Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...during-anthem/

Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

His Tweet.
    "Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that. My grandmother was a immigrant from the Caribbean and age worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way. She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now."

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

A TRUE AMERICAN !!! As a Veteran I thank you Tuitt for the respect you show to our country, our veteran's, our flag, and your grandmother for all the sacrifices made to make this country great. And in my opinion, F,,,K those that kneel. Hopefully no one will ever kneel or burn the flag in front me, for I took a oath back in '68 to protect that flag and when I was Honorably discharged 8 yrs later that oath didn't end.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I said it once, said it before, if America is so racist in 2020 then why are POC still flocking to immigrate here? It's moron's like the media and Lefraud James that perpetuate this nonsense! I challenge LeFraud James to immigrate to ANY country in Africa with his family and see how long it will be until he is begging to come back here. Over my career I've worked abroad in over 27 countries (I work in IT) and let me tell you there are great countries to visit and work in but there are lots and lots of horrible places and most of them are in Africa and Asia. At the end of the day I wouldn't pick any other country to live in but this one. People have NO idea how great they have it here. Being born into the United States was winning the lottery.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Thank you Mr. Tuitt!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

#iStandWithTuitt
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

A. It’s not about a flag or a song or disrespecting veterans. If people think that, they’re just plain ignorant.

B. If anything kneeling for the flag is respect, as kneeling is in most aspects of life. It’s also a request for protection to something you respect so kneeling in front of a flag is asking for protection from that flag/anthem/country.

C. It’s stupid that they still play the National Anthem at sporting events. It’s 100 year tradition that is one of the most unnecessary things in sports. There’s a good reason it was played 100 years ago and there’s been some good reasons to play it since but on a risky/weekly basis, it’s a waste.

People need to stop worrying about what other people do to make them feel better. If it’s not hurting you physically, get over it. Who cares if Tuitt stands? Who cares if half the league kneels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Agree with 86 on this about not playing the anthem. It's the BLM nonsense that ticks me off. BLM is a Marxist organization and wants to end the nuclear family (says so right on their website) that doesn't give a shit about Black Lives, if they did they would be marching on South Chicago daily. Ending the nuclear family is the exact OPPOSITE of what needs to happen!

Then you have douche bags like LeFraud James lecturing people on freedoms for all while his NBA gear is made in China by slaves that have basically no freedom! He's a hypocrite a hole.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

Absolutely chilling.

FWIW, the "nuclear family" was the dominant family structure in America and anywhere for that matter, for roughly a 15 year period after the WWII. That's it. Prior to the war and for almost all of previous American history it was large extended families built around an farmstead. https://online.csp.edu/blog/family-s...mily-structure

Hell, it may be that the only reason we have menopause is so that old people can take care of the kids while younger adults go out and work.

For the most of American and world history, having the family be only "Mom, Dad, and dependent children" has been economically not sustainable and logistically impossible. All BLM is saying is that instead of writing reams of sad-angry articles about the lack of nuclear black families, take a look at what kind of modified family structures are working in those communities and recognize that.

But, you do you. Stay scared.

There has been study after study that shows families with two parents (regardless of race) have offspring that are more successful in life than those who do not. The black family unit used to be stronger than even whites all up until the Civil Rights act of 1964 which incentivized the exact opposite through Government welfare programs. You can argue semantics all you want but the studies don't lie.

But you're DEAD wrong about the nuclear family only being present after WW2 for only 15 years:

The breakdown of the Black family was first brought to national attention in 1965 by sociologist and later Democratic Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, in the groundbreaking Moynihan Report (also known as "The Negro Family: The Case For National Action"). Moynihan's report made the argument that the relative absence of nuclear families (those having both a married father and mother present) in Black America would greatly hinder further Black socio-economic progress.

The current most widespread African American family structure consisting of a single parent has historical roots dating back to 1880. Data from U.S. Census reports reveal that between 1880 and 1960, married households consisting of two-parent homes were the most widespread form of African-American family structures. Although the most popular, married households decreased over this time period. Single-parent homes, on the other hand, remained relatively stable until 1960; when they rose dramatically. A study of 1880 family structures in Philadelphia, showed that three-quarters of Black families were nuclear families, composed of two parents and children.

In the Harlem neighborhood of New York City in 1925, 85 percent of kin-related Black households had two parents. When Moynihan warned in his 1965 report on the coming destruction of the Black family, however, the out-of-wedlock birthrate had increased to 25% among the Black population. This figure continued to rise over time and in 1991, 68% of Black children were born outside of marriage. U.S. Census data from 2010 reveal that more African-American families consisted of single mothers than married households with both parents. Most recently, in 2011; it was reported that 72% of Black babies were born to unmarried mothers.

