Thread: After Winston, Newton,Jalen Hurts, Dalton, etc ... Now it's Aaron Rodgers!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

After Winston, Newton,Jalen Hurts, Dalton, etc ... Now it's Aaron Rodgers!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: After Winston, Newton,Jalen Hurts, Dalton, etc ... Now it's Aaron Rodgers!

Because Rodgers sat for four seasons, people forget how old he is. He is only 1 year younger than Ben...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I can see Ben retiring when his contract is done after the 2021 seasons, so yea Rodgers would make sense for the Steelers then.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Is there a quarterback that currently plays football that isn't perfect for the Steelers according to the media?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Is there a quarterback that currently plays football that isn't perfect for the Steelers according to the media?
    Yes... Ben

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yes... Ben

I walked right into that one!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

JaMarcus Russell?

Currently playin flag football with his kids

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I honestly don't think he actually believes that, I think he just wants people talking about him

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Obviously Mason Rudolph isn't even good enough to be a back up , let alone a starter in this league . Thats what the talking heads are really trying to imply , by trying to find us another aging quarterback .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Obviously Mason Rudolph isn't even good enough to be a back up , let alone a starter in this league . Thats what the talking heads are really trying to imply , by trying to find us another aging quarterback .
    That’s the narrative Mason created with his play last year.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I have a friend who just looooves Aaron Rogers. She loathes the Steelers.

The only reason I want this is happen is to watch her shit a brick.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That’s the narrative Mason created with his play last year.
    I must agree. I wanted nothing more than to see MR take a huge step forward and play like an NFL starter. He never inched past 3rd string QB honestly. There were times he was outplayed by Duck and it wasn't close. And by no means do I consider Duck the better backup. I would have zero problems replacing both with Andy Dalton today. You don't need a quality backup because you expect to need him, you need a quality backup for just in case. It's insurance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Why wasn’t Brady ever a “fit”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I must agree. I wanted nothing more than to see MR take a huge step forward and play like an NFL starter. He never inched past 3rd string QB honestly. There were times he was outplayed by Duck and it wasn't close. And by no means do I consider Duck the better backup. I would have zero problems replacing both with Andy Dalton today. You don't need a quality backup because you expect to need him, you need a quality backup for just in case. It's insurance.
    Yeah I defended him on here for several games, but ultimately I threw in the towel on the guy. He might turn out to be an OK backup, but he's not the heir apparent.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah I defended him on here for several games, but ultimately I threw in the towel on the guy. He might turn out to be an OK backup, but he's not the heir apparent.
    I agree

Even if Mason becomes a good starter, it's not this style of QB that I want ... Too conservative and he doesn't have a checkdown that he doesn't like even if it's just a 3 yard gain in a 3rd and 7 situation.