Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banner Looks the Part of Starting RT

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Banner Looks the Part of Starting RT

Week 1 Blog: Banner named starting right tackle

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-1...-is-all-smiles
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Bit of a drag. I bet he is done with ACL and Wisniewski will be a torn pec. Hope the news it better, but have a bad feeling by the looks of both of them.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Bit of a drag. I bet he is done with ACL and Wisniewski will be a torn pec. Hope the news it better, but have a bad feeling by the looks of both of them.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I feel for Banner. He worked his ass off to be the starter. Hopefully it's not too severe and can return.

Depth took a hit tonight.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If MOJOUW was in charge, the line for Denver (and potentially the rest of the year) would look like this:

AV/Dotson/Pouncey/DeCastro/Feiler.

Chuks is the OT reserve with Hassenuar dressing again and Gray getting called up from the PS.

I guess an alternative scenario is that you keep Feiler at LG and insert Chuks at RT with Gray coming up from the PS to serve as the swing OT.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Justin Britt, former Seahawks starting center is a FA, tore his ACL last October, he worked out for the Packers a week ago. He would provide C/G depth.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I guess an alternative scenario is that you keep Feiler at LG and insert Chuks at RT with Gray coming up from the PS to serve as the swing OT.
    My guess is this

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If MOJOUW was in charge, the line for Denver (and potentially the rest of the year) would look like this:

AV/Dotson/Pouncey/DeCastro/Feiler.

Chuks is the OT reserve with Hassenuar dressing again and Gray getting called up from the PS.

So right after this was posted, someone called in to the post game show and said the same thing.

Moj, stay off the radio!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So right after this was posted, someone called in to the post game show and said the same thing.

Moj, stay off the radio!
    I have not yet done radio. I certainly have the looks for it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    My guess is this
    Agreed, AV, Feiler and Pouncey going to stay. DeCastro is back at RG when healthy(Dotson until then) and Chukks moves in at RT. Does Derwin Gray or Jarron Jones get signed to active roster if Banner is on IR? I really dont know who the next guy up from the PS is.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I feel terrible for Banner. He did everything he could to prepare himself to earn that starting spot. He put in the work to finally win a starting job in the NFL.....and that happens.

I hope that somehow he didn't destroy his knee, but everything about the look of the situation tells you that he's done. He was obviously emotionally crushed, and the reaction of his teammates certainly makes you think he's done for the year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It sucks if it’s serious...which it definitely looks the part. It sucks even more that Wisnewski May be out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

OK. So no one was leaked the MRI results yet then. Because the report from Twitter is the exact same report we all made from our couch last night.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Banner Looks the Part of Starting RT

Tomlin has only gone so far as to say that Banner is out this week, still awaiting scans. More favorable outcomes should be expected for Wisnewski and Conner...he’s “keeping the lights on” for those guys.

Steelers are signing Jerald Hawkins to the active roster off of practice squad of the Texans

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/re...ractice-squad/

Pretty much tells you everything you need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Steelers are signing Jerald Hawkins to the active roster off of practice squad of the Texans

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/re...ractice-squad/
    Steelers are really leaning into the whole "not a lot of practice time to get guys up to speed" thing. Dobbs, Davis, Hawkins...

...Also if Colbert keeps trading guys for picks and then just resigning them a year later...maybe he starts a new trend?

Senior Member Array title="Squeegee Thompson has a brilliant future"> Squeegee Thompson's Avatar

I'm gonna take the glass-half-full approach on this one. Yeah, it sucks for Banner - I was really pulling for him, but he was in a tight battle with Chuks for the starting gig. Okorafor may turn out to be the better option in the long run - now's his shot.

I'm more concerned with DeCastro. With Pouncey winding down his career in a hurry, DeCastro is the straw that stirs the drink on the O-line. They desperately need him back in there mauling DTs and LBs. If the ground game continues to struggle, I'd love to see DeCastro and Dotson at RG / LG, respectively moving people backwards.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee Thompson View Post
    I'm gonna take the glass-half-full approach on this one. Yeah, it sucks for Banner - I was really pulling for him, but he was in a tight battle with Chuks for the starting gig. Okorafor may turn out to be the better option in the long run - now's his shot.

I'm more concerned with DeCastro. With Pouncey winding down his career in a hurry, DeCastro is the straw that stirs the drink on the O-line. They desperately need him back in there mauling DTs and LBs. If the ground game continues to struggle, I'd love to see DeCastro and Dotson at RG / LG, respectively moving people backwards.
    Connor struggled......Benny didn’t.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Connor struggled......Benny didn’t.
    He only sees things he wants, the rest mysteriously disappears