The African-American family structure has been divided into a twelve-part typology that is used to show the differences in the family structure based on “gender, marital status, and the presence or absence of children, other relatives or non-relatives." These family sub-structures are divided up into three major structures: nuclear families, extended families, and augmented families.

So here are the numbers AFTER WW2 based on Census data.

You can argue terminology but it's been proven over and over that a two parent household will succeed at higher rates than those that do not have two parents.

Oh and you skipped the part about BLM being Marxists. No thanks.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Lots of extended families prior to the 1900's all living in one house. Early 1900s urban immigrants did the same thing.

All over the world people define family in different ways. The assumption that the ONLY stable family form is the western nuclear family is dumb, untrue, and based on nothing.

There is all kinds of data showing that for both whites and blacks, a married couple and dependent children being the only residents of a family household is a short lived phenomena related primarily to the distinctly post-war pulse of suburban living.

Look at sitcoms. As early as the Brady Bunch, that model is not being depicted. By today's times no "traditional" families are frequently depicted. Mostly because that tradition has very shallow roots.

If a group of people want to live in multi-household or multi-generational families in order to achieve the goals of childcare and economic stability...how is that a threat to you or me?

Heck, many parts of the world you move in with your in-laws the day after your wedding . I guess all those kids are doomed.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Welcome to The Soapbox

Well the topic was started, you could always just skip it teegre but I won't continue. Mojouw will never agree, that I am right .

"When we have debates about how to strengthen the family, we are thinking of the two-parent nuclear family, with one or two kids, probably living in some detached family home on some suburban street.

We take it as the norm, even though this wasn’t the way most humans lived during the tens of thousands of years before 1950, and it isn’t the way most humans have lived during the 55 years since 1965."

https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/...0200226-p544fj

More than one way to run a railroad is all.

Tuitt if he can stay healthy will be a monster in whatever games are played in 2020. Before his injury he was basically unblockable. Was on track to have a better season than Heyward. Hopefully, he finally stays healthy.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Apparently the Steelers are going to be “united” with no individual things such as one player kneeling or one player standing. And Villanueva and Tuitt will not kneel for the anthem. So that tell me that all of them will be standing for the anthem. I wonder if all of them will come out and kneel together and then all stand for the anthem. That is my bet as to what will happen.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    "When we have debates about how to strengthen the family, we are thinking of the two-parent nuclear family, with one or two kids, probably living in some detached family home on some suburban street.

We take it as the norm, even though this wasn’t the way most humans lived during the tens of thousands of years before 1950, and it isn’t the way most humans have lived during the 55 years since 1965."

https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/...0200226-p544fj

More than one way to run a railroad is all.

Tuitt if he can stay healthy will be a monster in whatever games are played in 2020. Before his injury he was basically unblockable. Was on track to have a better season than Heyward. Hopefully, he finally stays healthy.
    In today's world though....

Don't tell me we have to conform to today then quote yesterday. Be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    In today's world though....

Don't tell me we have to conform to today then quote yesterday. Be specific.
    Not sure what you're saying or asking here.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not sure what you're saying or asking here.
    Tuitt says he won't kneel during the anthem. That is the thread topic. Correct?

You type about tens of thousands of years before 1950, which was 70 years ago. Not quite sure how this pertains to Tuitt's comment. Today is today, what is the point of bringing up 70 years ago? Not necessarily directed to you but you are the last response. IF Tuitt stands with AV then good for him, that's his right. IF Tuitt stands with the BLM group then good for him. Just not sure what this has to do with any 1950s situation. OR any other timeline. Today is today and yesterday is yesterday. I'm 50+ today, yesterday I had different ideals and motives.

Tuitt says he won't kneel during the anthem. That is the thread topic. Correct?

You type about tens of thousands of years before 1950, which was 70 years ago. Not quite sure how this pertains to Tuitt's comment. Today is today, what is the point of bringing up 70 years ago? Not necessarily directed to you but you are the last response. IF Tuitt stands with AV then good for him, that's his right. IF Tuitt stands with the BLM group then good for him. Just not sure what this has to do with any 1950s situation. OR any other timeline. Today is today and yesterday is yesterday. I'm 50+ today, yesterday I had different ideals and motives.
    Totally. My response was to a digression/tangent that came up within the thread and has very little to do with what Tuitt does or doesn't do in 2020.

