Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Undeniable with Dan Patrick. One-on-one with Rod Woodson

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Undeniable with Dan Patrick. One-on-one with Rod Woodson

Six Rings, a troll, and a plagiarist walk into a bar.

He ordered a beer.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    And I showed you pal that Woodson did very well at corner those two years, and stared later at safety Sure the Steelers did not need that. Is that what you are tying to say? Amazing stuff.

I suggest you watch the 1 hour interview and learn something. Then if you have the nerve you can call Woodson a liar.

Pal.....Uh.....OK.

Let me get this straight. You "showed me" by using the exact same link that I used to show you Woodson's career, and told you that he only played two more years at CB? Wow, you really showed me by re-posting my link. You know....the very same link of mine where you quoted my post that my link was in.....and then re-posted it in your response. You used my link that I used to show you something.....to show me something. Alrighty then.

I watched the interview with Rod Woodson. Everyone has a different opinion of their own skills. Rod overestimated his own skills, and he didn't want to be a safety with the Steelers. He then accepted moving to safety with other teams to extend his career. All it showed was that the Steelers were right, and they he could have been a great safety here if he didn't let his pride and his desire for more money by continuing to be a cornerback get in his way.

As polamalubeast just posted above. Respond to post #30, where I give an answer to what you were asking. Instead of reposting my links as your own for enlightenment and getting all butt hurt when people call you on your bullshit, try actually responding to real answers by posters here instead of pretending they didn't destroy every single one of your points.

Pal......

You need to work on your tolerance for the truth. Get a grip.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Who here has watched the interview?. You can either call Rod a liar or accept facts. Calling me names isn't changing a thing. But press on, it only make people who might want to join the board think twice.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

OK. Rod Woodson is a liar. He is only remembering to tell part of the truth. I mean what is gonna say? I thought the NFL would pay me far more money than they did. Then I also was sure I as still awesome at CB; turns out I wasnt. No HOF athlete is ever gonna give that interview. I already laid all this out for you:

From post #24 of this thread: In 1996, the team offered Woodson various extension packages ranging around about $2-$2.7 million per season. He turned those down because he wanted more cash. Then he played the season and had more injuries and major surgeries. They offered him an extension and he refused. The team then found a CB who would take their money: https://apnews.com/f4dbee69146f4edfaf789539c95b550a. Rod got all butt-hurt that at 32 years old and with his career achievements the team wanted him to prove he was healthy and take an extension that was basically a bunch of yearly "prove your body can still hold up" deals.

"https://playerswiki.com/rod-woodson"

• The Pittsburgh Steelers signed a four- year, $12 million worth contract with Woodson on September 18, 1993.
    • Woodson declined the three- year, $9 million contract extension offer of Pittsburgh Steelers on August 12, 1996, and requested a four- or five- year long- term contract. Later, they offered Woodson a five- year contract extension of $10 million and a five- year incentive-laden $13.5 million worth contract, including a $500,000 signing bonus.
    • Following the 1996 NFL season, the Pittsburgh Steelers offered Woodson a $ 7.2 million four- year contract with a $ 1 million signing bonus.

It turns out that the ENTIRE NFL also saw Woodson's value around the same $2-$3 million range:

His 49'ers contract: "Woodson's one-year deal in San Francisco, if he reaches all incentives, will earn him nearly $2.5 million." - https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/06/s...eads-west.html

His Ravens contract: https://frontofficenfl.com/2017/04/1...vens-contract/

Both are around an annual value similar to what the Steelers were offering. So this was never about money. Rod's feelings got hurt and his pride needed him to leave town. The Steelers judged his value at the EXACT same level as the entire rest of the league did.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    OK. Rod Woodson is a liar. He is only remembering to tell part of the truth. I mean what is gonna say? I thought the NFL would pay me far more money than they did. Then I also was sure I as still awesome at CB; turns out I wasnt. No HOF athlete is ever gonna give that interview. I already laid all this out for you:

From post #24 of this thread: In 1996, the team offered Woodson various extension packages ranging around about $2-$2.7 million per season. He turned those down because he wanted more cash. Then he played the season and had more injuries and major surgeries. They offered him an extension and he refused. The team then found a CB who would take their money: https://apnews.com/f4dbee69146f4edfaf789539c95b550a. Rod got all butt-hurt that at 32 years old and with his career achievements the team wanted him to prove he was healthy and take an extension that was basically a bunch of yearly "prove your body can still hold up" deals.

