Thread: CBS Sportsline Lists Steelers CB Joe Haden In Their Top-10

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

CBS Sportsline Lists Steelers CB Joe Haden In Their Top-10

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: CBS Sportsline Lists Steelers CB Joe Haden In Their Top-10

Oh man Jalen Ramsey is gonna be pissed. lol. Honestly I would put Ramsey and White ahead of Haden.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

They listed the wrong Steelers CB.

Steven Nelson was a top 5 corner last year. He never gets enough credit. He gave up zero TDs and had the same catch percentage against as White and Gilmore. He just had less interceptions personally. But he helped facilitate the defense with the most sacks and most forced turnovers with his lockdown coverage.

I have no idea why he gets so overlooked by the media and non-Steelers fans.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

Steven Nelson was a top 5 corner last year. He never gets enough credit. He gave up zero TDs and had the same catch percentage against as White and Gilmore. He just had less interceptions personally. But he helped facilitate the defense with the most sacks and most forced turnovers with his lockdown coverage.

^^^THIS^^^

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think the only questionable game that Nelson had was against the Colts...and his game wasn’t terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I guess I shouldn’t complain when one of our players is overlooked and under appreciated by the media.

I don’t really want the media realizing that Steven Nelson deserves Jalen Ramsey money. We have enough well known super stars to pay. It’s probably good to keep some under the radar. lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I guess I shouldn’t complain when one of our players is overlooked and under appreciated by the media.

I don’t really want the media realizing that Steven Nelson deserves Jalen Ramsey money. We have enough well known super stars to pay. It’s probably good to keep some under the radar. lol
    Indeed... under the radar.

That said, even if Nelson got a ton of attention, he seems to have a different mindset that Ramsey. For example, Nelson referred to Haden as Batman and to himself as Robin. Ramsey would neeeeeeever talk about himself as the sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Indeed... under the radar.

That said, even if Nelson got a ton of attention, he seems to have a different mindset that Ramsey. For example, Nelson referred to Haden as Batman and to himself as Robin. Ramsey would neeeeeeever talk about himself as the sidekick.
    Yeah, that’s another reason to love Nelson... and really this defense in general. A bunch of incredibly talented, hard working, but UNSELFISH players.

It really makes me happy when I hear them in interviews talking about how much fun they have playing with each other. They are such a great cohesive unit.

Minkah ALWAYS talks about how playing for the Steelers is the most fun he’s ever experienced in his football life. He loves the way they communicate and make each other better.

And for all the legitimate criticism Tomlin may take, you HAVE to give him (and Colbert) tons of credit for putting this defense together. Not just the talent but the lunch pale personalities.

And when I hear interviews from the players talking about Tomlin, they genuinely love and respect their head coach. He’s fostered a great environment for them. Their play for him last year was no fluke.

Tomlin might not always be the best situational strategist, but he is an excellent leader of men. If he has the right coordinators, he’s exactly what you want in a head coach.