Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar Jackson is Kordell Stewart with more media coverage. Change my mind

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Lamar Jackson is Kordell Stewart with more media coverage. Change my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And that was because Stewart was coached in both the NCAA and the NFL to stay in the pocket and "run the offense". Now, he would be encouraged to run. The offense would be simplified and streamlined to hide his flaws. Stewart was a square peg in a round hole. Now, the NCAA and the NFL has finally realized that you will have more success changing the shape of the system rather than way a guy plays in some scenarios.

I am not arguing that Stewart would/could be great or anything. But if he was almost/kinda/sorta a viable starting QB in a system that really didn't cater to his skills...what would he be if he was put in a system that highlighted his positive traits and hid his flaws?

I would have to go back and watch highlights/lowlights...but how much worse of a passer was Stewart than Josh Allen? Just going by college and pro completion percentages...they are a push until this year by Allen. But Allen is only a few percentage points better and plays in a pass wacky era with a system specifically tailored to him.
    Ray Sherman told Kordell to stop playing “black”. Sherman took away Kordell’s best asset (his legs).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ray Sherman told Kordell to stop playing “black”. Sherman took away Kordell’s best asset (his legs).
    Good Lord. That's awful. On both a football and human level.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Saying bullshit like that to another human being is beyond comprehension.....WTF???

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Seriously. It's amazing the ridiculous amount of media hype he gets. Unanimous mvp from simply running through wide open holes was a joke. Should be noted that Baltimore was ranked behind the bears in terms of passing yards and Baltimore didn't win a game after trailing by 7. Endless media attention from the media being dazzled by his ability to run fast
    I do not recall Kordell throwing his teammates or coaches under the bus.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Jackson isn't a passing QB At all. He's on the perfect team for him that runs the ball very well and plays good defense, which allows the Ravens to win with 180 passing yards or so. If Jackson is behind and had to pass, he's an average QB. Jackson takes his WR's out of the game. Given the punishment he takes, I do not he will be be on top of his game for long.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

That throwing motion of his to me is a problem and, he throws too many side-arm passes even when he does not have to.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep, a full 2020 season played and this still holds up. He's an electrifying runner with an OC who does great with running QBs. He's not gonna win by passing consistently. Though I do hope he is ok (from the concussion)

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

This post aged very well (because it's true).

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

This is why I'm not buying into the hype of it being necessary having a mobile QB to win a championship. Majority of these 'mobile' QB's are right now home watching the playoffs. The only ones left are Mahomes and Allen (I don't know if we can consider Rodgers anymore at his age), and they're still in it not so much due to their running ability, but their ability to sling it

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I just hope it turns out to be true.
    Looking good.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    This is why I'm not buying into the hype of it being necessary having a mobile QB to win a championship. Majority of these 'mobile' QB's are right now home watching the playoffs. The only ones left are Mahomes and Allen (I don't know if we can consider Rodgers anymore at his age), and they're still in it not so much due to their running ability, but their ability to sling it
    I disagree, you do need a "mobile" QB to win today, but a "running" QB (like Lamar) isn't winning you anything. To me Mahomes, Mayfield, Allen and even still Rodgers are mobile enough to scramble and throw on the run accurately. I'd much rather have a QB like them that can sprint out to a side but are STILL looking to throw first and only run (efficiently) when they have to.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I disagree, you do need a "mobile" QB to win today, but a "running" QB (like Lamar) isn't winning you anything. To me Mahomes, Mayfield, Allen and even still Rodgers are mobile enough to scramble and throw on the run accurately. I'd much rather have a QB like them that can sprint out to a side but are STILL looking to throw first and only run (efficiently) when they have to.
    This! Need to be able to move of the initial set up spot, get to another, and make a play.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

This guy used to throw accurately while on the run

https://youtu.be/cb1WfQNnnNY

I think he won his last super bowl doing things like this

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

A mobile QB is important. A QB who is only capable of running the ball and can't throw consistently ain't winning you anything

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    This guy used to throw accurately while on the run

https://youtu.be/cb1WfQNnnNY

I think he won his last super bowl doing things like this
    No one is questioning that Ben USED to be able to do that, but he simply cannot anymore. The last Superbowl he won doing that was 13 years ago.