Thread: With Benefit Of Hindsight How Did You Like The Draft Format?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

With Benefit Of Hindsight How Did You Like The Draft Format?

Looking back at the draft overall I think I liked the draft from home format better than the full on media circus of years past. The live event is not something I am likely to ever attend so maybe for some this year was boring. Just curious what you guys thought overall. How would you like to view it going forward. What were some favorite parts and also some parts you didn't care for?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: With Benefit Of Hindsight How Did You Like The Draft Format?

LOVED IT! Wish they would change it to that every year. Was soooo much better. I still laugh at Vrabels house and Belichicks dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    LOVED IT! Wish they would change it to that every year. Was soooo much better. I still laugh at Vrabels house and Belichicks dog.
    Vrabels house with the dude dropping a deuce was classic!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't take 15 minutes to start the draft, don't let Anthony Fauci waste time that should be spent on the draft, and don't tell me to stay home every 10 minutes and we're good

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Don't take 15 minutes to start the draft, don't let Anthony Fauci waste time that should be spent on the draft, and don't tell me to stay home every 10 minutes and we're good
    Yeah, that was very irritating.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I just tuned in for the Steelers picks and don't give a crap about dumb commercials and other teams.

The stay at home format was fine for me. Watching families get excited in their homes was great.

I hate the overhyped format of the last few years. Crowds and overhype annoy me.

And Goodhell still sux.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I just tuned in for the Steelers picks and don't give a crap about dumb commercials and other teams.

The stay at home format was fine for me. Watching families get excited in their homes was great.

I hate the overhyped format of the last few years. Crowds and overhype annoy me.

And Goodhell still sux.
    I really like seeing the players with their families. Was way better than the live event in my opinion. I think if they used the same format with a little better production and cut the pick times down some, it would be perfect for me. There was a little too much “trying to cram the hard luck story” into each draft pick though.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I really like seeing the players with their families. Was way better than the live event in my opinion. I think if they used the same format with a little better production and cut the pick times down some, it would be perfect for me. There was a little too much “trying to cram the hard luck story” into each draft pick though.
    I think everyone got a bit tired after the 3rd straight hard luck, long road to the draft story. I'm still sick of the ones from years ago.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

the draft will NEVER be realistic without Goodell getting boo'd constantly .... I hated the coverage actually ... I prefer hearing about the players , seeing the clips and breakdowns and keeping it 100% on football ... I always had disdain for day 3 because they get so far off track even in normal years .... this year the whole thing IMO was a train wreck and if it move to this going forward I wont bother watching it will just look at the picks once it is done ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I liked seeing the coaches' kids.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Haven’t watch the broadcast for several years because no cable. Tried it out this year, and it’s so boring.

I just fire up a live tracker on the internet. Couple of message boards and highlights on Google. Make my own broadcast with no nonsense and fluffernutter nonsense.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Haven’t watch the broadcast for several years because no cable. Tried it out this year, and it’s so boring.

I just fire up a live tracker on the internet. Couple of message boards and highlights on Google. Make my own broadcast with no nonsense and fluffernutter nonsense.
    Are you still adjusting the rabbit ears??

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Are you still adjusting the rabbit ears??
    Got my tinfoil and everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the draft will NEVER be realistic without Goodell getting boo'd constantly .... I hated the coverage actually ... I prefer hearing about the players , seeing the clips and breakdowns and keeping it 100% on football ... I always had disdain for day 3 because they get so far off track even in normal years .... this year the whole thing IMO was a train wreck and if it move to this going forward I wont bother watching it will just look at the picks once it is done ...
    They got into some of that breakdown but it was a lot less than normal and I’m not sure it would’ve have been any more breakdown had it been produced the traditional way. Nothing is keeping them from showing the film and breakdowns...they just chose not too...a lot.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar