Thread: Jets trade Jamal Adams to the Seahawks

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jets trade Jamal Adams to the Seahawks

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Jets trade Jamal Adams to the Seahawks

Steep price...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Steep price...
    B-b-b-b-b-b-but da Steelers gave up too much for Minkah.......

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Might be for a major impact safety like Adams. The defensive equivalent of a QB. With a good coordinator, Adams can impact every single play using his ability to attack the ball at all 3 levels.

Also, this might push Seattle over the top before Wilson gets any older. They certainly weren't adding anyone with a bigger impact to their franchise with the 2021 first rounder.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Might be for a major impact safety like Adams. The defensive equivalent of a QB. With a good coordinator, Adams can impact every single play using his ability to attack the ball at all 3 levels.

Also, this might push Seattle over the top before Wilson gets any older. They certainly weren't adding anyone with a bigger impact to their franchise with the 2021 first rounder.
    I’d be willing to deal a first round 2021 pick for just about anything at this point. God only knows if these teams will even have a fair evaluation of college players.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d be willing to deal a first round 2021 pick for just about anything at this point. God only knows if these teams will even have a fair evaluation of college players.
    Excellent point!! Heck, there might not even be a full college season at some levels.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This is great for Seattle. Their defense was ranked in the bottom 10 in Seattle and Russell Wilson had to pull out houdini magic to squeak out close wins every week. We've seen how great safety play can dramatically improve a defense. This may help push Seattle into the Super Bowl. Losing 2 first round picks sucks but it's the going rate for a defensive stud and it means less to a head coach closing in on 70 and a QB who is 32. As for the Jets at this point, best case scenario may be top 2 pick and start over for like the 20th time since Super Bowl 3 (though they'll manage to screw that up as well)

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has the english translation to this, would be very much appreciated

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If anyone has the english translation to this, would be very much appreciated
    Jamal convinces Le’Veon to sign with the Jets... and then, Jamal bailed. Le’Veon feels that he was duped into coming there (by Jamal).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jamal convinces Le’Veon to sign with the Jets... and then, Jamal bailed. Le’Veon feels that he was duped into coming there (by Jamal).
    Lol. After reading your translation and then going back and reading Bell’s post, makes sense now.

I’d give up a 2021 first rounder for Bell as long as the Jets picked up 60% of the contract. I might be serious too...lol.

Ok, I always thought he signed with the Jets because they were the only team to offer him a contract. Though I am one to believe Le'Veon should do a little self-reflection before calling out someone else for wanting to leave a team, doing whatever for attention, and saying stuff on twitter that they don't believe (i.e. "2018 gonna be my best year")

Jamal Adams vs Le'Veon Bell

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Do you speak jive?

I just don't know if this is a good idea to give up mutiples first round pick(and more) to a player who don't play at the QB position....
    I wouldn't want my team to do that.

The Seahawks especially are in a bad place to do that, because with their pretty-good QB on a franchise QB mega-contract, they need a way to surround him with some star players for cheap, and they just traded away their number one way to do that. Even worse, since not only will they lose the chance to draft two low-cost impact players with those picks, the guy they got in return is going to require a fat contract next year too.

I guess if they really think this is the missing piece that will make them win it all this year, it could work, but in the long term it's pretty rough. Personally, I think they're more than one DB away from contending. It's a hell of a gamble, that's for sure.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Seattle has almost zero pricey long-term contracts for the foreseeable future other than Wilson and Wagner (https://www.theringer.com/2020/7/26/...eahawks-jets):

"As the Legion of Boom era ended, Schneider purged Seattle’s roster of nearly all its pricey veteran contracts. The franchise followed that de facto reset by temporarily making Russell Wilson the highest-paid QB in the NFL with a four-year, $140 million deal; a few months later, it made Bobby Wagner the league’s highest-paid linebacker by handing him a three-year, $54 million extension. The thought was that Wilson and Wagner would act as the centerpieces on offense and defense, respectively, and that the Seahawks could use their newfound flexibility to build around them however they chose. With so much blank canvas to work with, Schneider has attacked the trade market whenever a potential impact player has become available, and he’s done it again with Adams. Seattle is set to have more than $30 million in cap space for 2021, even if the cap settles at the $175 million floor."

"Seattle’s 2016 first-round pick Germain Ifedi is already off the roster. Neither of their 2017 second-rounders is in line for a big extension; in fact, defensive tackle Malik McDowell is out of the league entirely. Penny was displaced by late-round pick Chris Carson as the team’s starting running back. And even if Collier comes on this season, the most lucrative parts of his deal will likely kick in after the initial guarantees in an Adams extension would have already been paid. While cornerback Shaquill Griffin is set to be a free agent next offseason and is in line for a new deal, the Seahawks otherwise don’t have any major looming financial commitments on the horizon."

