Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's D View Post
    I’m a Steelers fan. They can kneel, grab their crotch, or burn the American flag during the National Anthem. Hell, they can even honor Antwon “Drive-by” Rose Jr. on their helmets. BLM or KKK I don’t care about the worldview of the morons in a Steelers uniform…....I don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit cause those 1%ers decide to promote…..Just get to the QB and the end zone.
    Why did you bother to add to this thread. You are certainly welcome to wait another eight months before contributing again.

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I find myself utterly dispassionate about what players choose to do or not do during the national anthem. I just prefer not to witness any of it. Like most, I prefer my sports and my politics to be segregated. I'm watching a football game to take a break from insanity that's become our current political reality.

I DVR every game, so very rarely am I watching in perfectly real time (usually 10-15 minutes behind). So, when the NFL, MLB, the major broadcast networks, or whomever decide to hammer their political opinions down my throat, I reject it and don't watch it. On Sunday night's game, I passively caught what the Steelers were doing as I was fast-forwarding the game feed to the point of kickoff and chose not to investigate it any further.

Sunday night games on NBC are typically the worst offenders of this. Rather than discuss the games of the day, who sucked, who was brilliant, etc, you're forced to listen to a Bob Costas soliloquy about the political and social events of the week. I just won't participate in their agenda. Pause the broadcast where it's at with Costas' smug face staring back at me, go drink a blessed and well-deserved beer, and then fast-forward to the 3rd quarter kickoff - which is where I wanted to be in the first place.

If the NFL ever figures out a way to bypass my personal filtering mechanism and forces me suffer through their one-way conversations directed at me, then they'll have lost a fan for good.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

[QUOTE=Devil's D;739334]I’m a Steelers fan. They can kneel, grab their crotch, or burn the American flag during the National Anthem. Hell, they can even honor Antwon “Drive-by” Rose Jr. on their helmets. BLM or KKK I don’t care about the worldview of the morons in a Steelers uniform…....I don't give a fuck about whatever bullshit cause those 1%ers decide to promote…..Just get to the QB and the end zone.[/QUOTE

As a Vietnam Veteran, I, along with all my brother/sister veterans are glad that you have the right to voice such 'different' thoughts, opinions and beliefs....and are able to voice them so freely without any harmful violence to you. Believe it or not in some countries some of your actions would cause your head to end up at your feet. But, you have the right to say and think what you just said without harm. Although please be careful to do some of your thoughts actually in front other's.....some veteran's, myself included, would be highly offended and may react in a way you may not enjoy. As a long time Steeler fan, I hope they do well. I personally vowed to not watch any professional sports this year because of all the politics, National Anthem, so called Black anthem ( which I didn't know existed ) and showboating crap. Looks like I'll be doing alot of motorcycling on weekends. Peace all. Oh, and God Bless Brother's Villeneuva and Tuitt

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

Hey, that is exactly why I felt the need to post. Most of my friends have abandoned the NFL over the last few years.

I’m from a military family, and I did my time in the US Army. I’m not going to let the self-righteous and morally repugnant morons that think Antwan “Drive-by” Rose should be honored, but not the United States of America take Steelers football from me. I simply don’t give a fuck what nonsense they believe.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's D View Post
    Hey, that is exactly why I felt the need to post. Most of my friends have abandoned the NFL over the last few years.

I’m from a military family, and I did my time in the US Army. I’m not going to let the self-righteous and morally repugnant morons that think Antwan “Drive-by” Rose should be honored, but not the United States of America take Steelers football from me. I simply don’t give a fuck what nonsense they believe.
    They honor the veterans every year with logo stickers and apparel and end zone decoration. They can’t do the same for BLM? Maybe they didn’t pick the best name on the back of the helmet, but the thought for the overall movement is there. It’s the same as what they do for the military and veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

After at least a month to research and choose, they pick Antwon Rose. Disgraceful, but I’m still watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They honor the veterans every year with logo stickers and apparel and end zone decoration. They can’t do the same for BLM? Maybe they didn’t pick the best name on the back of the helmet, but the thought for the overall movement is there. It’s the same as what they do for the military and veterans.
    Please don't compare the Military Veterans or any First line respondents to the BLM. Please read, and understand the make up of the BLM group. ALL lives matter my friend, color isn't a factor. The small little 1 yr old white child killed in his house by a drive bye, the 7 yr old white child on his bicycle killed on the sidewalk in front of his house lives mattered didn't they. The BLM don't want discrimination, but that is all BLM does. I'm not buying into this shit movement or what they speak of.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Please don't compare the Military Veterans or any First line respondents to the BLM. Please read, and understand the make up of the BLM group. ALL lives matter my friend, color isn't a factor. The small little 1 yr old white child killed in his house by a drive bye, the 7 yr old white child on his bicycle killed on the sidewalk in front of his house lives mattered didn't they. The BLM don't want discrimination, but that is all BLM does. I'm not buying into this shit movement or what they speak of.
    "You will know them by the fruits of their tree"

