Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65

Thread: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a name known to all">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    809

    Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Thanks to a very easy schedule and Ben's return, the Steelers should make the playoffs. Therefore the window is open, and super bowl appearance is a possibility. I don't buy these 7-9 to 8-8 picks by the media for this coming season. I See 9-7 to 10-6.

    However come 2021, we've got serious issues on the OL

    Villanueva will be 32 in September, and he had a very poor 2019 getting flagged often and giving up sacks. No doubt the man's a hero, but his days of playing left tackle are almost over. More problematic is he's the lone proven player on the team capable of playing the Left Tackle position to the level the offense needs. What happens if he departs in free agency. Given he'll be 33 in Sept 202, I just can't see the Steelers offering him a three-year deal at the price he will be seeking. This could be his last year in Pittsburgh.

    Equally challenging will be replacing Pouncey, who also had a down year. I didn't see many of his trademark pulls in 2019, I saw him struggle to generate holes and getting pushed backward too often. Pouncey has said he's retiring when Ben is retiring. Decastro is still going strong, but he's getting up there in age. Wisniewski, age 31 is really a journeyman type of starter. A temporary patch solution for 1-3 seasons at most.

    Suddenly the OL is a major concern, and that is the Steelers fault. In the past 7 drafts, only one OL player was taken on day one or two ( First three rounds ) , and he's still a backup.

    It won't matter who is at Quarterback if the OL, who played poorly as a group goes from bad to worse.

    I don't know the Steelers were offered to trade Ju-Ju. Maybe they should have taken that deal, as he's likely a goner next year in free agency. A high 2nd or 1st for Ju-Ju...should have taken that deal and picked a Tackle.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    One year at a time .... The roster in the NFL can change every year, the same goes for strengths and weaknesses of a team .... 2020 is the only thing that matter right now .... I don't care about 2021.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,439

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Here we go again. Another round of patented Six Rings hot diarrhea nonsense.

    2021 OL: Chuks/Fieler/Draft Pick/Decastro/Banner with Dotson as the top interior reserve and Gray as the Swing tackle.

    Since all you’re doing is imagining scenarios; it is just as easy to be positive instead of your unique brand of stupid and doom and gloom.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    The NFL is not baseball where you need 4-5 years to become a true contender even if your management is great….Before 2017,the 49ers had nothing in their roster and 2 years later,they almost win the super bowl.Don't worry about the future, just focus on the present otherwise we will go crazy

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,705

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Here we go again. Another round of patented Six Rings hot diarrhea nonsense.

    2021 OL: Chuks/Fieler/Draft Pick/Decastro/Banner with Dotson as the top interior reserve and Gray as the Swing tackle.

    Since all you’re doing is imagining scenarios; it is just as easy to be positive instead of your unique brand of stupid and doom and gloom.
    I actually think Feiler is gonna go Chris Hubbard and move on in 2021. They will put a decent offer to Banner and he will play RT, but if he doesn't, then Gray can play RT.

    My opinion is the O line will look like Okorafor/Dotston/Pouncey/DeCastro/Banner …..top reserves Wisneiwski/Gray, Draft pick(Landon Dickerson, Ala) and Jarron Jones. Hey, wasn't there a thread last year about windows being closed?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,913

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    A beaver is walking through the woods, when he comes to a humongous river. He turns to a friend and says, “Dam.”

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,027

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Thanks to a very easy schedule and Ben's return, the Steelers should make the playoffs. Therefore the window is open, and super bowl appearance is a possibility. I don't buy these 7-9 to 8-8 picks by the media for this coming season. I See 9-7 to 10-6.

    However come 2021, we've got serious issues on the OL

    Villanueva will be 32 in September, and he had a very poor 2019 getting flagged often and giving up sacks. No doubt the man's a hero, but his days of playing left tackle are almost over. More problematic is he's the lone proven player on the team capable of playing the Left Tackle position to the level the offense needs. What happens if he departs in free agency. Given he'll be 33 in Sept 202, I just can't see the Steelers offering him a three-year deal at the price he will be seeking. This could be his last year in Pittsburgh.