"https://playerswiki.com/rod-woodson"

• The Pittsburgh Steelers signed a four- year, $12 million worth contract with Woodson on September 18, 1993.
    • Woodson declined the three- year, $9 million contract extension offer of Pittsburgh Steelers on August 12, 1996, and requested a four- or five- year long- term contract. Later, they offered Woodson a five- year contract extension of $10 million and a five- year incentive-laden $13.5 million worth contract, including a $500,000 signing bonus.
    • Following the 1996 NFL season, the Pittsburgh Steelers offered Woodson a $ 7.2 million four- year contract with a $ 1 million signing bonus.

It turns out that the ENTIRE NFL also saw Woodson's value around the same $2-$3 million range:

His 49'ers contract: "Woodson's one-year deal in San Francisco, if he reaches all incentives, will earn him nearly $2.5 million." - https://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/06/s...eads-west.html

His Ravens contract: https://frontofficenfl.com/2017/04/1...vens-contract/

Both are around an annual value similar to what the Steelers were offering. So this was never about money. Rod's feelings got hurt and his pride needed him to leave town. The Steelers judged his value at the EXACT same level as the entire rest of the league did.

You just posted exactly what happened in the real world. This stuff is common knowledge. Hell, I'm not sure how old you are, but I lived through this and read the stories in the papers. I remember this so well because Rod was my favorite Steeler. He may still be my all-time favorite player. I wanted him in the draft, and when they drafted him I was so excited. He was my guy, and the player who's career I followed the most closely. I watched this entire scenario unfold. I was disappointed, but I also understood that this is what happens in football.

Rod Woodson decided to take a stand, and bet that he was worth more than the Steelers thought he was. He was wrong. He still could have been a great safety for the Steelers, but it was his choice to move on with his career.

He doesn't want facts. He wants to believe whatever Rod Woodson said in the interview was exactly what happened.......not just Rod's side of the story.

NEWSFLASH: It was Rod Woodson's side of the story.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    You just posted exactly what happened in the real world. This stuff is common knowledge. Hell, I'm not sure how old you are, but I lived through this and read the stories in the papers. I remember this so well because Rod was my favorite Steeler. He may still be my all-time favorite player. I wanted him in the draft, and when they drafted him I was so excited. He was my guy, and the player who's career I followed the most closely. I watched this entire scenario unfold. I was disappointed, but I also understood that this is what happens in football.

Rod Woodson decided to take a stand, and bet that he was worth more than the Steelers thought he was. He was wrong. He still could have been a great safety for the Steelers, but it was his choice to move on with his career.

He doesn't want facts. He wants to believe whatever Rod Woodson said in the interview was exactly what happened.......not just Rod's side of the story.

NEWSFLASH: It was Rod Woodson's side of the story.
    Yeah. My first favorite NFL player. I remember all this drama as well. But, I’ve totally lost the plot on the need to edit all this to advance some bizzaro world anti Rooney agenda.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

He ordered a beer.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

He ordered a beer.
    Who won?

He ordered a beer.

The more times I read that joke, the funnier it gets!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He ordered a beer.
    LMaO

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

He ordered a beer.
    If it was a Steelers bar you know they overcharged him for the beer. Steelers are so cheap.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    If it was a Steelers bar you know they overcharged him for the beer. Steelers are so cheap.
    Typical Steelers, overcharging for cheap beer.