Thread: Dak Prescott has an offer of 106 million Guarantee on the table ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Dak Prescott has an offer of 106 million Guarantee on the table ...

He will probably say no on that! It's a true circus!

Wanna Bet? Dak Prescott Cowboys Choice: $35M Vs. $31M

FRISCO - We need to clean up a bit of a mess that's been created in the court of public option, that is, the opinion that Dak Prescott's unsigned status is the result of the Dallas Cowboys somehow "insulting'' him.

So understand this: Prescott has a monster offer on the table now ... a pair of them, in fact, as he can either accept the existing $31.409 million franchise-tag offer or continue to negotiate a long-term deal that we've reported presently would land him $35 million per year and more than $106 million guaranteed.

read more

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...-vs-31-million

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Dak Prescott has an offer of 106 million Guarantee on the table ...

No reason Dak Prescott should accept anything less than what Goff or Wentz got.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Biggest problem is that Dak wants 4 years and cowboys want 5 years.

I believe Dak wants 40 million per year too

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

And anyone who has the juice to avoid it would be wise to not take old TV deal $$$ years when the new TV deal starts.

So for instance, if I was TJ Watt (or Dak Prescott) I would not sign what is the top of the 2020 market deal when I know that the market is going to explode upward in 2022/23 when the new TV deal gets inked for a gigabillion or whatever.

Honestly, I really think that for elite guys (at least in contract $$$) teams and agents should hammer out deals based on % of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And anyone who has the juice to avoid it would be wise to not take old TV deal $$$ years when the new TV deal starts.

So for instance, if I was TJ Watt (or Dak Prescott) I would not sign what is the top of the 2020 market deal when I know that the market is going to explode upward in 2022/23 when the new TV deal gets inked for a gigabillion or whatever.

Honestly, I really think that for elite guys (at least in contract $$$) teams and agents should hammer out deals based on % of the cap.
    I can be very wrong on that but with the COVID-19, it's not a lock that the salary cap is going to be higher.

Also I don't think cowboys are disrespectful to Dak Prescott like Stephen A. Smith,Shannon Sharpe or others often says

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

...and Wentz got $108 million guaranteed on a 4 year extension. Prescott is reportedly offered $106million guaranteed on a 5 year deal. Seems like he is getting less.

And before somebody comes out with the argument that a 5 year $35million deal is $175million total....lets please just remember the only money that counts in NFL contracts is guaranteed money.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They are offering way more than he is worth and he is the level of QB that will only with a Super Bowl with a defense the caliber of 08 Steelers or 13 Seahawks. If he doesn't accept then he is probably getting terrible advice from his agent

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    ...and Wentz got $108 million guaranteed on a 4 year extension. Prescott is reportedly offered $106million guaranteed on a 5 year deal. Seems like he is getting less.

And before somebody comes out with the argument that a 5 year $35million deal is $175million total....lets please just remember the only money that counts in NFL contracts is guaranteed money.
    When Wentz had signed his contract, he had 2 years left in his contract (same thing for Goff), so it's 108 million guaranteed for 6 years for Wentz and it would be 106 million for 5 years for Dak.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    When Wentz had signed his contract, he had 2 years left in his contract (same thing for Goff), so it's 108 million guaranteed for 6 years for Wentz and it would be 106 million for 5 years for Dak.
    Well heck then, he should take it. Prescott, Wentz, Goff would all become FA in 2025 if they made it to the end of the contracts. I get that Dak probably wants just a 4 year deal, so he can bet on himself and get a bigger contract in 2024 possibly, but IMO take the money and security. If he actually wins a playoff game or 2 he will be a Cowpoke legend.

I'm not blaming if Dak Prescott is waiting until the end (July 15) to sign his contract, but if he doesn't sign a long term contract, it could be very stupid on his part and also very risky and if he decides to sit out for the training camp and maybe for the regular season, that would be ridiculous!

I think the biggest problem right now is the number of years but I think they will agree on a long term contract even if it will be towards the end.

Not the first time that cowboys are in this situation with one of their players for a contract

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They should roll with Dalton. I really don’t see more than a one game difference between them.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, there is the fact that he's a worse quarterback, and his team still hasn't won anything more than a wild-card game in 25 years.

I mean yeah, if you're him and you're negotiating, of course you hold out for top dollar, and someone might give it to you, but if they don't already have 90% of a Super Bowl team, the joke's on them.

The guy's not bad, but unless something changes, he does not look like the kind of player that is going to carry you to a championship.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

None of them are really worth that crazy money to be honest...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They should roll with Dalton. I really don’t see more than a one game difference between them.
    I don't think so. Dalton is gonna roll in Chad Pennington mode and just tease people into thinking they can get that Andy Dalton who can play at a pro bowl level, but isn't going to get them anywhere.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    None of them are really worth that crazy money to be honest...lol.
    I agree the money is crazy. But this is not my money so go with it. I never look at how I value a player personally. If Wentz and Goff signed for the guaranteed money that they did, why should any starting QB in the league be expected to sign for less guaranteed? Keeping this in the realm of major sports economics the money is there and Dak should ask and expect it. The RB got his payday and so did the WR.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He's dumb to try and get extra gravy on top of $100m+. Let the Cowboys pay for some talent to help him win. Is $100m not enough to live on?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    He's dumb to try and get extra gravy on top of $100m+. Let the Cowboys pay for some talent to help him win. Is $100m not enough to live on?
    The Cowboys already paid Zeke(6yr-$90M, $50M guaranteed) and Cooper(5YR-$100m, $60M guaranteed)).

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I don't think so. Dalton is gonna roll in Chad Pennington mode and just tease people into thinking they can get that Andy Dalton who can play at a pro bowl level, but isn't going to get them anywhere.
    I’m not so sure. Dalton accomplished what he did with the BENGALS. Home of QB busts. He’s still young and I think he can be rejuvenated. I know if we’d had him last year we easily go 11-5. Maybe better.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Dak has a great offense around him and he's still not not of the 10 best QB's in the Game. He's not worth that type of money.

This sums it up>>>>

" Dak Prescott and the Cowboys were 1-6 against playoff teams and 7-2 against non-playoff teams.

Dak threw for an even 8 TD-8 Int in their games against playoff teams, and 22 TD-3 Int against non-playoff teams."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

A Top-10 WR. Arguably the best RB in the league behind one of the best O-Lines in the league. A knowledgeable veteran TE and a decent D on the other side of the ball. Biggest downside to the Cowboys was Jason Garrett. I expect to see a better Dak this season but if he’s not somewhat successful under McCarthy, he’s hopeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

With the contract of Mahomes,40-45 millions per year for Dak is realistic....I don't think that Jerry Jones is a happy man right now.