Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which team will sign Cam Newton or Jameis Winston?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Which team will sign Cam Newton or Jameis Winston?

Winston likely only signed the one year deal with the Saints because Brees already has one foot out the door. He is 3 years older than Ben and already has a post football big $$$ job lined up. So he takes a $1.1 million on year gamble that Drew Brees doesn't play football past this season. Then Winston walks into a shot to become the starter on a loaded roster. That is far better than sitting behind a guy who now talks about playing out his current multi-year contract and who knows after that. Or going and being a "bridge" guy on some crap team.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Winston likely only signed the one year deal with the Saints because Brees already has one foot out the door. He is 3 years older than Ben and already has a post football big $$$ job lined up. So he takes a $1.1 million on year gamble that Drew Brees doesn't play football past this season. Then Winston walks into a shot to become the starter on a loaded roster. That is far better than sitting behind a guy who now talks about playing out his current multi-year contract and who knows after that. Or going and being a "bridge" guy on some crap team.
    Indeed

A very smart move.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Winston with Sean Payton could be a fun to watch combo.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Winston signed a one year deal as a “year of learning”. He wanted to go to a team where he could learn as much as he can before hitting the free agent market again in 2021. Payton/Brees can probably teach a little more than Fichtner/Roethlisberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    EASTON STICK!!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    If Winston was that cheap why not here? We could have used him with Ben still a ?

Hopefully Newton is still around come September and willing to take a deal like this. I really do not want to roll into next season with Rudolph and Duck as our backups to a QB coming off major elbow surgery. If Ben can't go then I say just tank and get into the Trevor stakes!
    I don't care for Newton, mainly because he chews with his mouth open with that blue gum. It's nasty.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Josh Rosen!!! Only makes sense...lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Josh Rosen!!! Only makes sense...lol
    I know it’s kinda funny but if they signed him for cheap to take a look see...I think it would be smart. Assuming Phins cut him.

Josh Rosen is just horrible

I mean,look at his stats after 2 years...Bad team are not,this is just awful

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RoseJo01.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I know it’s kinda funny but if they signed him for cheap to take a look see...I think it would be smart. Assuming Phins cut him.
    Yeah. Wouldn’t mind that. Don’t want to see them give up ANY kind of draft pick though.

I saw someone on twitter that he would give a third round pick to Rosen!...Ridiculous!

Why? ... Because he is a former first round pick? ... He is not better than Rudolph ... He is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yeah. Wouldn’t mind that. Don’t want to see them give up ANY kind of draft pick though.
    Agreed. I really do think that IF they get a full camp and a full preseason --- people are going to calm the heck down about the QB issue because Paxton Lynch is going to be pretty good.

I know he has had his issues and I suspect he is kinda dumb BUT I figure going from the franchise guy to barely hanging on a roster in a few weeks was the wake-up call he needed.

I have no idea if he can put it together at the NFL level, but his skill set is exactly what the league is showing is needed at QB.