Thread: All 18 Steelers who will become unrestricted free agents after 2020

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

All 18 Steelers who will become unrestricted free agents after 2020

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/ga...d-free-agents/

This is quite a list. The best of which are:

Dupree - Will cost the tag amount. The Steelers could have let him walk, and taken a 3rd round comp pick but choose to give him the franchise tag.
    Heyward - Still at the top of is game, he means a lot in the locker room too.
    Villaneuva - The only man proven to play left tackle to a certain level is aging and slipping.
    Feiler - An under valued starting Right tackle who still young, he will be in demand. Hate to lose these types
    Hilton - A very good and cheap slot corner won't be cheap anymore
    Ju-ju - I ponder what the 49ers would have offered the Steelers via trade. 2nd round of better, I say deal. Its clear we need to re-load
    Conner - In his contract year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: All 18 Steelers who will become unrestricted free agents after 2020

Deja vu anyone?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Deja vu anyone?
    Yup, the sky is falling because Feiler and AV will be gone and Pouncey is over 30.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yup, the sky is falling because Feiler and AV will be gone and Pouncey is over 30.
    JuJu up for trade again...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

A beaver walks into a bar. The groundhog looks up and says, “Crap... not this again!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A beaver walks into a bar. The groundhog looks up and says, “Crap... not this again!!!

I'm not sure...but I think I may have seen about 186 other threads that have been started with similar malice toward the team. It's almost as if someone is trying to create a false narrative or maybe has an agenda.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

It feels like at least 5 years since I have seen this.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

It feels like at least 5 years since I have seen this.
    It's definitely a classic.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Do you really think the Steelers can re-sign everyone? The list has 5 pro bowl players and two other good ones. The Steelers might be able to re-sign 3 or 4 of the 7 highlighted players. Now keep in mind Teegre, the Steelers will have 18 unrestricted free agents in 2020. The depth will be razor-thin as well.

This is our last season to make the super bowl. After that, its downhill for a while.

A deer in the headlights walks into a bar...

Dupree - Will cost the tag amount. The Steelers could have let him walk, and taken a 3rd round comp pick but choose to give him the franchise tag.
    Heyward - Still at the top of is game, he means a lot in the locker room too.
    Villaneuva - The only man proven to play left tackle to a certain level is aging and slipping.
    Feiler - An under valued starting Right tackle who still young, he will be in demand. Hate to lose these types
    Hilton - A very good and cheap slot corner won't be cheap anymore
    Ju-ju - I ponder what the 49ers would have offered the Steelers via trade. 2nd round of better, I say deal. Its clear we need to re-load
    Conner - In his contract year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Say Hilton leaves. I enjoy watching Hilton play more than Sutton, but Sutton might be a noticeably better coverage corner. Additionally, the UDFA out of Miami may be Hilton 2.0.

The OL has been covered ad infinitum. And while a plan does not mean success, there are planned successors at every position on the OL but Center. And there is another off-season player acquisition cycle before that becomes a total nightmare.

At OLB, Toledo Alphabet Soup, Tupac, and Small School Wonderkid are the plan for replacing Dupree. I of the 3 has to step up and emerge as a bookend for Watt. If not, that will be the 2021 1st round pick. Again, not a sure thing but there is an in house replacement.

If JuJuj leaves, DJ, Washington, and Claypool are a raw and not necessarily imposing group, but they appear capable. Add Cain and some other window dressing to that, and it would be workable.

If Conner leaves, there is Maryland Booger and Snell. Considering that many argue that RB is the easiest position to replace, if they need more they can find more.

Heyward is the only one on that list without a clear successor (maybe Buggs?). So he is the priority resign. Which is exactly what they have said.

So one can be an optimist and see that there is an outline of a plan for roster turnover or one can be a poopy pants and throw out the same stale poop on 4 dozen threads.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Soooo, this guy has progressed from starting new threads wherein he repeats himself... to now, where he repeats himself in the same thread. Bwahahaha!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

1. The Steelers valued a WR as their first pick in the 2020 draft. Why would they trade away their best WR(JuJu) from the team if strengthening the position was the priority?

2. Defensive FAs and Offensive FAs need separate conversations. There will be no decisions made of EITHER Heyward OR AV.

3. The truth in all of this is that the Steelers may lose both Conner and JuJu after this season. Both are positions the Steelers have drafted well over the years though.

4. I don't believe Dupree is even a discussion topic right now. IF he plays up to last season's production there is no way he re-signs as a Steeler, he will get a BIG payday from another team. IF he does not play up to production he will be allowed to walk in FA most likely. No point in even discussing the future of Dupree yet.
    Feiler can be considered a non-topic for now as well. Who knows how those discussions will go?

5. As MojoUW posted, Heyward is the defensive priority next offseason.

6. AV will be the offensive priority next offseason.

7. I would love to keep both Hilton and Sutton. Maybe that can happen depending on the salary cap increase and what-not. But one will be kept, of that I am fairly certain.

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    6. AV will be the offensive priority next offseason.
    AV won't be a priority next offseason, replacing him will be. He's clearly on the slide. I doubt there will be much demand for him, and if we need to squeeze another season out of him, he should be affordable.