Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Redskins Retire Redskins Name & Logo

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Washington Redskins Retire Redskins Name & Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not saying I agree with it but see Donald Sterling and Debartallo and Jerry Richardson and Marge Schott. Wasnt there an owner of the Rams they tried to force out? They tried for how long to get Al Davis out. When owners get too embarrassing -- leagues find a way to force them out.
    The severity of the ones you mentioned though was well beyond anything Snyder has personally done.

Schott and Sterling were throwing racist comments around. DeBartolo was corruption or something like that. I don’t remember exactly. Richardson was sexually harassing employees himself.

Snyder has just run a shitty organization. He hasn’t done anything directly himself or made racial comments to warrant being booted from the league. Unless I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The severity of the ones you mentioned though was well beyond anything Snyder has personally done.

Schott and Sterling were throwing racist comments around. DeBartolo was corruption or something like that. I don’t remember exactly. Richardson was sexually harassing employees himself.

Snyder has just run a shitty organization. He hasn’t done anything directly himself or made racial comments to warrant being booted from the league. Unless I missed something?
    I think that's spot on. I just wouldn't be surprised if they use it as a slim excuse to edge Snyder out. The fanbase wants it.

They likely won't because the other owners would be afraid that it would ease their exits...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It is funnier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I think "Washington Whatevers" is a perfect name .

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

The Nondescripts.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I know this has mostly turned into a joke thread, but can a team use the name Warriors and keep the Native American profile logo?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I know this has mostly turned into a joke thread, but can a team use the name Warriors and keep the Native American profile logo?
    I've been saying the same thing. Use Warriors and bring back the spear logo. Nothing racist about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I've been saying the same thing. Use Warriors and bring back the spear logo. Nothing racist about it.
    Whether we agree or disagree, the Washington Warriors would be likely fine -- but would need to ditch the logo. Kind of like how the Indians are moving off their mascot/logo. Most college teams have as well.

That assumes the franchise's goal is to come out with a zero controversy rebrand.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Whether we agree or disagree, the Washington Warriors would be likely fine -- but would need to ditch the logo. Kind of like how the Indians are moving off their mascot/logo. Most college teams have as well.

That assumes the franchise's goal is to come out with a zero controversy rebrand.
    I totally get why the racial slur of a nickname “Redskins” is offensive. Why is the logo offensive without the name? Indians could be offensive because many NAs hate that designation and always have. But a Native American as a logo shouldn’t be offensive in and of itself. Should it?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

The Indians ditched Chief Wahoo last year... much to the dismay of many of us. I know the current logo has to go, but the old spear they had years ago would/should be fine.

The Indians ditched Chief Wahoo last year... much to the dismay of many of us. I know the current logo has to go, but the old spear they had years ago would/should be fine.
    Got confused about which Washington Logo. That one should work? I think the Braves still use the tomahawk without too much hullabaloo.

That franchise is such a hopeless dumpster fire anyways. Maybe they can just use a dumpster fire as their logo?

Got confused about which Washington Logo. That one should work? I think the Braves still use the tomahawk without too much hullabaloo.

That franchise is such a hopeless dumpster fire anyways. Maybe they can just use a dumpster fire as their logo?
    Which? The Indians or the Braves?

Which? The Indians or the Braves?
    I was thinking the Washington Warriors with that spear logo should be fine (which I think that you and others were suggesting). Or at least equivalent to the Indians or Braves or Seminoles.

But, I still think that the franchise is going to land on something that is "non-controversial" and will have been designed by a committee of lawyers. So it will be awful!

I was thinking the Washington Warriors with that spear logo should be fine (which I think that you and others were suggesting). Or at least equivalent to the Indians or Braves or Seminoles.

But, I still think that the franchise is going to land on something that is "non-controversial" and will have been designed by a committee of lawyers. So it will be awful!
    Yea, unfortunately. There is no reason to not keep the Native American theme. It is not disrespectful... in fact it's the opposite. This whole thing is way out of hand.

Yea, unfortunately. There is no reason to not keep the Native American theme. It is not disrespectful... in fact it's the opposite. This whole thing is way out of hand.
    I think that is the main point of my last question. Why is something Native American offensive?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

How about they just rename them the Washington Redkins?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Their new nickname is offensive, to professional football teams

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Their new nickname is offensive, to professional football teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Off topic: what the hell is a Kraken?
    A mythological sea creature so unstoppable that once unleashed, it would wreak havoc endlessly... because, even the Gods could not stop it.

Senior Member Array title="mark0933 is on a distinguished road">
    Bully Basher Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A mythological sea creature so unstoppable that once unleashed, it would wreak havoc endlessly... because, even the Gods could not stop it.
    Who thought that was a good name, really. Radio pundits have been rolling out quips all afternoon. The arena will be the crack house, the fans will be crackheads or crackers, if they had cheerleaders, you can guess where it would go. The logo is lame, the colors are the same as the Tennesee Titans (or as one person said, a tube of toothpaste (Crest))

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark0933 View Post
    Who thought that was a good name, really. Radio pundits have been rolling out quips all afternoon. The arena will be the crack house, the fans will be crackheads or crackers, if they had cheerleaders, you can guess where it would go. The logo is lame, the colors are the same as the Tennesee Titans (or as one person said, a tube of toothpaste (Crest))
    Their mascot will be named Mybutt.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post