Thread: The steelers cut 3 players

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers cut 3 players

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: The steelers cut 3 players

well at least it wasn't any of the draft picks ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

There goes the season!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Do we think Duck is gonna get replaced between now and the preseason? I mean, I love the story but he’s just not an NFL QB.

Are there any veteran back ups worth getting? Miami isn’t keeping all those guys. I’d love Fitsmagic if were really cheap. I’d even take Josh Rosen if he could be had for a tackling dummy.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Do we think Duck is gonna get replaced between now and the preseason? I mean, I love the story but he’s just not an NFL QB.

Are there any veteran back ups worth getting? Miami isn’t keeping all those guys. I’d love Fitsmagic if were really cheap. I’d even take Josh Rosen if he could be had for a tackling dummy.
    I would not be surprise if the Duck is cut and that Paxton Lynch is our 3rd QB at least...Rosen is not better that Mason too and maybe Lynch too….At least Lynch can run...

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

I doubt it. We need a camp arm, and it looks as though the Steelers are comfortable with who they have, so there's no reason to bring someone else in. I would imagine Duck stays with the team until the final roster. I wouldn't be surprised to find him on the practice squad, however, since he only has one accrued season, and the NFL limit is two accrued seasons each for four separate players.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Steelers roster lists Ben, Rudolph, Duck, Lynch, and JT Barrett as QBs.

I expect to see Ben, Rudolph, Lynch on the 53. Let Barrett and Duck battle for the PS spot.

The 3 cuts were just to get down to 90. Those 3 were obviously not making this team anyway. Obviously.