Thread: Which head coach has the best chance to win his 1st Super Bowl in 2020?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Which head coach has the best chance to win his 1st Super Bowl in 2020?

Nine current NFL head coaches have won a Super Bowl: Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Jon Gruden, John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Doug Pederson, Andy Reid and Mike Tomlin. But what about the other 23 guys who are seeking the elusive Lombardi Trophy?

Houston's Bill O'Brien and Minnesota's Mike Zimmer are the longest-tenured head coaches still searching for a Lombardi Trophy, having led their respective teams for six seasons. Ringless Ron Rivera is set to begin his 10th season as an NFL head coach, albeit with a new organization in Washington. Bruce Arians and Dan Quinn have each logged five seasons as an NFL head coach, and 18 others are either relatively young in their head-coaching careers or just starting out

So, which head coach has the best chance to win his first Super Bowl in the upcoming season?

read more

https://www.nfl.com/news/which-nfl-h...rst-super-bowl

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Re: Which head coach has the best chance to win his 1st Super Bowl in 2020?

Matt Canada gets my vote

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

First SuperBowl? I will have to go with Zimmer. He's actually a very good coach. I don't know about the other HC duties but he's still a football coach. The Vikings have a pretty good defense and run game. With a little improvement in the passing game and some football 'luck', I could see the Vikings being a dangerous team in the playoffs.

I would say Shanahan but we have seen his offenses turtle a bit in playoff play. I like the guy as a coach and offensive mind but he's headed into the 'Marty Schottenheimer' realm when it comes to the playoffs.

The Arians/Brady Tampa team is intriguing. Solid talent, should be explosive offensively, and this team is going to be the media darlings this season. I just don't know if defensively they can stay competitive in the NFC South.

The article talks about O'Brien but neglects to mention Mike Vrabel and Frank Reich. I will put both of these teams over the Texans going into the 2020 season. A lot of good coaches on these 2 staffs and should be solid all-around football teams. As much as I do like Watson I think the Texans are currently imploding and will not make the playoffs.

Sean McDermott is another candidate that has built a solid football team. That said, until he actually beats the Patriots for the division I just don't see it.

This article brings up an interesting discussion topic. Thanks for posting. I hope it grows some legs.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have to go with Shanahan, even with his issues in the Super Bowl. Shanahan overall is the best coach of all the coaches with no Super Bowls. Other candidates that I decided not to pick

Vrabel is an interesting candidate because I like his coaching ability, I'm just not sure they did enough to improve and offset the losses

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I have to go with Shanahan, even with his issues in the Super Bowl. Shanahan overall is the best coach of all the coaches with no Super Bowls. Other candidates that I decided not to pick

Vrabel is an interesting candidate because I like his coaching ability, I'm just not sure they did enough to improve and offset the losses
    Vrabel and the Titans really are an interesting team right now. They made the AFCCG and really went toe to toe with the Chiefs. BUT, DC Pees retired after that game and I don't think Vrabel has named his new DC yet so that is flapping in the wind right now too. I think he has built one of the league's most under-rated OL and WR corps, and this season will go as Tannehill and Henry go.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Kyle Shanahan and Bruce Arians have the best chance for 2020.For the last super bowl, Jimmy G deserves way more heat than Shanahan for the awful 4th quarter offense.

Bill O'Brien is way more likely to be fired after 2020 that winning a super bowl in his life!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Which head coach has the best chance to win his 1st Super Bowl in 2020?

Frank Reich in 2022. Will be impossible to answer this question until then as that “bum” Mike Tomlin will steal back to back championships in 2020 and 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Frank Reich in 2022. Will be impossible to answer this question until then as that “bum” Mike Tomlin will steal back to back championships in 2020 and 2021.
    He's bringing back all those "Cowher players" out of retirement.