Thread: Tomlin Names McCullers And Alualu As NT Candidates, Not Opposed To Adding Depth

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tomlin Names McCullers And Alualu As NT Candidates, Not Opposed To Adding Depth

For the first time this offseason, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ decision-makers were asked about their starting nose tackle. In a conference call, after the team’s virtual offseason, Mike Tomlin was asked to evaluate the position after losing Javon Hargrave to the Eagles.

Tomlin cited two names as candidates to replace Hargrave in the middle – Daniel McCullers and Tyson Alualu. But he also made it clear they’re willing to add outside help. Via ESPN’s Brooke Pryor.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Tomlin Names McCullers And Alualu As NT Candidates, Not Opposed To Adding Depth

I like Alualu in the role. Plus I love saying his name.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Tomlin Names McCullers And Alualu As NT Candidates, Not Opposed To Adding Depth

MIke Daniels on a “prove it deal” please. IF he can have a late career bounce back to his pre-injury/pre-Lions form...i think he would be a bargain at like 5 million or so.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

There very well could be 3 or 4 solid NT/DT cut by a few teams before the season starts. I look for the Steelers to add one through free agency.

I don't want to be negative but I can't believe that he is still on the roster after what,6-7 years?....He is as bad as Cam Thomas

Steelers 2019 Defense Wasn’t Great Against Run With McCullers In Middle

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/05/st...ers-in-middle/

Steelers 2019 Defense Also Wasn’t Great Against Pass With McCullers In Middle

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/05/st...medium=twitter

Adjusting the point of attack

Last week, Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin joined an "SNU Huddle" audio call and answered fans questions about the draft, the current roster, the upcoming schedule and more.

One caller from Louisville, Kentucky shared that one of his all-time favorites was nose tackle Casey Hampton and then asked Tomlin if there might be a player coming up through the ranks that could fill the position like Hampton did.

I listened to Tomlin's answer: Hampton was a great player and served the team well for many years. But the game of football has changed - and so too has what is often needed from the position.
    I agree with Tomlin's assessment.

read more

https://www.steelers.com/news/adjust...oint-of-attack

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    MIke Daniels on a “prove it deal” please. IF he can have a late career bounce back to his pre-injury/pre-Lions form...i think he would be a bargain at like 5 million or so.
    I agree with this, Mike Daniels is damned near unblockable when he's healthy. Obviously his health is a big question mark, but I would imagine he could be had pretty cheaply and I think he'd definitely be an upgrade over the likes of Big Dan.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.