Thread: My 2020 mock draft

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

My 2020 mock draft

It is time once again for my annual mock draft. I will do a little differently. I will first post my first round on the first post and the 2nd post keep going without explanation until I get to the Steelers. The first post will be round one and the 2nd will be round 2. Also I know that my mock draft is not entirely in line with rumors that have been coming out and that is due to their lack of reliabilty. I am basing off of what I see makes sense.

1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow QB LSU- They have to, right? Not only does he have the skill level he has also the right attitude to succeed in the NFL game. If he pans out, and the Bengals don't royally screw up, they may be able to reach the divisional round within the next decade

2. Washington Redskins: Chase Young DE Ohio State- While some in the sports media tried to fabricate Tua to the Redskins speculations at one point and while the Redskins may be dumb enough to pass on the best player in the draft to take a QB a year after spending a 1st on a QB, I don't see it happening, especially with the injury questions with Tua. Chase Young is the best player in the draft and there are rumors that they will select him

3. TRADE: San Diego L.A. Chargers: Justin Herert QB Oregon- The Chargers trade up with the Lions who are looking for a trade down. With questions surrounding Tua Tagaviola, Herbert may become a higher commodity. I believe the Chargers will eye Herbert and prefer him to Tua. The Chargers need a new QB in the wake of Phillip Rivers being released

4. New York Giants: CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma- Dave Gettleman surprises with another reach and another questionable decision. O-line is a bigger need and there are better OTs available. Meanwhile the WR class is so deep they can find a solid one at pick 36, but Gettleman has been prone to, to put it favorably, questionable decisions as seen in last draft. Reaches and questionable decisions are part of any draft

5. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagaviola QB Alabama- The Dolphins are reportedly trying to trade up for Joe Burrow. That likely won't happen. Instead the Dolphins stand pat and take the risk on Tua. Some teams have injury concerns with Tua but it is unclear which one. Medical concerns seem to typically drop a player down but it only takes one team to get a guy off the board. I predict that the Dolphins are one team that don't have this concern and that Stephen Ross, who likes to make big name splash decisions, will go for the risk to try and get a franchise QB.

6. TRADE: Detroit Lions Jeff Okuah CB Ohio State- I can't imagine it will take long for the Lions to make this pick Okudah is a top 5 prospect and the Lions had one of the worst defenses in the league, and that was before trading away their no. 1 CB. This makes too much sense

7. Carolina Panthers: Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa- I have to imagine the Panthers are happy all the o-linemen remain on the board after tying the Dolphins for most sacks surrendered last year. Iowa o-linemen get selected high and Tristan Wirfs is the first off the board

8. TRADE Atlanta Falcons: Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson: The Atlanta Falcons are trying to trade up. They tried to trade into the top 5, but settle for the top 8 as they trade with Arizona who gets draft capital back after trading for DeAndre Hopkins. Simmons is a bit of a wildcard. I imagine though that Simmons could be of real help to a Falcons defense that needs plenty of it.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Brown DT Auburn- With the way the Jags have benn hemmorrhaging talented players, a straight BPA may be in order. Marcell Dareus has not been resigned. Derrick Brown seems like an obvious choice at pick 9.

10. Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton OT Louisville- The Browns need OT and all but one OT are available to them. I was half-tempted to give the Browns a stupid pick but thought it was better for more OTs to start getting off the board

11. New York Jets: Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama- I had to look up who the Jets had at WR and thought Robby Anderson was their current no. 1 initially (he isn't on the Jets anymore, the no. 1 guy seems to be Breshard Perriman, yikes). Jerry Jeudy would likely help Sam Darnold not see so many ghosts.

12. Oakland Los Angelas Las Vegas Raiders: Henry Ruggs WR Alabama- Back-back Alabama WRs. They've been searching for a no. 1 WR since last offseason when they tried to make it work with AB's bullcrap so they will be eyeing one in the draft. Ruggs also happens to run a sub-4.3 40 so you have the type of speed the Raiders desire

13. TRADE: New Orleans Saints: Justin Love QB Utah State- With the top 3 WRs off the board, the 49ers who don't have a pick from rounds 2-4 are open for business. Teddy Bridgewater left, Drew Brees has 2 years max, and Taysom Hill is more of a gimmick QB. I could easily see Sean Payton try and coach the talented but raw Love up while he learns behind Brees. The 49ers meanwhile get a nice draft haul

14. TRADE: Arizona Cardinals Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina: The Cards work the draftboard. After the Cardinals gave a big boost to their offense by fleecing Bill O Brien to get the presumably untradable DeAndre Hopkins, it seems right that the Cardinals would take care of their defense. The Cardinals are in need of a DT thanks in large part to the Nkimdichi disaster. They trade up 2 spots to ensure no one leapfrogs them for Javon Kinlaw who is great value at 14. The Bucs meanwhile can trade back and

15. Denver Broncos: Jedrick Wills OT Alabama- Great value and provides protection for Drew Lock

16. TRADE: Tampa Bay Bucs: Andrew Thomas OT Georgia- The Bucs plan on starting a 43 year old QB entering a decline, a QB who even in his prime had issues handling get hit. The Bucs best protect their new QB. Thomas is added bonus of being a great value selection as well. \

17. Dallas Cowboys: Cesar Ruiz C Michigan- I think Ruiz goes higher than people expect. Dallas gets a replacement for Travis Frederick who suddenly retired

18. Miami Dolphins: DeAndre Swift RB Georgia- With the Steelers original pick and the one the Steelers gave up to get Minkah Fitzpatrick, the first RB off the board. Miami needs a lot of talent, including at rB after trading away Kenyan Drake

19. Las Vegas Raiders: CJ Henderson CB Florida- This seems like an obvious choice. CJ Henderson has the speed and measurables the Raiders love and it seems like they have needed CB for a long time. Also helps Henderson is the best available CB

20. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevon Diggs CB Alabama- The Jags were hoping CJ Henderson would be availalbe, instead they take another CB in Diggs. Both starting CBs were traded over the last 7 months.

21. Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Jefferson WR LSU- No way the Eagles don't come out with a no. 1 WR. The stacked WR class allows them to stand pat, and take the best available at 21

22. Minnesota Vikings: K'Lavon Chase Edge LSU- Vikings have multiple vets to replace and could go a number of directions. Here the Vikings elect to replace Everson Griffen with one of the best remaining players in Chase

23. New England Patriots: Patrick Queen LB LSU- They make a run at Jordan Love but among the QBs available, Bellichick will likely be unwilling to spend a 1st round pick on. Instead Patrick Queen provides great value and they lost both Jamie Collins and Kyle Van Noy, so this does make sense

24. TRADE San Fransisco 49ers: Jalen Raegor WR TCU- WR is San Fran's biggest need with Manny Sanders moving on to New Orleans, enter in Jalen Raegor whose stock is going up.

25. Minnesota Vikings: Tee Higgins WR Clemson- A WR to replace Stefan Diggs, with their own pick, not the one they dealt

26. Miami Dolphins: Austin Jackson OT USC- Let's see, the Dolphins drafted a QB with a sizable injury and who is coming off a season ending hip injury and last year the Dolphins tied the Panthers for most sacks surrendered. Why do I feel OL is easily the best option here.

27. TRADE Kansas City Chiefs: Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma- First of all it would be a huge shock if Seattle DIDN'T trade down. Enter the Chiefs, LB is one of their biggest needs and Kenneth Murray is a steal at this juncture. It will also serve them well to leapfrog Baltimore to get him, their presumed biggest threat who also has LB as one of their biggest needs

28. Baltimore Ravens: Xavier McKinney S Alabama- After losing out on Murray, Baltimore gets a safety. They did not resign Tony Jefferson and Earl Thomas is in his 30s and has had a recent run of injury luck

29. Tennessee Titans: AJ Epensa EDGE Iowa- Watching the AFC Championship game, the Titans lacked a pass rush, which is sorely needed to topple Patrick Mahomes which is where Epensa comes in

30. Green Bay Packers: Laviska Shenault WR Colorado- The cupboard is bear in terms of pass-catching weapons at WR. Selecting Shenault would address this. Last couple years they've traded up but here I have them remaining pat

31. TRADE Houston Texans: Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin- You thought Bill O Brien was done yet. Nope, O Brien has one more masterstroke of nonsense, trading his highest remain draft pick both this year and next to move up 9 spots to select a RB when they could have stood pat and gotten a RB. The 49ers looking for more picks oblige him. O' Brien seems to love creating negative media attention, and this will allow him to have more of that in the draft

32. TRADE Seattle Seahawks Yateur Gross Mater EDGE- Penn State: The will he or won't he from Clowney makes edge a pressing issue. Even if Clowney returns Mater would still be useful in helping to make better a bottom 10 defense

- - - Updated - - -

2nd Round. I will keep going until I hit the Steelers pick, no explanations otherwise

33. Cincinatti Bengals: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State

34. Indianapolis Colts: Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame

35. Detriot Lions: Grant Delpit S LSU

36. New York Giants: Lloyd Cushenberry C LSU

37. TRADE Detroit Lions: J.K. Dobbins RB Ohio STate

38. Carolina Panthers: Justin Blacklock DT TCU

39. Miami Dolphins: Curtis Weaver Edge Auburn

40. TRADE San Fransisco 49ers: Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia

41. Cleveland Browns: Antoine Winfield Jr S Minnesota

42. Jacksonville Jaguars: Cam Akers RB FSU

43. Chicago Bears: Kristian Fulton CB LSU

44. Indianapolis Colts: Jacob Eason QB Washington

45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jake Fromm QB Georgia

46. Denver Broncos: Zach Baun LB Wisconsin

47. Atlanta Falcons: Jaylon Johnson CB Utah

48. New York Jets: Terrell Lewis EDGE Alabama

49. Pittsburgh Steelers: Solomon Kindley G Georgia- The Steelers need o-line help, particularly in the interior. B.J Finney is now a Seahawk. Ramon Foster officially retired. Pouncey is also getting up there in age and showed signs of regression last year. Stefen Wisnewski is a step in the right direction but they need more at the position. Enter Solomon Kindley, who has experience playing at a high level for the Georgia Bulldogs. Kindley would be another step towards solidifying the declining offensive line

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: My 2020 mock draft

Great top ten. The Falcons getting Simmons is my favorite pick (although, I think they’re trying to get higher to Okudah).

The Niners trading back and fleecing BoB is... Nice!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: My 2020 mock draft

I love your shot on Bill O'Brien!