Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers select Maryland RB Anthony McFarland at 124

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers select Maryland RB Anthony McFarland at 124

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm not a fan of small RBs in the NFL. 5'8"-180-190LBS with a history of injuries in college. He's a Steeler now so welcome aboard and Let's GO!, but I'm just not a fan of the size. LOVE the speed.
    Important for a offense to have speed...The steelers have been in the bottom 3 in run over 20 yards since 2017(The tweet in post 13 is the source)

I'm not a fan of small RBs in the NFL. 5'8"-180-190LBS with a history of injuries in college. He's a Steeler now so welcome aboard and Let's GO!, but I'm just not a fan of the size. LOVE the speed.
    According to the NFL draft page, he's 5' 8" and 208 pounds running a 4.44 in the 40 at that weight. I wouldn't call him small. Short? Sure. But not small.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I get it, but the guy will be a role player. Conner is 6 ‘1 230 and is injury prone. Comes with the position, actually the game. None of the RBs this year blew me away who knows how many contribute.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If you’re gonna cut and paste, why don’t you include the positives too? So predictable.
    No need. This way the predictable snowflakes' heads will explode.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I read all that shit too, you don’t play football on paper. You watch the guy and no doubt has more potential than Any RB on team not named Conner.
    This pick screams Tomlin. Splash player.

Conner isn't all that. You need an O-line to run behind. That left when Munchak left.
    Hater = Realist

The next time he will said something positive to a player or coach,it will be the first time ever….

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Snowflake = anyone who disagrees with your negativity.
    Triggered liberal

I keep forgetting that every Steeler in your eyes is a HOFer.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No need. This way the predictable snowflakes' heads will explode.
    Your goal is to upset people, rather than inform? Why?

You might be right about this pick, but if I have to question your motives then I have to dismiss your statements, which is too bad because they could have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The next time he will said something positive to a player or coach,it will be the first time ever….
    You're so negative. Don't worry, McFarland will be a journey RB.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

According to the NFL draft page, he's 5' 8" and 208 pounds running a 4.44 in the 40 at that weight. I wouldn't call him small. Short? Sure. But not small.
    208lbs is not small, I like him better at that weight. I thought he was smaller than that. A RB needs to be at least as big as a Safety/CB IMO. Maybe he can put on 5-10lbs of muscle and maintain his speed. Then I might really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post

You might be right about this pick, but if I have to question your motives then I have to dismiss your statements, which is too bad because they could have merit.
    How would that upset an emotionally stable person? I did inform.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

How would that upset an emotionally stable person? I did inform.
    You implied that you left out information, not because it was irrelevant, but because it was more important to hurt snowflakes. It’s not about the snowflakes’ reaction to me, it’s that it matters to you and you see upsetting people as a feature rather than a bug. If your motives are suspect, then I can’t know if you are presenting credible commentary.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You implied that you left out information, not because it was irrelevant, but because it was more important to hurt snowflakes. It’s not about the snowflakes’ reaction to me, it’s that it matters to you and you see upsetting people as a feature rather than a bug. If your motives are suspect, then I can’t know if you are presenting credible commentary.
    How is the evaluation of draft prospects even connected to liberal snowflakes?

Steeldude is just a grumpy guy who admits he watches no college football, no non-Stelers NFL, and then claims he only watches the entire game if the Steelers are winning or playing well.

Then he likes to come on here and offer uninformed opinions that he positions as definitive facts that can not be questioned. He's either attempting to be a caricature or he's actually the embodiment of "OK. Boomer."

I can't tell if he's trying to make a joke or is a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

They trying to create a speed kills offense? They went with the fastest big receiver since Megatron, and now a speedy RB in the 4th. I just hope it's not gonna be too feast or famine, though I'm all for adding playmakers since we're lacking some

Triggered liberal

I keep forgetting that every Steeler in your eyes is a HOFer.
    Me? Liberal? Sure. Okay. And, while the Steelers do have several HOFers, and perhaps two or three currently on the roster, that's far from "every Steelers' player."

But, let's back away from blanket statements. Can you show me any post where someone disagrees with your negativity and you actually reassess your thoughts?

Can you show any posts where you are happy about a move the Steelers have made in the last, say, three years?

Me and all the other "snowflakes" are waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They trying to create a speed kills offense? They went with the fastest big receiver since Megatron, and now a speedy RB in the 4th. I just hope it's not gonna be too feast or famine, though I'm all for adding playmakers since we're lacking some
    The fastest offense in the league is the Chiefs,so speed is not the only thing whick is important,but this is important to have some.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The fastest offense in the league is the Chiefs,so speed is not the only thing whick is important,but this is important to have some.
    That is true

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Look what speed in the form of Bush and Fitz did on defense.

Now are Clsypool and Lil Boogie that "NFL READY?" No idea.

208lbs is not small, I like him better at that weight. I thought he was smaller than that. A RB needs to be at least as big as a Safety/CB IMO. Maybe he can put on 5-10lbs of muscle and maintain his speed. Then I might really like him.
    I don't know. He seems to slot out more as a 3rd down back than anything else. So, being a bit lighter isn't as much of an issue because he won't be taking the abuse like an every-down back.

Oh, and of course, 3rd down backs are ALL HOFers, right Steeldude? I mean, of course I believe a 3rd down back will end up in the HOF.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Same size as Maurice Jones-Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So does this mean Benny Snell will be packing Amazon boxes soon?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

That's what trolls do.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Same size as Maurice Jones-Drew.
    Huh. That is interesting. He's an inch taller as well. If he has a similar career, I'd be more than happy with him, especially as a 4th round pick as I don't expect him to ever be a featured back. He's looks more like the change of pace, 3rd down type that can start a few games when necessary.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Why would he? Snell had a solid rookie year. Needs more carries.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I hope not...AMazon is already slow enough with the virus...don't need Benny slowing it down even more...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I hope not...AMazon is already slow enough with the virus...don't need Benny slowing it down even more...

Huh. That is interesting. He's an inch taller as well. If he has a similar career, I'd be more than happy with him, especially as a 4th round pick as I don't expect him to ever be a featured back. He's looks more like the change of pace, 3rd down type that can start a few games when necessary.
    1 inch taller and 1 pound heavier. I'd be ecstatic, as I am sure most would, if he had an MJD type impact on this team.

MJD - 5'7" - 207 - 4.39 (40 Time)
    Boog - 5'8" - 208 - 4.40 (40 Time)

Pretty damn close...