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

ALL lives matter my friend, color isn't a factor.
    Don’t need to read any further than that to know that you don’t have a grasp of what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Welcome to The Soapbox

Teegre, you got a license for that emoji? Is that regulation?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

BLM doesn't even care about all black lives, only black lives whose deaths they can exploit for far-left political purposes and use as a convenient excuse to destory other people's property and harass/intimidate and even sometimes even kill people (typically involving black lives taken by white cops). David Dorn was a black decorated officer who was killed protecting the store of a close friend and yet BLM didn't bother to give two shits about his life because he was killed by looting thugs

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    BLM doesn't even care about all black lives, only black lives whose deaths they can exploit for far-left political purposes and use as a convenient excuse to destory other people's property and harass/intimidate and even sometimes even kill people (typically involving black lives taken by white cops). David Dorn was a black decorated officer who was killed protecting the store of a close friend and yet BLM didn't bother to give two shits about his life because he was killed by looting thugs
    A man was charged with the murder of Dorn within a week of the killing. Swift justice from the sounds of it.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    A man was charged with the murder of Dorn within a week of the killing. Swift justice from the sounds of it.
    The officers in George Floyd's murder were charged as well. Didn't stop the calls for the police to be defunded nor did it stop thugs from burning down innocent people's businesses

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

The officers in George Floyd's murder were charged as well. Didn't stop the calls for the police to be defunded nor did it stop thugs from burning down innocent people's businesses
    How do you feel that Amaud Arbry killing and the investigation was handled?

Do you think the police in the George Floyd case will serve any time or be convicted? Do you think that David Dorn's killer will serve any time or be convicted?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think it's high time this one get moved to the Soapbox...

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Don’t need to read any further than that to know that you don’t have a grasp of what it means.
    The actual BLM movement is Total BS. They are using minorities for awful reasons

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Not to mention calls to convict and defund, looting and arson were committed prior to compelling facts coming out. Facts that dont fit radical groups narratives. Floyd was repeated loser and on toxic levels of fentanyl.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

As a Vietnam Veteran, I, along with all my brother/sister veterans are glad that you have the right to voice such 'different' thoughts, opinions and beliefs....and are able to voice them so freely without any harmful violence to you. Believe it or not in some countries some of your actions would cause your head to end up at your feet. But, you have the right to say and think what you just said without harm. Although please be careful to do some of your thoughts actually in front other's.....some veteran's, myself included, would be highly offended and may react in a way you may not enjoy. As a long time Steeler fan, I hope they do well. I personally vowed to not watch any professional sports this year because of all the politics, National Anthem, so called Black anthem ( which I didn't know existed ) and showboating crap. Looks like I'll be doing alot of motorcycling on weekends. Peace all. Oh, and God Bless Brother's Villeneuva and Tuitt
    As a Vietnam veteran you know that no one fights for a flag or a national anthem. We fought for each other. The flag and anthem are for those who never went to war so they can pretend to be patriots. What do they know about lying on a battle field covered in blood? What do they know about war? Why would you, as a Vietnam veteran, care what they do? Ignore all the BS and just enjoy the game.
    Last edited by tom444; 09-18-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    As a Vietnam veteran you know that no one fights for a flag or a national anthem. We fought for each other. The flag and anthem are for those who never went to war so they can pretend to be patriots. What do they know about lying on a battle field covered in blood? What do they know about war? Why would you, as a Vietnam veteran, care what they do? Ignore all the BS and just enjoy the game.
    What do you know about any of that either, being in high school?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    What do you know about any of that either, being in high school?
    Lmao, lets say for a second what he is saying is true. He's now supports the party that called him a baby killer when he got home. And spit on them, and treated those vets like complete garbage. Okay George.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

My profile picture is incontrovertible proof that I am a hell of a dancer.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Tom which one are you?

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Tom which one are you?

The guy with a dick in his mouth

More like which one is his great-uncle.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is more of what we need.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

The only thing missing is the casting couch.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    https://triblive.com/sports/first-ca...during-anthem/

Stephon Tuitt says he WONT kneel during National Anthem.

His Tweet.
    "Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that. My grandmother was a immigrant from the Caribbean and age worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way. She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now."
    According to liberals that is impossible. Liberals stated the systemic racism they made up in their minds keeps Black people down.

Tuitt = American
    Hater = Realist