Thread: Biggest Butts in Steelers History: NT Casey Hampton

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Biggest Butts in Steelers History: NT Casey Hampton

Now this may not be as good as the thong thread, but if we have a "Biggest Busts" thread, we might as well take the logical next step.

Casey Hampton may not have had a particularly large or misshapen posterior for a man of his stature - but his size alone gives him a compelling argument for the #1 spot on any list. Officially listed at 325 pounds for most of his career, many believe that is a conservative estimate, especially during training camps and offseason workouts (see bottom photo).

By comparison, William "Refrigerator" Perry was officially listed at 335 pounds, but was acknowledged off the record to be closer to 375 pounds, with a peak weight of 390, and reportedly as much as 408 pounds during one in-game commentary. Similarly, former Packers defensive tackle Gilbert Brown was listed at 340 pounds, but later admitted to being at least 375 and was rumored to be over 400. Ravens/Browns lineman Terrance Cody was listed as 349 pounds, but reportedly was frequently north of 400. Hampton may not have been quite on that level, but he was certainly not too far off.

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Biggest Butts in Steelers History: NT Casey Hampton

Great thread!! The logical evolution of negatively singling out draft busts, to positively celebrating low center of gravity.

Off hand I think Keydrick Vincent and Trai Essex might get some honorable mention, but there needs to be more research done.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I wonder if Alameda Ta'amu counts - did he ever play in a real game? But there was a very large individual.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Biggest Butts in Steelers History: NT Casey Hampton

Who is going to admit to being the resident “assman”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Who is going to admit to being the resident “assman”?
    I'm willing to bet @teegre is this boards Fusili Jerry.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think Hargrave was a big butt, even though he wasn't a first rounder.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

If I could step into a time machine, and go back to my freshman year in high school, I’d make honorable mention.
    I attended an all boys Catholic high school and one of my teachers called me the “Crisco Kid,” “fat in the can.”
    Don’t think a teacher could get away with that now.

Senior Member Array title="hwalker84 will become famous soon enough">

I was so confused about how Casey Hampton was a bust... LOL

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'm willing to bet @teegre is this boards Fusili Jerry.

Now, another seemingly likely candidate for this award would have been Chris Kemoeatu, who at 345 pounds was officially even heavier than Casey Hampton. But I have to say, for a man that large, he did not really have a big rear end. In fact, kind of the opposite.

Few pictures are readily available without typing in searches that I really don't want to, but given his size, he may have been the ultimate rarity in Steelers history: A "butt bust." I'll let you be the judge:

See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think Hargrave was a big butt, even though he wasn't a first rounder.
    So true, somehow we all missed that obvious mention. I recall his Combine field drills and the NFL Network crew mentioned his low center of gravity. I think Primetime made mention of his trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Now, another seemingly likely candidate for this award would have been Chris Kemoeatu, who at 345 pounds was officially even heavier than Casey Hampton. But I have to say, for a man that large, he did not really have a big rear end. In fact, kind of the opposite.

Few pictures are readily available without typing in searches that I really don't want to, but given his size, he may have been the ultimate rarity in Steelers history: A "butt bust." I'll let you be the judge:

Not sure I really classify Kemo as a big butt, or a bust. Maybe his boiler overshadowed his posterior, but I think he had a large frame and width, but not volume of gluteus. He didn't even have the largest butt in his draft class, as I think Trai Essex beats him there. Also for a 6th round pick to start and play 7 NFL seasons, I cant call him a bust.

I think we have to mention Max Starks. Later in his career he packed on some weight I think, where as his early years he was a bit more trim. Kind of like young Elvis Pressley vs Old Elvis.

Also, Chris Scott from Tennessee might get mention, but I don't know if he ever made a 53 man roster, but I seem to remember him having some junk in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Not sure I really classify Kemo as a big butt, or a bust. Maybe his boiler overshadowed his posterior, but I think he had a large frame and width, but not volume of gluteus. He didn't even have the largest butt in his draft class, as I think Trai Essex beats him there. Also for a 6th round pick to start and play 7 NFL seasons, I cant call him a bust.

I think we have to mention Max Starks. Later in his career he packed on some weight I think, where as his early years he was a bit more trim. Kind of like young Elvis Pressley vs Old Elvis.

Also, Chris Scott from Tennessee might get mention, but I don't know if he ever made a 53 man roster, but I seem to remember him having some junk in the trunk.
    "Butt bust" wasn't supposed to mean Kemo was a bust, or that he had a big butt. It was that you would expect a man that size to have a huge ass, but he had a kind of small one. His butt was a bust. As a player, he was ok, I guess.

Chris Scott did make it in a few games, but I don't remember what he looked like, just that I was relieved it was the "other" Scott in the game, not Jonathan.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    "Butt bust" wasn't supposed to mean Kemo was a bust, or that he had a big butt. It was that you would expect a man that size to have a huge ass, but he had a kind of small one. His butt was a bust. As a player, he was ok, I guess.

Chris Scott did make it in a few games, but I don't remember what he looked like, just that I was relieved it was the "other" Scott in the game, not Jonathan.
    Ahhh, I understand now. Thanks for clarification. So Kemo was underrepresented in his lower body ballast. I'll agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well, someone had to do it.

Nah, this version's more entertaining, man

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I never really noticed his butt, but having met him in person, I can tell you that Hampton’s head, is not of this world. I’m not sure how they ever made a helmet that that melon would fit in.