Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethlisberger Trims Beard After Throwing ‘First NFL Pass’ With Rehabbed Elbow

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Trims Beard After Throwing ‘First NFL Pass’ With Rehabbed Elbow

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    There are two headlines in this story.

1) Ben is mend and will be ready for the season.

2) Ryan Switzer made the team as of May 2020.
    I like Switzer as a person. I always root for him. And Ben loves him. I guess he can make the team. But does that put Super Man Caine on the PS?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    There are two headlines in this story.

1) Ben is mend and will be ready for the season.

2) Ryan Switzer made the team as of May 2020.
    I like Switzer as a person. I always root for him. And Ben loves him. I guess he can make the team. But does that put Super Man Caine on the PS?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Trims Beard After Throwing ‘First NFL Pass’ With Rehabbed Elbow

I still can't wait for the day that I wake up and read that Switzer and Dangerfield have been cut. I'm sure both are nice guys. Hard workers. Whatever. The NFL is a cruel Darwinian business. Both lack the fundamental physical abilities to play in the NFL.

I would far far far far far far rather the team carry someone like Cain or Amaroh Dabroh (whatever is name actually is that was a late season PS signing) or some other youngish size/speed lottery ticket at the WR position.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I like Switzer as a person. I always root for him. And Ben loves him. I guess he can make the team. But teros that put Super Man Caine on the PS?
    Possibly true. But the new roster rules which permit an additional two offensive lineman onto the game day roster could have some impact on position numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I like Switzer as a person. I always root for him. And Ben loves him. I guess he can make the team. But teros that put Super Man Caine on the PS?
    Possibly true. But the new roster rules which permit an additional two offensive lineman onto the game day roster could have some impact on position numbers.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I still can't wait for the day that I wake up and read that Switzer and Dangerfield have been cut. I'm sure both are nice guys. Hard workers. Whatever. The NFL is a cruel Darwinian business. Both lack the fundamental physical abilities to play in the NFL.

I would far far far far far far rather the team carry someone like Cain or Amaroh Dabroh (whatever is name actually is that was a late season PS signing) or some other youngish size/speed lottery ticket at the WR position.
    I agree, except the thing Switzer might have in his favor is that he’s a slot guy. Who is his major competition for that? I think Diontae Johnson will become of X, with Washington and Claypool being the deep threat guys allowing Juju to move around and play a lot of slot where he can find the best matchups.

But they will want a backup slot receiver and that might be Switzer’s ticket ontio rhe roster. Especially if Cain still qualifies for the PS.

And again, Ben fighting for Switzer could also make a difference.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I swear that I read a few months ago that Switzer has been cut. He has lived off of having a high reception rate (he led the league or something). Unfortunately, his YPC average was like 0.7 yards (or something awful like that).

3rd-&-8
    Switzer will make that catch... for 1 yard.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Hope springs eternal in Steelers land.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The other clear eyed visionary weighs in. Good to know that between Six Rings, Edman, and SteelDude we will all be incessantly reminded of how doomed to failure each Steelers campaign is.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I swear that I read a few months ago that Switzer has been cut. He has lived off of having a high reception rate (he led the league or something). Unfortunately, his YPC average was like 0.7 yards (or something awful like that).

3rd-&-8
    Switzer will make that catch... for 1 yard.
    Don’t forget his ability to call for fair catches on punt returns.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Hope springs eternal in Steelers land.

How eternal is that hope with other franchises? Enlighten us.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Wish he kept the beard lol

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If the WR room is JuJu, Johnson, Wash, Claypool, Switzer, and take your pick from the rest, plus the available targets from the TE and RB groups, I tend to like this receiver corps headed into pre-season. Cuts and the TC player of the year may make some improvement still. The main plus to this group is the fact that Ben is back.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Don’t forget his ability to call for fair catches on punt returns.
    I honestly wish he’d make a “fair catch” (take a knee) on kickoffs. I would not mind starting out drives at the 25.

As it is, he runs it out to the 15, gets tackled, there’s a penalty... and we start at the 8. SMFH

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ben looking pretty trim:

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Ben will be ready, if there was the slightest doubt Steelers would have signed a veteran QB to back him up.

im more worried about the season than Ben’s arm but that’s a topic for another thread

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Ben looking pretty trim:

Photoshopped...obviously

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Too small?

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Brave words for an unknown source

That article bases Ben’s decline on the games without AB. Does he mean the opener against the Taperiots (when Ben played injured) and the following game against the Seahawks (when his elbow popped).

ANALYSIS:
    Ben’s numbers without AB are fine. Whereas, when Ben didn’t play, AB disappeared.

SUMMATION:
    Ben will be fine. SMFH

That article bases Ben’s decline on the games without AB. Does he mean the opener against the Taperiots (when Ben played injured) and the following game against the Seahawks (when his elbow popped).

ANALYSIS:
    Ben’s numbers without AB are fine. Whereas, when Ben didn’t play, AB disappeared.

SUMMATION:
    Ben will be fine. SMFH
    Ben will be fine if of course he is healthy!

Senior Member Array title="SteelersNorth is a splendid one to behold">

ANALYSIS:

SUMMATION:
    Ben will be fine. SMFH
    Yes the sample size is small but in 4 FULL games sans Ben Browns stats extrapolated to 16 are as follows:
    Reception - 95 roughly
    Yards - Less than 1000
    TD Catches - Z E R O!

Summation - Ben MADE Brown into an ALL PRO.

Summation 2 - Ben NEVER gets the credit he deserves which is sad