Thread: Fans can enjoy the magic of Super Bowl XIV

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fans can enjoy the magic of Super Bowl XIV

The Steelers and the NFL have the perfect solution for sports starved fans.
    The NFL has opened the vault of past Steelers games, and during May and June those classic games will be featured in 'Game Rewinds' on digital and social media channels.

The Steelers 'Game Rewinds' will begin on Sunday, May 24, when fans can watch the Steelers win over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl XIV on their desktop or mobile device.

Coverage will begin at 6 p.m. on the Steelers Facebook page and YouTube channel.

https://www.steelers.com/news/fans-c...super-bowl-xiv

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Fans can enjoy the magic of Super Bowl XIV

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Steelers and the NFL have the perfect solution for sports starved fans.
    The NFL has opened the vault of past Steelers games, and during May and June those classic games will be featured in 'Game Rewinds' on digital and social media channels.

The Steelers 'Game Rewinds' will begin on Sunday, May 24, when fans can watch the Steelers win over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl XIV on their desktop or mobile device.

Coverage will begin at 6 p.m. on the Steelers Facebook page and YouTube channel.

https://www.steelers.com/news/fans-c...super-bowl-xiv
    Awesome, thanks for sharing 86!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It start now!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Still remember watching that game as it happened as a 12-year-old. I'm getting

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I remember watching it too but as a 5th grader. I remember my teachers talking about how Bradshaw didn't deserve MVP.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yep but I have you by a few years. Now you kids get off my lawn.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The one thing that really struck me was just how good our return game was. I also didn't realize the Rams had 2 of our ex- coaches, no wonder they played such a good game. In the end it was a Steelers win and that is all that matters.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm also a couple years older than you. I remember watching the first half of that game and seeing the Rams playing over their heads and the Steelers not able to get in sync.

In the second half they were able to fire it up and put away a game L.A. team.

I'm 15 at the time, and I had watched my team win four Super Bowls. It seemed so easy! After that Super Bowl, I knew that things were going to be different. The defense was old and no longer dominant. I knew that what I had been seeing was so special, but was coming to an end. I hoped for more, but that group of great players would never make it to the promised land again.

Great great memories!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The one thing that really struck me was just how good our return game was. I also didn't realize the Rams had 2 of our ex- coaches, no wonder they played such a good game. In the end it was a Steelers win and that is all that matters.
    Yeah watching Stallworth and Shell talk about the opposing coaches, I had to look that up. Bud Carson was the Rams' DC. He was huge in the development of the Steel Curtain defense. And Lionel Taylor was the Rams' receivers coach, formerly a Steelers receivers coach. I had no idea and now it makes sense but the Rams played their asses off.

Also, I knew Ham was out w/injury but didn't know Wagner was out as well for that game.

What an amazing amount of depth we had.

Dirt Winston - Lambert's backup but could play OLB
    JT Thomas - started at FS and played CB before that
    Jim Smith and Theo Bell - Some say they could have started on other teams.
    Steve Furness, John Banaszak, Gary Dunn - backups then rotated in and eventually started on the DL
    Loren Toews and Robin Cole - OLBs who were backups then eventually started
    Sidney Thornton - Had thighs like Robert Newhouse and Mama's stinky concoction for sprained ankles
    Larry Anderson - DB who was a good KR and was huge in XIV