Thread: Jim Trotter: ‘Bill Nunn Belongs’ In The Hall Of Fame, ‘And This Is The Year’

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Jim Trotter: ‘Bill Nunn Belongs’ In The Hall Of Fame, ‘And This Is The Year’

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Jim Trotter: ‘Bill Nunn Belongs’ In The Hall Of Fame, ‘And This Is The Year’

Well he was a key part in assembling what has to be the most talent-laden roster in NFL history

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Jim Trotter: ‘Bill Nunn Belongs’ In The Hall Of Fame, ‘And This Is The Year’

I think it would be a very well deserved honor.

He was doing things and finding talent in areas and in ways that had never been done before. He also really understood talent, and was genius when it came to identifying elite talent that could translate to NFL football.

I would love to see this happen.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

No brainer

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He deserves it almost as much as Dan Rooney who is already there. Those 2 were integral for the 1970s Steelers just like Chuck Noll and Joe Greene.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think it would be a very well deserved honor.

He was doing things and finding talent in areas and in ways that had never been done before. He also really understood talent, and was genius when it came to identifying elite talent that could translate to NFL football.

I would love to see this happen.
    Shouldn't he also get a "bump" for looking for talent in traditionally ignored places such as HBCs or is my.memory failing... again?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He helped to sandbag Johnny Stallworth who was key to beating the Rams in 1979.

All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

should have been first ballot into steelers hall ....without him many of who have gotten into the steelers hall and the pro hall in canton would not be there or may be there with a different organization
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Shouldn't he also get a "bump" for looking for talent in traditionally ignored places such as HBCs or is my.memory failing... again?

Of course. That's what I was referencing in my first sentence of the second paragraph.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Of course. That's what I was referencing in my first sentence of the second paragraph.
    Cool. I was just asking because Nunn predates my personal fandom. That era is super fascinating and I was checking to see if I had it right.