The Jets found the perfect trade partner. A team that was somehow a combination of good enough to envision Adams being the missing piece and enduring a recent run of poor drafting that means they have no big $$$ extensions to even realistically consider.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seattle has almost zero pricey long-term contracts for the foreseeable future other than Wilson and Wagner (https://www.theringer.com/2020/7/26/...eahawks-jets):

"As the Legion of Boom era ended, Schneider purged Seattle’s roster of nearly all its pricey veteran contracts. The franchise followed that de facto reset by temporarily making Russell Wilson the highest-paid QB in the NFL with a four-year, $140 million deal; a few months later, it made Bobby Wagner the league’s highest-paid linebacker by handing him a three-year, $54 million extension. The thought was that Wilson and Wagner would act as the centerpieces on offense and defense, respectively, and that the Seahawks could use their newfound flexibility to build around them however they chose. With so much blank canvas to work with, Schneider has attacked the trade market whenever a potential impact player has become available, and he’s done it again with Adams. Seattle is set to have more than $30 million in cap space for 2021, even if the cap settles at the $175 million floor."

"Seattle’s 2016 first-round pick Germain Ifedi is already off the roster. Neither of their 2017 second-rounders is in line for a big extension; in fact, defensive tackle Malik McDowell is out of the league entirely. Penny was displaced by late-round pick Chris Carson as the team’s starting running back. And even if Collier comes on this season, the most lucrative parts of his deal will likely kick in after the initial guarantees in an Adams extension would have already been paid. While cornerback Shaquill Griffin is set to be a free agent next offseason and is in line for a new deal, the Seahawks otherwise don’t have any major looming financial commitments on the horizon."

The Jets found the perfect trade partner. A team that was somehow a combination of good enough to envision Adams being the missing piece and enduring a recent run of poor drafting that means they have no big $$$ extensions to even realistically consider.
    I don't know, man. Having cap relief because you do not have to give big extensions to several recent draft picks that you whiffed on is not exactly a sign that you're killing it. They're going to need someone to do the job those guys were supposed to do, and one way or another, if those guys didn't get drafted, they have to get paid.

I suppose it looks like they have a brief window where a move like this could work, if they are really just missing a piece. Depends on how good you think they are. I just didn't think they were that great last year, certainly not enough to bet the house on this season.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't know, man. Having cap relief because you do not have to give big extensions to several recent draft picks that you whiffed on is not exactly a sign that you're killing it. They're going to need someone to do the job those guys were supposed to do, and one way or another, if those guys didn't get drafted, they have to get paid.

I suppose it looks like they have a brief window where a move like this could work, if they are really just missing a piece. Depends on how good you think they are. I just didn't think they were that great last year, certainly not enough to bet the house on this season.
    I have no idea how good they are. But that aren't going to have any problem paying Adams which was raised as an objection to the deal.

2021 NCAA season and subsequent draft is going to be a mess anyways. So that pick is far better served going with one of the best young defenders in the league. So really, it's the 2022 pick. Looking at Seattle's recent history; getting rid of it is not the worst idea.

They did finish 11-5 and make the divisional round with a defense that finished in the bottom ten in both total and passing defense. They also surrendered an average of nearly 25 points per game. You only have to look at our team to know what a difference a top tier safety can make to a defense. If Adams plays up to his all pro status and the offense continues to play lights out (which really just involves Russell Wilson staying healthy) Seattle becomes a dangerous team

They did finish 11-5 and make the divisional round with a defense that finished in the bottom ten in both total and passing defense. They also surrendered an average of nearly 25 points per game. You only have to look at our team to know what a difference a top tier safety can make to a defense. If Adams plays up to his all pro status and the offense continues to play lights out (which really just involves Russell Wilson staying healthy) Seattle becomes a dangerous team
    I’d agree with that. Personally, I think safety is now a premium position. Used to be you paid QBs and LTs. Maybe a pass rusher. Forced to choose, I’d rather have the top end safety than the premier pass rusher.

I saw them a few times and thought they were ok ... Pretty good, I guess, but they seemed like they had a long way to go to even catch up with the top teams in their conference. This is the kind of move you love to see if your team is already a contender and going for the kill, otherwise pretty risky.

I don't know, maybe they actually are better than I give them credit for. Things change fast and have a funny way of working out. I'll be rooting for it to go to shit for them because they're the Seahawks, but I guess we will see.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I saw them a few times and thought they were ok ... Pretty good, I guess, but they seemed like they had a long way to go to even catch up with the top teams in their conference. This is the kind of move you love to see if your team is already a contender and going for the kill, otherwise pretty risky.

I don't know, maybe they actually are better than I give them credit for. Things change fast and have a funny way of working out. I'll be rooting for it to go to shit for them because they're the Seahawks, but I guess we will see.
    They were at one yard away to win the NFC west ahead of the 49ers and beat them twice....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Do you speak jive?
    Lay’er down and smack’em, yack’em... cold got to be!!!

They were at one yard away to win the NFC west ahead of the 49ers and beat them twice....
    The Steelers made the conference championship game in 2016, but it was clear they had serious problems and few expected them to get that far. That's the kind of team the Seahawks looked like to me. Good for them for trying to take the extra step, I guess, but it seems like they are committing hard for something that is out of reach.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The Steelers made the conference championship game in 2016, but it was clear they had serious problems and few expected them to get that far. That's the kind of team the Seahawks looked like to me. Good for them for trying to take the extra step, I guess, but it seems like they are committing hard for something that is out of reach.
    The AFC had only 3 good teams in 2016!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Lay’er down and smack’em, yack’em... cold got to be!!!