Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington Redskins Retire Redskins Name & Logo

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Washington Redskins Retire Redskins Name & Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Washington Redskins Retire Redskins Name & Logo

Yeah, so what's the new name? That's all anyone wants to know.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I recommend that they change their name to something related to the brave people that worked tirelessly to demand the name change for years, The Pansies (the logo of course can be a flower)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I bet it'll be the Maryland Redskins.

Can you imagine the liberal screeching?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I bet it'll be the Maryland Redskins.

Can you imagine the liberal screeching?
    LOL. Also would piss off the purple poe birds

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Steelers are next. After all, to form it you have to beat the hell out of it. Steel life matters!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Foreskins

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Foreskins

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Maybe change it every year and "honor" a different nationality each season? I can't wait for the 2023 Washington Wops.

So proud.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I can't get behind this. I just don't think the name is racist at all. Too many Native Americans are not behind the name change. I just don't think this is a big deal.... but I'm not Native American .... oh.... wait.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe change it every year and "honor" a different nationality each season? I can't wait for the 2023 Washington Wops.

So proud.
    Along those same lines, I would assert that they will probably be known as the Hard R’s ... since, a unfortunate proportion of the USA still refers to NFL players (regardless of team/city) using that term.

I also like the nickname: Red Wolves.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    “Excuse me... yes, excuse me, Mr. Defender... you sacked me a little too hard and you need to get some anger management help.”

“No, I disagree... that is not your job.”

“Please, I need to speak to your (General) Manager.”

“Please, step away from me... and get your manager!!!”

“Manager... NOW!!!”

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Washington Snowflakes
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Some real estate agent beat the Skins to any familiar name change and registered a bunch of names. Foreskins could become a real possibility if the guy squeezes them for $.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

How many native Americans are there left in the DC area? Lol

However, there are plenty of ‘honest’ or more likely less than honest politicians and lobbyists so let’s start with that for a new name

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

How about DC Douche-bags? Great for marketing toward women.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Danny Boy is in bigger trouble than the name change controversy.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Snyder was essentially blackmailed to change the name...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

RedNecks?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Snyder was essentially blackmailed to change the name...lol.
    Careful bro, you'll get cancelled for saying words like that in today's bizaroo world. Even though that's exactly what happened here.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    How about DC Douche-bags? Great for marketing toward women.
    That nickname already belongs to the Patriots.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/washi...nt-allegations

Fifteen former female employees who worked for the Redskins told The Washington Post that they were sexually harassed while working for the organization, the newspaper published in a bombshell report Thursday.
    According to The Post, the team declined a request to release 15 of the former female employees from non-disclosure agreements so they could speak on the record.

Emily Applegate, who worked as a marketing coordinator before leaving in 2015, was the only woman who spoke to the newspaper on the record about her experience working for the organization. The allegations, which reportedly ran from 2006 to 2019, would fall under unwelcome overtures or comments of a sexual nature, and exhortations to wear revealing clothing and flirt with clients to close sales deals.
    "It was the most miserable experience of my life," Applegate told the newspaper. "And we all tolerated it, because we knew if we complained -- and they reminded us of this -- there were 1,000 people out there who would take our job in a heartbeat."

As I was saying......

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Right or wrong, Snyder is going to be lucky to retain ownership of the team. Leaving aside the name issue and the harassment stuff; Snyder is a laughing stock and an annual embarrassment to the league in how he fails to competitively helm his franchise and the horrific manner he conducts business. I strongly believe that the NFL is grateful for any and every excuse to send this guy packing.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The woke mob out in force against them today, I see.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Its his team, he can run it how he wants- within labor laws and such. If his employees were harassed, they can sue his ass. If he is a bad owner, players won't want to be there. If he broke laws then prosecute. The thing is though, we can't just be taking away businesses from people who some deem as unworthy. Hell, if that was the case, then we gotta make the Bengals, Dolphins, and every other perennial loser sell too. See how stupid that is?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Right or wrong, Snyder is going to be lucky to retain ownership of the team. Leaving aside the name issue and the harassment stuff; Snyder is a laughing stock and an annual embarrassment to the league in how he fails to competitively helm his franchise and the horrific manner he conducts business. I strongly believe that the NFL is grateful for any and every excuse to send this guy packing.
    Not really sure that's how the NFL ownership "club" works. For one thing, he's not personally a subject of any of the allegations. Secondly, he's still a billionaire and, despite not being relevant as a team for a generation now (with Snyder being arguably the biggest reason why), the Redskins have still somehow managed to become the 7th most valuable NFL franchise under his ownership anyway:

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

As the old saying goes, money talks and bullshit walks. And when you also factor in a clueless and spineless jellyfish of a commissioner, I strongly doubt he's going anywhere.

After all, we're no longer talking about the NFL of Art Rooney, Wellington Mara and Pete Rozelle - it's now the NFL of Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Its his team, he can run it how he wants- within labor laws and such. If his employees were harassed, they can sue his ass. If he is a bad owner, players won't want to be there. If he broke laws then prosecute. The thing is though, we can't just be taking away businesses from people who some deem as unworthy. Hell, if that was the case, then we gotta make the Bengals, Dolphins, and every other perennial loser sell too. See how stupid that is?
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Not really sure that's how the NFL ownership "club" works. For one thing, he's not personally a subject of any of the allegations. Secondly, he's still a billionaire and, despite not being relevant as a team for a generation now (with Snyder being arguably the biggest reason why), the Redskins have still somehow managed to become the 7th most valuable NFL franchise under his ownership anyway:

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

As the old saying goes, money talks and bullshit walks. And when you also factor in a clueless and spineless jellyfish of a commissioner, I strongly doubt he's going anywhere.

After all, we're no longer talking about the NFL of Art Rooney, Wellington Mara and Pete Rozelle - it's now the NFL of Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell.
    Not saying I agree with it but see Donald Sterling and Debartallo and Jerry Richardson and Marge Schott. Wasnt there an owner of the Rams they tried to force out? They tried for how long to get Al Davis out. When owners get too embarrassing -- leagues find a way to force them out.