Thread: NFL failed miserably with pass interference replay, Troy Vincent says

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL failed miserably with pass interference replay, Troy Vincent says

For the first time in 2019, pass interference was reviewable on replay. That worked so poorly that in 2020, it won’t be. And NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent says the NFL needs to learn from its mistake.

Vincent told Peter King for Football Morning in America that the league has to be better prepared to make significant changes than it was when it made that change.

“We saw, a year ago, when [the pass-interference rule] played out, starting with myself, what we put in place last year . . . Those outcomes were not good for professional football. Because we didn’t do the proper due diligence, it played out publicly. The last thing people should be talking about is the way the game is officiated. They [officials] should be faceless objects, managing and facilitating game flow,” Vincent said. “We failed. I’m first in line. I shared that [with league officials]. I failed, as the leader of that department. I failed. We cannot allow that to happen again. What did we learn from that? We’ve got to do our due diligence. You can’t rush and just shove something in there without knowing all the consequences. And we found that out last year, live and in action, publicly. We didn’t do [our due diligence] last year, and we failed, and we failed miserably.”

read more

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-vincent-says/

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: NFL failed miserably with pass interference replay, Troy Vincent says

In other words it's a way to control the way a game may turn and they don't want that control to change.
    There were lots of examples of when those calls should have been reversed and nothing was done. Bottom line is they want to keep that control to change games.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I remember the official in charge specifically say that he would not overturn any PI call on the field. This rule was doomed from the start if that was indeed the case.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

In an effort to not get made fun of on the internet and twitter each week; the NFL got made fun of more.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    In an effort to not get made fun of on the internet and twitter each week; the NFL got made fun of more.

The NFL has Six Rings Syndrome. They say and do dumbass things, and then wonder why things they do don't work...and why people mock them and make fun of them.

They get nearly everything wrong, but refuse to listen to outside voices that are telling them that most of their decisions are laughably bad. They continue to be tone deaf, and they continue to make bad decisions and use horrible judgement.