Thread: Steelers’ 2020 Undrafted Free Agents

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers’ 2020 Undrafted Free Agents

so far...

Christian Montano/C Tulane
    James Lockhart/OLB Baylor

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/04/st...cker-updating/

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Steelers’ 2020 Undrafted Free Agents

FB Spencer Nigh (Auburn)
    OG Christian Montano (Tulane)
    DB Trajan Bandy (Miami (Fla.))
    DB James Pierre (Florida Atlantic)
    LB James Lockhart (Baylor)
    LB Leo Lewis (Mississippi State)
    LB John Houston (Southern California)
    DE Josiah Coatney (Mississippi)
    DE Calvin Taylor (Kentucky)
    P Corliss Waitman (South Alabama/Mississippi State)
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 04-25-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

FB Spencer Nigh, 267 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    https://youtu.be/uHumTCGIKik?t=12

Meh. If we were allowed to carry an emergency kicker...
    Congrats Jordan Berry on keeping your job, again.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    FB Spencer Nigh, 267 pounds

He's a load. He's also pretty nimble for man that size, and powerful as you'd expect.

Not a bad pickup to see what he could do. I always noticed him every time I watched Auburn play. You couldn't miss him!

His measurables actually weren't that bad, but there just isn't a need for many fullbacks in the NFL. He's as strong as an ox as he put up 28 reps on the bench but still ran 4.82 in the 40.. They'll probably have him drop some weight, and see what he is capable of. I think he only caught one pass, so he wasn't exactly an offensive threat.

I'm not expecting him to make the roster to beat out one of the Watt brothers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    FB Spencer Nigh (Auburn)
    OG Christian Montano (Tulane)
    DB Trajan Bandy (Miami (Fla.))
    DB James Pierre (Florida Atlantic)
    LB James Lockhart (Baylor)
    LB Leo Lewis (Mississippi State)
    LB John Houston (Southern California)
    DE Josiah Coatney (Mississippi)
    DE Calvin Taylor (Kentucky)
    P Corliss Waitman (South Alabama/Mississippi State)
    The only player on this list I have watched play is Josiah Coatney of Ole Miss. I looked at different sites to get an idea of his actual size and found 6'3" to 6'5" and 287lbs to 309lbs, so let's just call him 6'4" and about 300lbs. I don't remember anything Earth-shattering about him that immediately draws the eye. BUT he was one of those defenders that was always in the backfield and/or near the tackle. He's not elite but pretty fast off the snap. Seems like more of a pass rusher project than a hold the gap run stuffer or edge setter. Maybe will find a spot on PS or ST.

While I was looking up Coatney's dimensions i went on and looked at the other UDFA DE, Calvin Taylor from Kentucky. I didn't watch him play or I'm sure I would remember a 6'9" DE. Apparently Taylor was a basketball player that turned to football after highschool.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just based on this interview I think ILB John Houston may be tried out as the hybrid SS/ILB I thought would be a sure draft pick.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...acker-prospect

Says he was the defensive play caller and made sure everyone was lined up where they were supposed to be. I'm intrigued to learn more about this guy. Post it if you know him and USC football with any and all insights.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So any of these guys actually excite anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So any of these guys actually excite anybody?
    Bandy. He has some talent from the little I've seen. With Hilton and Sutton being FA's after the Summer it sure would be nice to find a gem to replace them.

Calvin Taylor is interesting also. Big 5 tech at 6'9".

Believe both could be practice squad candidates.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Congrats Jordan Berry on keeping your job, again.

This sucks. And I blame the Steelers who should have had the pick of the undrafted punters. All they woudl have to do is call their agents as round 7 is winding down, and say our guy ( Berry ) isn't very good and expensive, we'll give you an extra-large signing bonus, pack your bags and come to the Burgh.

The Steelers bring in a non rated rated punter, who averages less than 43 yard per punt.

" Corliss Waitman punted at South Alabama where in four seasons he had 158 punts for 6,740 yards, an average of 42.7. " Pretty blah.

Incase you are wondering 20 of the 32 NFL punters did better than, 43.2 yard per punt. Waitman is a " camp leg ", and the shame of it is there were probably 5 rookie free agents that could have beaten Berry out.