Thread: The Steelers can replace Conner in round two, but not Ju-Ju.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

The Steelers can replace Conner in round two, but not Ju-Ju.

Conner's a great story but had trouble staying healthy as the back up as a rookie. Never give a big 2nd contract to a back who can't stay healthy. If the Steelers want to replace Conner tonight, Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins are still on the board. Any of the above would be an upgrade.

BY Contrast Ju-Ju is far from a broken down player. He has a bad 2019 but the QB's he was playing with had something to do with it. The Steelers also have Johnson and Washington, both young players looked good last season. What we can use is a speed receiver.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: The Steelers can replace Conner in round two, but not Ju-Ju.

Why would drafting a RB in the 2nd round(being the only Steelers pick in the top 100) be that much different than the Packers drafting a QB in round 1? The Steelers have a stable of 26 and younger RBs. With Conner, Snell, Samuels, Watt, Edmunds, and Whyte the RB room is already over-filled. Makes no sense to me at 49. A backup Safety makes more sense than a RB, much more. A WR4 makes more sense than a RB at 49. Conner had an injury filled 2019 with an in-season knee surgery, a shoulder and a quad that kept him out. But he was a Probowl RB just the season before. AND without a real QB I don't believe we actually got to see the real Bennie Snell yet either. Draft a RB from this draft by all means, I just think it's a wasted pick at 49.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Why would drafting a RB in the 2nd round(being the only Steelers pick in the top 100) be that much different than the Packers drafting a QB in round 1? The Steelers have a stable of 26 and younger RBs. With Conner, Snell, Samuels, Watt, Edmunds, and Whyte the RB room is already over-filled. Makes no sense to me at 49. A backup Safety makes more sense than a RB, much more. A WR4 makes more sense than a RB at 49. Conner had an injury filled 2019 with an in-season knee surgery, a shoulder and a quad that kept him out. But he was a Probowl RB just the season before. AND without a real QB I don't believe we actually got to see the real Bennie Snell yet either. Draft a RB from this draft by all means, I just think it's a wasted pick at 49.
    Why? Conner is a broken down play who's fumble prone. Snell is too slow too feature. Samuels is a 3rd down guy only. Watt is a FB only. Whyte has intriguing ability, but is untested. Edmunds was luck to be on the team. That's why.

If we get FSU's back in round three, that would be great.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Im with born2steel thank God no RB in rd 2
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now