Thread: You're placing a $100 bet today on one AFC team to go UNDER their regular season win total....

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

You're placing a $100 bet today on one AFC team to go UNDER their regular season win total....

Which team are you taking?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: You're placing a $100 bet today on one AFC team to go UNDER their regular season win total....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Which team are you taking?

Chargers.

Re: You're placing a $100 bet today on one AFC team to go UNDER their regular season win total....

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Chargers.
    It was my choice too!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

-Chargers
    -Patriots
    -Ravens

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Browns. No way this mess of a franchise gets 9 wins

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ratbirds and Chargers

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Browns. No way this mess of a franchise gets 9 wins

I'll take the Browns to. I'd take the Patriots but considering that the season will be uncharted hard to bet against the Hoodie.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Broncos, Chargers, Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The NFC

Arizona Cardinals 7
    Atlanta Falcons 7.5
    Carolina Panthers 5.5
    Chicago Bears 8.5
    Dallas Cowboys 9.5
    Detroit Lions 6.5
    Green Bay Packers 9
    Los Angeles Rams 8.5
    Minnesota Vikings 8.5
    New Orleans Saints 10.5
    New York Giants 6.5
    Philadelphia Eagles 9.5
    San Francisco 49ers 10.5
    Seattle Seahawks 9.5
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10
    Washington Redskins 5

https://www.covers.com/editorial/art...dds-win-totals

My choice is maybe the rams.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I'll take the Browns to. I'd take the Patriots but considering that the season will be uncharted hard to bet against the Hoodie.
    Thing is, the browns got better. Jack Conklin, Austin Hooper, Adrian Clayborne, Andrew Billings, Case Keenum. Drafted Jedrick Willis, Grant Delpit, Nick Harris C and Harrison Bryant TE. Their schedule shouldn't be that difficult.

As for New England, they are always bringing in young talent, but without one of the top 5QB of all time under center, the Hoodie may go back to this guy wearing headbands in Cleveland.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

You'll rarely go wrong with the Browns or Raiders ... you can almost ignore what the win total is predicted to be.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    You'll rarely go wrong with the Browns or Raiders ... you can almost ignore what the win total is predicted to be.

That's a pretty strong track record of suck and disappointment to ignore.

I could be wrong but I think if Mayfield is not a bust and the Browns have less drama less hype and more mature during the offseason and the regular season, this team could win 10 games

We will see, but I have been right in my predictions for the Browns in the last two years (I had predicted 7-8 wins in 2018 and a disappointing year last year) .... It's not a bad team but they need to prove it on the field .... 3 teams in the playoffs in the AFC north is very possible.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I already mentioned the Browns but I believe the Raiders are a good candidate for regression. They may have been 7-9 but they were worse than their record last year with a point differential worse than -100, most of their wins were close home wins against bad teams (always a good sign of regression the following year) coupling with most of their losses being blowouts. Also I honestly do not see a lot of talent on that team and I don't buy Jon Gruden at head coach and I don't buy neither Derek Carr nor Marcus Mariota at QB

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I already mentioned the Browns but I believe the Raiders are a good candidate for regression. They may have been 7-9 but they were worse than their record last year with a point differential worse than -100, most of their wins were close home wins against bad teams (always a good sign of regression the following year) coupling with most of their losses being blowouts. Also I honestly do not see a lot of talent on that team and I don't buy Jon Gruden at head coach and I don't buy neither Derek Carr nor Marcus Mariota at QB
    Yeah 7-9 was an inflated record for them in 2019 ... They finished at 1-5 too and they still have a horrible defense on paper

Their offense might be better in 2020 but if Carr continues to be a checkdown machine and always go to the safe option it won't matter.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

This is definitely a prove it year for Carr... and Gruden too. Carr has no excuses this year.

It's his 3rd full year with Gruden's system. He has weapons to throw to. He has a top 5 RB and one of the better O lines. The only thing that should keep him from being successful is himself.

I personally think he's a broken man. He has never gotten over the broken leg and broken back. He plays scared, which is why he constantly checks down. I guess we'll know for sure this season, one way or the other...lol.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Thing is, the browns got better.
    True, and I thought about that but I have a fair amount of confidence that the Browns will find a way to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    True, and I thought about that but I have a fair amount of confidence that the Browns will find a way to lose.
    I'm not so sure any more. I think Kevin Stefanski will have a good foundation of how to manage a team from being around Mike Zimmer and on his staff for several years. The other clowns like Hue Jackson and Freddy Kitchens were just destined to be terrible, but I think Stefanski will put some order in place over there. Still a chance for Haslam and the GM to cause some confusion, but if you have the right coach in place and good players...things point in the right direction.

Mayfield is the wild card IMO. If he cant perform, it will ignite the OBJ, Myles Garrett circus...but I think that is why Case Keenum is there if Mayfield is on the short leash.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'm not so sure any more. I think Kevin Stefanski will have a good foundation of how to manage a team from being around Mike Zimmer and on his staff for several years. The other clowns like Hue Jackson and Freddy Kitchens were just destined to be terrible, but I think Stefanski will put some order in place over there. Still a chance for Haslam and the GM to cause some confusion, but if you have the right coach in place and good players...things point in the right direction.

Mayfield is the wild card IMO. If he cant perform, it will ignite the OBJ, Myles Garrett circus...but I think that is why Case Keenum is there if Mayfield is on the short leash.
    I agree with Mayfield

If he is good, the Browns will be competitive and could win at least 10 games but if he is still bad, it will be a true circus once again.