Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd: Steelers Are No Longer a Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Colin Cowherd: Steelers Are No Longer a Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

Colin Cowherd: Steelers Are No Longer a Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

By Liam McKeone | May 19 2020

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/col...n-01e8q0p4ghx9

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Colin Cowherd: Steelers Are No Longer a Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

Lots of things will need to go wrong for the steelers to have a losing record and more than that….

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd: Steelers Are No Longer a Great Organization, Will Go 7-9 Next Season

Dude knows what will drive eyeballs and ears to his content. Take a team with a large national fanbase and then provide a "hawt taaaaakeee". BOOM! Instant ratings.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This just in: Colin Cowherd was never a great sports talk show host. His show is becoming more irrelevant so he needs to create buzz to get clicks.

I hate this "hot takes" crap more and more every day.

The steelers could be 7-9 or worse if Ben is washed or injured but if last year's defense is not a fluke (I don't expect the same number of turnovers but I still expect to be a great defense ) and that Ben is able to play at his level, it's at least a 10-6 team ...

- - - Updated - - -

another hot take

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The sports media has become as big of a joke as the political media

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah,especially the hot take as Cowherd,Skip Bayless and Adam Schein

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

A Lot of elevator music

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This just in: Colin Cowherd was never a great sports talk show host. His show is becoming more irrelevant so he needs to create buzz to get clicks.

I hate this "hot takes" crap more and more every day.
    Yep, our local network has stopped carrying his show.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    the media is like the dollar, the more of it there is, the less valuable or cheaper it gets....

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Tomlin may need to hand Ben an envelope now...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    A Lot of elevator music
    Hard to subscribe to this
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I love how nobody is even considering that Lamar Jackson may need to make adjustments to his game after the NFL has seen him play for an entire season. One good season in the NFL doesn't mean he will be a great QB. I know, you can't doubt him. He's the new anointed one.

I love how Baker Mayfield and the Browns seem to be rated as the Steelers equal or better.

Only Ben has to show that he can play football at a high level. You know, the only quarterback in the division that has actually been a great QB for 15 years.......

Bring it!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Adam Schein has become a bigger dope than he’s been in the past and that is a hard feat to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Adam Schein has become a bigger dope than he’s been in the past and that is a hard feat to accomplish.
    He is also a crazy homer!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He is also a crazy homer!
    Yeah and he’s always had a hatred for Ben and the Steelers. I think mostly he hates Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

REPORTER: Slow news day.

J.J.JAMESON: I heard COVID is a hawt tahpick.

REPORTER: It’s played out. People these days have attention-spans of 7 seconds.

J.J.JAMESON: The Steelers...

REPORTER: Go on.

J.J.JAMESON: The Steelers killed a busload of children!!!

REPORTER: Too much.

J.J.JAMESON: The Steelers are going to be worse with Big Ben!!!

REPORTER: I’ll go write it up right now.

J.J.JAMESON: Give it to Cowherd... the hack hasn’t had a good story in years.

Dunlap: National Punditry Wrong On Steelers

If I have heard it once, I have heard it about 10,000 times headed into this NFL season that will, well, get here at some point we all hope.

I guess it is fashionable --- or maybe their true opinion --- but I keep hearing how the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to, potentially, be worse than that 8-8 record they posted last season.

Adam Schein of CBS Sports and Sirius XM is one guy.

Colin Cowherd of FS1 and Fox Sports Radio is another.

There are plenty of people beating the drum, but they are two of the highest profile and, to be sure, two of the most recent.

Both of those gentlemen used their national platforms to try to sell to the masses a way in which Mike Tomlin will realize the first losing season he has had since becoming the big boss of the Steelers.

Their points? All well and good. Some of them made sense even --- especially the part about not knowing the health of Ben Roethlisberger and Tomlin, at times, being a bit frazzled and loose with his decision-making in the most crucial moments.

I’ll buy all that. Yeah, OK, I’ll buy some of it.

But I keep coming back to one thing: I can’t find a way to look at this whole situation and arrive at a place where the Pittsburgh Steelers --- largely with the same personnel as last season --- will have a worse record with Roethlisberger than they had without him.

I mean, it is just that simple.

Sounds like an elementary way to look at it, but how does a team get worse with a Hall of Fame guy coming back at the sport’s most important position?

read more

https://937thefan.radio.com/blogs/co...ng-on-steelers

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Man I can't wait for the Steelers to make the great so called experts eat a big crapburger after they win the whole freaking thing this year! Colin Coward should just get down one knee and, to Marry Brady.

If the Brown finish ahead of the steelers in the standing,it going to be the first time since 1989(The year that I was born)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the Brown finish ahead of the steelers in the standing,it going to be the first time since 1989(The year that I was born)
    Just be thankful that you missed losing to the Browns 51-0 on opening day that year...in Three Rivers Stadium.

Somehow the team rallied that season to make the playoffs and came within a point of making it to the AFCCG.

Mercifully, they bowed out in the divisional round against the Broncos, because the historically good 1989 49ers would have probably hung 70+ points on that year's Steelers squad had they managed to luck their way into making it to the SB.

However, 1989 still stands as one of Noll's better coaching jobs overall. But the first two weeks of that season (getting curbstomped by the Browns on opening day followed by a 41-10 shellacking by the Bengals in week 2) were particularly brutal.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Just be thankful that you missed losing to the Browns 51-0 on opening day that year...in Three Rivers Stadium.

Somehow the team rallied that season to make the playoffs and came within a point of making it to the AFCCG.

Mercifully, they bowed out in the divisional round against the Broncos, because the historically good 1989 49ers would have probably hung 70+ points on that year's Steelers squad had they managed to luck their way into making it to the SB.

However, 1989 still stands as one of Noll's better coaching jobs overall. But the first two weeks of that season (getting curbstomped by the Browns on opening day followed by a 41-10 shellacking by the Bengals in week 2) were particularly brutal.

I remember those games. Ugh that was rough. Of course back then they weren't on TV in Iowa very much. Had to wait for the papers and read the sports section. Kiddies now-a-days have no idea what I'm talking about when I refer to the sports section of the paper. The Saturday sports section of the USA Today was the best, all the NFL breakdowns were a kids delight. Man I miss the 80's.

The most impressive thing is that the steelers had beaten the Browns later in this season after losing 51-0 at home!

Their playoff win against Houston is easily one of the best playoffs win in steelers history in the seasons that the steelers have not won the super bowl.

BTW, the fact that the steelers have finished ahead of the Browns in the standing for 30 years now, it is easy to understand why the Browns are so obsessed with the steelers!

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I still haven't been able to get the taste out of my mouth from that game. Have never turned off a Steeler game in my life and this one was no exception. Ugh.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

If you really want these clowns to go away don't post their links. Good or bad comments don't matter all they care about is clicks. Be neutral and it hurts their cause. Posting links only furthers their clicks and they thrive for that. They aren't experts they're hacks.

Even if I don't always agree with Bucky Brooks, I respect the fact that he is not stubborn

What I hate on some media is not when they say negative things about the steelers but this is when they are stubborn and they are just there for the hot take, good or bad.