    Equally challenging will be replacing Pouncey, who also had a down year. I didn't see many of his trademark pulls in 2019, I saw him struggle to generate holes and getting pushed backward too often. Pouncey has said he's retiring when Ben is retiring. Decastro is still going strong, but he's getting up there in age. Wisniewski, age 31 is really a journeyman type of starter. A temporary patch solution for 1-3 seasons at most.

    Suddenly the OL is a major concern, and that is the Steelers fault. In the past 7 drafts, only one OL player was taken on day one or two ( First three rounds ) , and he's still a backup.

    It won't matter who is at Quarterback if the OL, who played poorly as a group goes from bad to worse.

    I don't know the Steelers were offered to trade Ju-Ju. Maybe they should have taken that deal, as he's likely a goner next year in free agency. A high 2nd or 1st for Ju-Ju...should have taken that deal and picked a Tackle.

    I love how you say "the OL is a major concern, and that is the Steelers fault." That's called NFL football. They have been busy building up the defense and replacing a stud ILB that suffered a spinal injury, and an All-Pro WR that lost his mind. Very rarely is a team able to address all needs. They draft and they sign free agents, but there is a salary cap so it is nearly impossible to have a winning team and talented roster....and be able to pay everyone.

    So much for the Rooney family being cheap.....

    Now your big idea was to trade JuJu to get a high draft pick so they can draft a tackle???

    That would have created a hole at WR. Do you in any way understand that?

    This is how NFL football works. This isn't like college where you can recruit players at a position of need with no financial restrictions and be 4-deep at many positions on the team.

    Let's see what happens in 2020 first. The roster isn't even set. They can still sign players that will be cut from other teams for financial reasons during the preseason. The story of this season hasn't even been written, and you're already trying write next year's story. You have no clue what is going to happen between now and then.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Gender
    Posts
    11,439

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I actually think Feiler is gonna go Chris Hubbard and move on in 2021. They will put a decent offer to Banner and he will play RT, but if he doesn't, then Gray can play RT.

    My opinion is the O line will look like Okorafor/Dotston/Pouncey/DeCastro/Banner …..top reserves Wisneiwski/Gray, Draft pick(Landon Dickerson, Ala) and Jarron Jones. Hey, wasn't there a thread last year about windows being closed?
    That makes even more sense than my version. But really what I was going at was this is all nonsense.

    And, yes, we had this thread and exact same conversation before.

  9. #9
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,947

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A beaver is walking through the woods, when he comes to a humongous river. He turns to a friend and says, “Dam.”



  10. #10
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Thanks to a very easy schedule and Ben's return, the Steelers should make the playoffs. Therefore the window is open, and super bowl appearance is a possibility. I don't buy these 7-9 to 8-8 picks by the media for this coming season. I See 9-7 to 10-6.

    However come 2021, we've got serious issues on the OL

    Villanueva will be 32 in September, and he had a very poor 2019 getting flagged often and giving up sacks. No doubt the man's a hero, but his days of playing left tackle are almost over. More problematic is he's the lone proven player on the team capable of playing the Left Tackle position to the level the offense needs. What happens if he departs in free agency. Given he'll be 33 in Sept 202, I just can't see the Steelers offering him a three-year deal at the price he will be seeking. This could be his last year in Pittsburgh.

    Equally challenging will be replacing Pouncey, who also had a down year. I didn't see many of his trademark pulls in 2019, I saw him struggle to generate holes and getting pushed backward too often. Pouncey has said he's retiring when Ben is retiring. Decastro is still going strong, but he's getting up there in age. Wisniewski, age 31 is really a journeyman type of starter. A temporary patch solution for 1-3 seasons at most.

    Suddenly the OL is a major concern, and that is the Steelers fault. In the past 7 drafts, only one OL player was taken on day one or two ( First three rounds ) , and he's still a backup.

    It won't matter who is at Quarterback if the OL, who played poorly as a group goes from bad to worse.

    I don't know the Steelers were offered to trade Ju-Ju. Maybe they should have taken that deal, as he's likely a goner next year in free agency. A high 2nd or 1st for Ju-Ju...should have taken that deal and picked a Tackle.
    If Ben has a great 2020 season and our defense is elite, will the window be closed for 2021?

    We are talking about the window every year ... We must focus on the present year instead of being worried about the future ... The steelers have not had a losing season since 2003 but every year some are worried about the future even if in the NFL, you can bounce back very quickly if the management is good....

