

It's another sport but we can see in this video the talents of Cowherd on his analysis and his predictions...

I used to really like listening to Cowherd. He has turned to shit in the last couple years. Wouldn't be surprised if he started calling someone Chris Everett at this point.

Seems like a people who spend great deal of time getting paid to offer opinions on any subject "jump the shark" at some point on their career. It happened to Howard Cosell. He was famous for his opinions but probably felt the need to offer more and more controversial opinions to stay relevant.

Happens in all genres. This wont be a popular opinion here, but when Bill Maher was first on ABC, I thought his show was very good. He had guests that offered a variety of opinions. Maher, himself, started off as more Libertarian than a Liberal, which I suspect maybe he still is. However, now I can't even watch it. Just liberal propaganda for the Micheal Moores' of the world.

Back to Cowherd, he has no relevance. He just offers offers up whatever will cause the biggest stir.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If the Steelers Defense is lights out again in 2020, they have a shot to win 10+ games.

If the Defense regresses to just average, the Steelers are 8-8 and struggling for a postseason spot again.