Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no NFL in 2020 ? could happen

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: no NFL in 2020 ? could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Been kicking this idea around in my own head for a little while. Let me run this up the ole flag pole for a test. Not asking if the league is likely to do anything, just what if.

Teams play within their own division only(similar to college conference only play). 9-12 game season, playoffs of division winners only. Superbowl is AFC vs NFC per usual.
    Limits travel, and season gets an asterisk anyway so players get to sit out if they want.
    Not the worst idea that I've seen floated as a solution.

Honestly, I've reached the point that for all levels of sports - if you have to go through so many twists and turns to make it happen; just skip it for a season.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Honestly, I hope they play the full season or just blow it up for the entire year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Based on the death rates by age group, if every single player got sick, there would be about a 1-2% chance of one person dying. Of course, that's assuming that everyone with health problems stayed away. How would the fact that most linemen, even though they are in good shape, would be considered extremely overweight, affect things? Who knows. And if I was a coach in my 60s or 70s, I'd think twice about going near there.

Off the top of my head, at minumum the Seahawks, 49ers, Chargers, Rams, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Lions, Bears, Steelers, Eagles, Ravens, and Washington Redskins of Anaheim will not be allowed to play in their home stadiums. If the governor doesn't ban it, the mayor will, and if the mayor doesn't, then the county health director will, and if s/he doesn't, some other bureaucrat will. So they will have to find some neutral location that is willing to host most games, like the NBA did.
    Eagles and Steelers are allowed to playin their own venues as per the governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I think we’re going to need football this year, for morale boosting for one,

the closer to a full season the better,

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

lets just quit the stupid shit , realize the only way past this is to build immunity and resume life as normal in order to build such immunity ...

we do not run and hide from the flu and the numbers from this are very similar to flu ....

the Amish are not effected by this , you know why ? they dont have a fucking TV in their face 24-7

if you keep hearing the same bullshit day after day after day eventually you start to believe it ....

turn off the Tell-Lie-Vision ( they are all in on it ) its an agenda ...

if I keep you busy with this you won't be paying attention to that ...

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

lets just quit the stupid shit , realize the only way past this is to build immunity and resume life as normal in order to build such immunity ...

we do not run and hide from the flu and the numbers from this are very similar to flu ....

the Amish are not effected by this , you know why ? they dont have a fucking TV in their face 24-7

if you keep hearing the same bullshit day after day after day eventually you start to believe it ....

turn off the Tell-Lie-Vision ( they are all in on it ) its an agenda ...

if I keep you busy with this you won't be paying attention to that ...

Oh now you did it. Don't you dare compare it to the flu. Don't you know the flu only kills a fraction of 1% of those who get it, and this kills a slightly higher fraction of 1%? It's COMPLETELY night and day. This was all TOTALLY worth it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

What's funny is you're not going to hear shit about the virus after the election.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    What's funny is you're not going to hear shit about the virus after the election.
    that’s what I’m thinking, but if it goes republican...It may not be

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yeah...Trump is changing his tune because of the liberal media hype...he’s buying into it to now.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Not a good sign....Look at what happen in baseball.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not a good sign....Look at what happen in baseball.

Yeah, you are not going to have a season in any sport if you shut everything down every time someone tests positive for this. You ignore the virus and move on, accepting it as a relatively small additional risk of living life, or you might as well just go home and forget about trying to do it at all. Those are your choices.

Not coincidentally, those are also your choices for life in general. But the stakes are much higher than having a baseball game or not.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The bubbles in the NBA and NHL work very well right now, but if the NFL have no bubble, it could be a disaster like in baseball right now

no NFL in 2020 ? could happen

Where are they going to put one bubble for the NFL? The logistics would be a disaster. So many more players and coaching staffs, etc.

My idea and shoot a hole in it if you want or make adjustments:

Two separate bubbles: one in California (NFC) one in Florida (AFC).

12 game season - All Division games and Conference games.

2 fields - 16 teams = 8 games/week. 2 games in AM, 2 early afternoon, 2 late afternoon, 2 night.

If there are any big outbreaks, games could be moved to a week after the initial 12.

Every playoff team gets a bye week and then go into playoffs. Pending what the situation is, those may be played at home fields...otherwise, one bubble for all the teams. Same coast as Super Bowl (forget where it is).