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Aloha State
    Gender
    Posts
    6,771

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A beaver is walking through the woods, when he comes to a humongous river. He turns to a friend and says, “Dam.”
    remember when everyone used to post beaver pics all the time?


  12. #12
    Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has much to be proud of">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Steelers Nation
    Posts
    2,345

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    While I agree our offensive line is not likely to be as good as is was a few years ago, I feel a lot better about it than I did before free agency and the draft. Wisinewski is a journeyman, but a very adept one whether he is starting or subbing. I also very much like Dotson. We clearly need to look to Pouncy's replacement but I think otherwise we will be ok.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,913

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    remember when everyone used to post beaver pics all the time?

    Thankfully, we have a member who keeps starting beaver threads.

  14. #14
    Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Posts
    17,073

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.




  15. #15
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,027

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Another shitty thread about the incompetence of the Steelers organization. Call me surprised.



  16. #16
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,913

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    A beaver walks into a bar and asks, “Is the bar tender here?”

  17. #17
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,027

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    What's a beaver's favorite snack?

    Wood chips

  18. #18
    Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Aloha State
    Gender
    Posts
    6,771

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.


  19. #19
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,027

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    As I sat there scratching my ass and spying on my neighbor washing her beaver, one thing crossed my mind.

    We have some really weird pets in my neighborhood.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    Posts
    10,913

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    As I sat there scratching my ass and spying on my neighbor washing her beaver, one thing crossed my mind.

    We have some really weird pets in my neighborhood.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Gender
    Posts
    2,416

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    So glad this thread turned into comedy. I was all set to be really annoyed.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Denver
    Gender
    Posts
    1,992

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Wasn’t it you SixRings, who started 20 threads about how the Steelers window was closed and needed a fire sale if they were ever going to have a chance ever again, now they have a shot this season? Make up your mind man!

  23. #23
    Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a name known to all">

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Posts
    809

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Here we go again. Another round of patented Six Rings hot diarrhea nonsense.

    2021 OL: Chuks/Fieler/Draft Pick/Decastro/Banner with Dotson as the top interior reserve and Gray as the Swing tackle.

    Since all you’re doing is imagining scenarios; it is just as easy to be positive instead of your unique brand of stupid and doom and gloom.
    It's becoming apparent to me that you're just a joe average fan, " Homer " which is fine. This isn't nonsense, it's a major problem for 2021. In 2020, I think we will have a winning season.


    The line you suggested would SUCK. Chucks wasn't close to beating out Fieler for the Right Tackle job last camp. The competiton was over in 2 weeks. We have no center. Well we had Finney, he's gone. DeCastro is great but aging....and Banner is way to slow to play left tackle. The fact that you put Banner at Left Tackle tells me you don't know what it takes to play left tackle. Dude, that is stupid. He's much better off at Right Tackle. The depth is an unproven rookie and a 7th round pick who didn't even dress last year. Ladies and Gentleman the Pittsburgh Steelers 2021 Offensive lineman going in to the 2021 draft.


    Like I said in the past seven draft we pick zero OL in round one and two, and just one player in round three. The OL starts almost half the offense. It was ignored. Age is upon us, and you bet your rear end the Steelers won't sign an impact-free agent at OL. One thing I forget to say. Losing Munchak as the OL coach hurt the team. He could plug and play back ups, and get them to perform to a point where they were not major liabilities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Another shitty thread about the incompetence of the Steelers organization. Call me surprised.



    For fun I might archive some threads for next year to say I told you so. Just let me know how you like your crow. Perhaps I didn't get the rose colored glasses when joining this forum. Some of you guys never take them off.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    focus on 2020....

  25. #25
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post




    For fun I might archive some threads for next year to say I told you so. Just let me know how you like your crow. Perhaps I didn't get the rose colored glasses when joining this forum. Some of you guys never take them off.
    If you want, I can show a comment that you were very wrong on the Tomlin thread that you created in January on Sean Payton …

    Just look at this(post 32)….

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Peyton is 8-6 in the playoffs, better than Tomlin's 8-7...and look for Peyton to add to his win total this year. Your right, the Saints have had some bad teams. Tomlin's teams on average had more talent. I can't recall the last team that had four all pros that finished 8-8.
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...-numbers/page2

    .Sean Payton has now the same record in the playoffs that Tomlin…

    For the 4 all-pro, how many of his teams had terrible QB in it?