I won't further drag this thread off topic by providing a long rationale behind my posting.

Totally. My response was to a digression/tangent that came up within the thread and has very little to do with what Tuitt does or doesn't do in 2020.

I won't further drag this thread off topic by providing a long rationale behind my posting.

It's all simple. Give a shit enough to not give a shit.

It's all simple. Give a shit enough to not give a shit.
    I can get on board with that. Might be my new 2020+ motto!!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Who cares and they can rape my neighbors cat for all I care. I want to watch Football.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. going to have the game out on the projector screen out doors.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don’t know why this is such an issue, it’s fucking retarded. Kneeling is not disrespecting the troops. I’m not gonna have some obese draft dodging piece of shit tell me how to be patriotic.

I’m a veteran that’s seen frontline action and I have no issue with any player that chooses to kneel, it’s not like they’re grabbing their crotch during the national anthem lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Kneeling is actually one of the highest signs of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Kneeling is actually one of the highest signs of respect.
    It is, I mean we kneel to god in prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I don’t know why this is such an issue, it’s fucking retarded. Kneeling is not disrespecting the troops. I’m not gonna have some obese draft dodging piece of shit tell me how to be patriotic.

I’m a veteran that’s seen frontline action and I have no issue with any player that chooses to kneel, it’s not like they’re grabbing their crotch during the national anthem lol
    I appreciate what you've done for me and my family as well as for the country. I never served. But, I do have one experience you might not have. As a child, I watched my mother be handed the flag off my father's coffin due to after-effects of Vietnam (Agent Orange). To me, there's a deeper emotional tie to the flag and when I see purposefully doing something different than the norm, it is a detraction from the meaning of the moment. I know that is very different than what you may have experienced on the front lines losing people, but it was still a poignant and moreover, a turning point in my life where things lined up as things that happened before my father's death and funeral, and after his death and funeral.

Now, what the Steelers did tonight, I thought, was well executed. Everyone stood. They held a sign (which many people do, they don't have to empty their hands). While I would have liked to see more hands over hearts, not a lot of people do that anymore, so I get it.

Tonight, they showed respect and also showed they're concerned about a cause. I'm all good with that.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I appreciate what you've done for me and my family as well as for the country. I never served. But, I do have one experience you might not have. As a child, I watched my mother be handed the flag off my father's coffin due to after-effects of Vietnam (Agent Orange). To me, there's a deeper emotional tie to the flag and when I see purposefully doing something different than the norm, it is a detraction from the meaning of the moment. I know that is very different than what you may have experienced on the front lines losing people, but it was still a poignant and moreover, a turning point in my life where things lined up as things that happened before my father's death and funeral, and after his death and funeral.

Now, what the Steelers did tonight, I thought, was well executed. Everyone stood. They held a sign (which many people do, they don't have to empty their hands). While I would have liked to see more hands over hearts, not a lot of people do that anymore, so I get it.

Tonight, they showed respect and also showed they're concerned about a cause. I'm all good with that.

Extremely well said.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and deeply thankful for the sacrifice that your father made for this country.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I'm honestly surprised that more haters were not triggered by the sign the players held up. Maybe they are just too bashful to let their feelings be known.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

I'm sorry for your loss, I have nothing but the most respect for people who served before me. Losing a parent is one of the hardest things and definitely a life changing event. I lost my father over 10 years ago, though not service related, but still changed me forever.

I also thought what the Steelers did was great, and it seems that nobody had a real problem with it. I was afraid there'd be a social media backlash, since I really hate drama about all that stuff when I just want an escape from these shitty times and just think about football for once lol.

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

I’m a Steelers fan. They can kneel, grab their crotch, or burn the American flag during the National Anthem. Hell, they can even honor Antwon “Drive-by” Rose Jr. on their helmets. BLM or KKK I don’t care about the worldview of the morons in a Steelers uniform…....I don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit cause those 1%ers decide to promote…..Just get to the QB and the end zone.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's D View Post
    I’m a Steelers fan. They can kneel, grab their crotch, or burn the American flag during the National Anthem. Hell, they can even honor Antwon “Drive-by” Rose Jr. on their helmets. BLM or KKK I don’t care about the worldview of the morons in a Steelers uniform…....I don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit cause those 1%ers decide to promote…..Just get to the QB and the end zone.

And that's your right as well......moron or not.