My confession. When I first joined this board (or the previous one), I could have listed the majority of players in every unit on most of the teams. These days I do not watch as much of the NFL. The Steelers for sure, but with the rest of the league my interest has waned a considerable amount. So there is speculation in my analysis of what some other teams have.

QB - Yes. I'm taking Ben with a healthy arm because otherwise his career is over. However, if his arm is healed, then he is good to go. He shouldn't have any nagging health problems to start the season. As for Mason, Duck, Lynch or Barrett, while I doubt any of them are the heir apparent, they are more adequate than they are given credit for. Most teams in the league are dead without their starting QB. If you have backup that can get you to 2-2 over four games that's pretty good. Mason and Duck both have their short comings, but both had experience last year (and some success), I have some confidence they could pull off 2-2. Lynch is a wildcard. Ben misses more than four games we are done but so are most other teams in the league.

RB - No. I cant put them in the top ten, in part, because I have to rank our RB's as a whole third in our own division. Connor can be a top back in the league. But, I actually have more confidence in Ben staying healthy. The rest unproven.

TE - No. Again, potential is there if Ebron and MacDonald rebound from their 19 seasons

WR - Yes. Most will probably disagree with this assessment because the Steelers don't have a "number 1". Still, while unproven, I really I like the depth or our receiving corp. Its hard to explain, but with the addition of Claypool, I think we will have one of the best WR units in the league.

Offensive line - Yes/No. This is really close for me. Decastro is still among the best. Pouncy and Villanuea slipped last year but are still above average. Wisnieski is a stabilizing force and I think Banner will be ok, but there is some doubt there. I would rank Baltimore's' Tennessee's, KC's, Dallas' among the o'lines better than ours at this point. Maybe ten is about the spot we are.

D'line - Yes. Only thing missing was depth after the departure of Hargrave, but I think our FA signings will be adequate.

Inside linebacker - Yes. We are a little short on depth but VW is stout against the run. And Bush is on the way to being among the best. Gilbert, Spillane and Brooks are unknowns

Outside linebacker - Yes. Arguably the best tandems in the league. Again. Depth a little bit of a concern but the starting ....wow

Safety - Yes. Depth issue again, but we have the best safety in the league.

CB - Yes. By far. Who would have thought a few years ago as we struggled to find corners it would be one of our strongest units?