Thread: Minkah Fitzpatrick Credits Mike Tomlin’s ‘Really Detailed’ Preparation For His Success With Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Minkah Fitzpatrick Credits Mike Tomlin’s ‘Really Detailed’ Preparation For His Success With Steelers

He just seems to be a sponge and writes everything down to remember it”, he said of Fitzpatrick’s classroom habits. “I like to take notes but this guy takes a ton of notes. Sometimes, he’s like, ‘I’m just writing the date, chill’ because I say so many snarky comments to him. It’s fun. He makes me want to take more notes too because I’m next to him. And I’m like, man, I should probably pay more attention”.

Perhaps that’s why it didn’t take long for Mike Tomlin to invite him to sit in on some meetings. As he told the Around the 412 podcast earlier this month, and transcribed by AL.com, he likened his experiences with Tomlin in a classroom setting to the relationship that he had with Nick Saban at Alabama.

“I’ve got opportunities to sit in the actual coaches meeting before with coach Saban as he’s breaking down film and going through stuff as I was learning a new position, so I got to see the way that he broke the game down and the way that he thought about the game”, he said.

“I’ve also had the same opportunity with coach Tomlin. He has meetings with three or four guys in the room, and he has his notebook out, and he’s just checking off a whole bunch of different stuff”, he continued. “He has numbers on the board, stats on the board from the offense that we’re going against — Hey, second-down-and-long, second-down-and-7 is this, is that – and is just really detailed when it comes to the game. I think that’s definitely something that they have in common and a big part of why they’re successful”.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/07/mi...with-steelers/

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/mi...-steelers.html

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Minkah Fitzpatrick Credits Mike Tomlin’s ‘Really Detailed’ Preparation For His Success With Steelers

Tomlin shouldn’t get credit though...he sucks. Hire someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Minkah Fitzpatrick Credits Mike Tomlin’s ‘Really Detailed’ Preparation For His Success With Steelers

Obviously, what Fitz is unaware of is that the note book belonged to Bill Cowher. Tomlin can only win with Cowher's notes.

Everybody knows that.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Really detailed cheerleading...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This can't be true. Tomlin doesn't know anything about football. Just ask all the experts that have been calling for his head for over a decade now.