  26. #26
    One bad JuJu Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute"> 43Hitman's Avatar
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Va
    Gender
    Posts
    7,160

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    I'm curious, what is everyone going to do when the window does shut? Choose another team? A lot of guys bitch and moan the whole year about this and that, and we're a pretty good team. So I'll ask again, what the hell are y'all going to do when they are really bad?


    To me, it just means I get to watch them rebuild a team and that's one of my favorite parts of being a fan. Sure I love the Superbowl victories, but I kind of like all the work being done to get there a little more. Because when you look back on how those teams were built and what decisions they made throughout the year(s), its always the little things that make the difference. I just think the media and fans in general put way to much emphasis on the "SB Window".






  27. #27
    Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Gender
    Posts
    22,947

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.


  28. #28
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I'm curious, what is everyone going to do when the window does shut? Choose another team? A lot of guys bitch and moan the whole year about this and that, and we're a pretty good team. So I'll ask again, what the hell are y'all going to do when they are really bad?


    To me, it just means I get to watch them rebuild a team and that's one of my favorite parts of being a fan. Sure I love the Superbowl victories, but I kind of like all the work being done to get there a little more. Because when you look back on how those teams were built and what decisions they made throughout the year(s), its always the little things that make the difference. I just think the media and fans in general put way to much emphasis on the "SB Window".
    100% agree

  29. #29
    Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    22,759

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    In the last 5 decades the steelers had their second worst decade since the 1970s in the 2010s but they still had the 3rd best record in the NFL in this decade .... Some are too spoiled and unable to experience bad times .... Teams like the Chiefs had to wait 50 long years before participating and winning the super bowl and in 2018, they had their first game at home in the AFC title game in their history and it was at this time only their 2nd AFC title game since 1970

    For some, 10 years without a super bowl or 1 AFC title games in 10 years is too painful and frustrating for them!

    I have learned over time that we have to live in the moment instead of being worried about the future!

  30. #30
    Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    Posts
    5,027

    Re: Our window is still open, just barely. 2021 is the year it slams shut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    For fun I might archive some threads for next year to say I told you so. Just let me know how you like your crow. Perhaps I didn't get the rose colored glasses when joining this forum. Some of you guys never take them off.

    You don't have to archive anything moron. The message board will still be here and still have every thread that happens in that time.

    We're all shaking in our boots with your threats to "archive some threads".

    Maybe I should put together a package of your most idiotic posts that can be gathered from your embarrassingly moronic catalog of Six Rings favorites. I'm not sure the message board has a capacity for that much raw sewage in one post, so that could be an issue. The administrator may need to be contacted to see if it is even possible.

    We have the last 50 years of the franchise to show that they do it as good or better than anyone ever has. Suck on that.

    We've already been going over all your crappy threads with wrong information. Or seeing you cut/paste from elsewhere and claim it as your own. You did it in your first post of this thread. Fourth paragraph, last two sentences. You can see the different font and size. It came from somewhere else, yet you claim it as your own when you didn't type it up from your own brain with your own thoughts.

    But don't worry, we are all keeping track of all your dumbass claims, theories, accusations, misinformation, and mountains of threads started by you do disparage the Steelers ownership, organization, head coach, and anything else Steelers related that chaffs your ass. You've already been identified as a clown because nobody can have a discussion with you. You say something, then people show you with facts that what you are claiming is incorrect....and you just pretend that evidence to show that you are wrong doesn't exist.

    You also refuse to even address posts that give real answers to your questions. You ignore all the comments that refute what you say, and move on to other commentary while declaring victory in the argument. Everyone is saying you are wrong. The facts and the links to those facts say that you are wrong. Then you get all butt hurt, abandon that thread where you are getting pummeled, and just start another negative thread.

    Here's a homework assignment for you. Evaluate what the Steelers have done from1970-2020 as a franchise. That's a 50 year span of NFL history. Compare what the Steelers have done as an organization to every other NFL franchise. Then come back here and try to show us how incompetent and inferior they have been to other franchises.

    We will all be waiting for you to lay it all out for us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •